Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Drowsy Emperor

Drowsy Emperor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2403 posts

Yeah, I think that's the default happy ending though there is a better ending and I think 2 worse endings. I think you can get the worst ending by just replaying the final fight and picking different options but the other two would require you going further back and probably some meta knowledge on how to get them. Not worth it if you didn't enjoy the game that much anyway. I'd still recommend the high level follow on campaign though. It's pretty short and ties up some loose ends.

I enjoyed the follow-up campaign, but hated the combat design. It's like every other enemy was a grenadier and 75% had the stun immunity cyberware. Stupid easy if you were a fire mage, a pain in the ass if you weren't and didn't get Duncan's magnet arm.

If you had to drag yourself to play the main campaign to the end though, it probably won't change your overall opinion of the game.

I'm kinda disappointed that HBS seem to have abandoned Shadowrun after putting together the engine and a ton of assets. Looks to me that they could make good money by pumping out more modules, both Dragonfall and HK were well received.

It was a combination of no-challenge combat (on hard), obligatory decking (still not fun) and a story that failed to hook me in - neither the foster father, crime bosses or brother are endearing or very interesting, and the big bad is just spat out 15 minutes before the finale because there has to be one.

The Russian and Japanese companions were the best thing about the game.

I was also expecting them to keep pumping out more modules.

Katphood

Katphood

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1944 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Having so much fun with Far Cry 2 on the PC. The only thing I miss from the PS3 version are...trophies. 

Also, who said that this game had 'corridor maps'?! 6 hours into my replay of the game and there has been already more than one occasion where I could drift away from the road and completely ditch a fully armed outpost. If anything, the map feel more natural compared to Far Cry 3+. Wish I hadn't sold my PS3 version of the game, I could go back and hunt a few more trophies. :(

I'll keep an eye out for a sale.   :-

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8736 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I expect HBS to get back to Shadowrun after Battletech. They still have a lot of content they can hit from the game.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7374 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I expect HBS to get back to Shadowrun after Battletech. They still have a lot of content they can hit from the game.

I don't see why they'd run back to Shadowrun immediately? At least one expansion is likely I think.

Katphood

Katphood

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1944 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Finished Halo CE Anniversary Edition. I had totally forgotten about the godawful driving sequence towards the end. Whoever designed that part is a masochist. 

Started Halo 2. Sure is nice to replay the game with updated graphics. Never played past Halo 2 so I am kind of excited for Halo 3 and Halo ODST. Not so sure about Halo 4 though. 

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8736 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer

I don't see why they'd run back to Shadowrun immediately? At least one expansion is likely I think.

Sure. I didn't say they would not stay with Battletech for awhile. But they are a pretty small studio, so I imagine they keep the bulk of their staff on one project at a time.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2770 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I'd still love an Obsidian Shadowrun game
  • Rosbjerg and Labadal like this

Sarex

Sarex

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1843 posts

I just finished watching an almost 9 hour long walkthrough of the new God of War. Solid 9/10 and I haven't even played the first 3.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11038 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Now that I've unlocked the ability to bring along two Guns For Hire, it's actually entertaining to walk around with them accompanying me because they banter back and forth with each other.

wolfrider100

wolfrider100

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Steam:wolfrider300

Just started a play through of The Technomancer (having played Mars War Logs and really enjoyed it). Doing a Rogue/Technomancer combat build. Speaking

of combat, combat in this game is a mixed bag, most days I been enjoying it, then other days I just want to pull my hair out from it starting to get on my nerves.

Also the main plot line is pretty good. it has got me wondering, if you/they will ever make contact with Earth. As to the side quests a few of them I have enjoyed,

the others are nothing really to wrote home about.. your standard fair, go here kill this or pick this up and bring it back type of thing. Companions (meat shields)

are just there to draw attention off you, so you can easily get a few hits in on your enemies when there back is turned. Phobos and Niesha are the companions

I use most, but I do switch them out with Amelia Reacher and Andrew so I can level them up too (Scott Seeker being rarely ever used).

Edited by wolfrider100, Yesterday, 08:52 PM.

• the_dog_days likes this

Katphood

Katphood

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1944 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Playing The Walking Dead Season 2 or as I like to call it 'people die after you meet them' simulator.

• Oner likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users