I'm struggling so far with alternative save (no trial of iron) and I can't figure out this fight. I saw 2 videos on youtube but I'm not confident it would work out for me in the same way. 

Any advice, ideas? There is no current build, I'm constantly reseting my char to try different ways.

giphy.gif

Just some random ideas:

Maybe use Munacra Arret, then charm the dragon that's not immune?

Drop summons, use Withdraw from Black Sanctuary and then switch to a one-handed setup while withdrawn (+12 ACC) for Dragon Thrashed.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I use Munacra Arret and Ring of Changing Heart. Maybe it's bad luck, but charm/domination are mostly missing. It usualy hits once or twice during fight (with resting bonuses accuracy II vs beast and beast slying chant + Steadfast for immunity fear).

To be honest I didn't try the tanky way before. I did only kiting strategy, so maybe the tanky way will work with Black Sanctuary.  I'm not even sure if With All Your Strenght Slay The Beast stacks with acc bonus from survival skill.

I killed Alpine and Adra dragons without The Dragon Trashed, The Dragon Wailed. It seemed not very effective against dragons. At least vs Adra because of immunity to fire portion of damage.

Thank you for your advice. I'll try with The Dragon Trashed... and Withdraw tactics.

giphy.gif

I managed to win this fight thanks to Boeroer's advice! :D Black Sanctuary for withdraw, then switch for Steadfast for single weapon + constant fear immunity.

And I get the Ultimate Challenge achievement.

Edited by Silvaren
  • Like 1

giphy.gif

Thanks again! I even accidentally upscaled act IV and the fight with Thaos had few danger moments. I'm uploading videos. Alpine dragon and Llengrath are probably the only two fights that worked out without doing too much dumb mistakes.

The only battles I'm proud of:

Alpine dragon: 

Llengrath fight: 

Edited by Silvaren
  • Like 1

giphy.gif

As far as I know Withdraw+Chanting worked for... don't know... years? ;)

Regular stunning stops chanting though.

I just remembered the thing I tested wasn't chanting while withdrawn, but +50 defenses while stunned prone, sorry for the confusion.

@Raven Darkholme

Your fight with Alpine Dragon looked riski near the end but now you have Black Sanctuary. I didn't though aboout withdraw + dragon trashed before Boeroer mentioned that it works. Now things should be easier for your chanter. Probably not so easy like your cipher with psychic backlash vs Llengrath's dragons but still :D

• Like 1

giphy.gif

@Raven Darkholme

Your fight with Alpine Dragon looked riski near the end but now you have Black Sanctuary. I didn't though aboout withdraw + dragon trashed before Boeroer mentioned that it works. Now things should be easier for your chanter. Probably not so easy like your cipher with psychic backlash vs Llengrath's dragons but still :D

Yeah I think Alpine is the hardest enemy for chanter, but it was also my fault for not paying attention to my hp and buffs enough.

(I didn't have Llengrath's when i almost died).

Withdraw makes everything easy, fight 60 secs normally as long as you have end regen, then pop withdraw to finish. (or vs llengrath early to avoid thew piggy).

I always thought chanter was better than cipher except vs dragons, but my last cipher run taught me how to fight the more dangerous bounties and now i truly think cipher is much better than chanter or at least much safer. (chanter is a lot faster vs bounties)

Damn the shield is such a lifesaver.

Just came back from the animat level in Od nua and somehow managed to select the wrong dialogue option to the Vithrack and they turned hostile on me having red hp.

Since they can stun and paralyze me quite well (Moon Godlight is sooo bad in comparison to Aumaua) I instapaused and wasn't quite sure if I can survive unprepared (I did have vital essence pots as last resort), pressing withdraw immediately resolved all issues, Vithracks are so squishy haha.

When I get Black Sanctuary, I had only Adra Dragon, Llengrath and Thaos left. I managed to get through Endless Paths without the shield. Vithracks are squishy, die fast but only if you aren't paralyzed. I used figurines at the start of every fight with vithracks or adragans, then my own summons. Summoned creatures are like agro decoys. AI just can't resist to attack them. Lagufaeths are the easiest of CC enemies. Aila Braccia reflects nearly all of their attacks - paralyze too. It's quite funny.

Edited by Silvaren

giphy.gif

I have Durgan's, Craghold and all WM2 left, but usually I don't need the shield for trash mobs. but I'm too used to resolving the vithrack dialogue peacefully, so I didn't rest before talking to them and my hp was dangerously low.

I also use Aila Braccia for lagu's it is so funny when their magic missiles rebound. :D

Eyless in WM 2 were the toughest fights for me. It was like - figurine at the start or death from their fire ray. Fights were really long. If I summoned ancient weapons, then I sent one to lure another eyless before current combat ends.

giphy.gif

Eyless in WM 2 were the toughest fights for me. It was like - figurine at the start or death from their fire ray. Fights were really long. If I summoned ancient weapons, then I sent one to lure another eyless before current combat ends.

With my cipher I realized they only cast Ray once at combat start (or at least they did for me) so as long as they're separated they're not as dangerous as they seem at first.

I might switch to a stunning weapon for them, with the cipher Abydon's hammer was awesome, but the cipher had powers to stun/paralyze them permanently.

Adra Dragon was so easy compared to Alpine, even though it is fire immune.

Opened the combat without Withdraw, since I wanted to get the full benefit of Ancient memory and Veteran's Recovery.

Only 1 Adragan aggroed, if more aggroed i was ready to withdraw earlier, but the 1 that aggroed melted to the chant without doing any harm.

When I finally used withdraw the dragon was already badly wounded, since I don't have Steadfast yet (still didn't go to Durgan's, I wanted the Adra shield first for the extra defenses) I had to make sure to cast prayer against Fear before every Withdraw.

Chanting alone against a fire immune enemy doesn't do as much as chanting + Drawn in Spring, so when both withdraws expired Adra was still barely alive, in this fight withdraw is more a safety measure, if all Adragans aggro, but at least it prevented me from taking unneccessary risks by big dragon hits.

It is to note that Adra doesn't have Sneak Attack/Deathblows so it can't hit as hard as Alpine.

Also another reason why Alpine was unneccessary hard for me was I forgot to use the Salty Mast whore.

Maybe it would have been smarrter to kill Adra first and then Alpine for the Shield, since Aila Braccia doesn't really do anything vs Alpine.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got to LLengrath and beat her pretty comfortably without using Withdraw from Black Sanctuary.

I used Ryona's instead of Blackwarden's and had 190 Fort with Vigorous Defense up (which was up long enough for the mages to die and no danger of me turning piggie), but because of the lower accuracy the fight took sligthly longer (around 9 mins), since the fire immune dragon took a lil longer to kill.

(I also had Godansthunyr instead of Drawn in Spring, which is better overall, but ofc worse against the fire immune dragon.)

All over this approach felt safer because my race is the useless Moon Godlike instead of something amazing like Coastal Aumaua/Wild Orlan.

I left magran's and the remaining bounties for after the dragons, but I feel pretty comfortable with finishing the achievement, since Withdraw is pretty amazing against pure human groups, except maybe Brynlodd.

• Like 1