Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
683 replies to this topic

melkathi

melkathi

Teddy Bear Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3436 posts
  • Steam:melkathi
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

In Shadowrun Hong Kong, does changing to Easy affect the Matrix? I do not like the way they made it.

majestic

majestic

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

In Shadowrun Hong Kong, does changing to Easy affect the Matrix? I do not like the way they made it.

The combat's easier if you're caught. In most cases you can simply kill every security program on easy without repercussions.

• melkathi likes this

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3436 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I still have the sniffers zipping around as if someone had taken an old DOS game and forgot to adjust it to new processor power then? Meh.

marelooke

marelooke

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1094 posts
  • Steam:marelooke
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Just got finished with my annual Bethesda binge where I play 20 to 40 hours of a Bethesda game within a single week until I encounter a quest breaking but and give up. I spent about an hour trying to force the dang quest forward with console commands before I threw my hands up, deleted my save, and uninstalled.

Which quest was it?

The dungeon by Dawnstar. First a door wouldn't open so I toggled culision and walked through it. Then a scripted sequence bugged out and I tried to force the quest to the next stage and got stuck in a dialog. Finally, I gave up.

Do you have the unofficial patch installed? If not, you really should grab it (goes for *every* Bethesda ES/FO game btw). I can't recall having any game breaking issues once I installed that (well, not in Skyrim anyway)

• WDeranged likes this

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1192 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Just got finished with my annual Bethesda binge where I play 20 to 40 hours of a Bethesda game within a single week until I encounter a quest breaking but and give up. I spent about an hour trying to force the dang quest forward with console commands before I threw my hands up, deleted my save, and uninstalled.

Which quest was it?
The dungeon by Dawnstar. First a door wouldn't open so I toggled culision and walked through it. Then a scripted sequence bugged out and I tried to force the quest to the next stage and got stuck in a dialog. Finally, I gave up.

Do you have the unofficial patch installed? If not, you really should grab it (goes for *every* Bethesda ES/FO game btw). I can't recall having any game breaking issues once I installed that (well, not in Skyrim anyway)

I do. They're the first mods I grab for every Bethesda game.
  • marelooke likes this

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11306 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Ended up buying Vampyr.  I'm actually enjoying myself, although the combat encounters can get annoying because of how easily you run out of stamina/blood.

Also makes it really difficult trying to play as a "good" person since I'm missing out on so much XP from not feeding off all these NPCs.

• Bartimaeus likes this

majestic

majestic

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I still have the sniffers zipping around as if someone had taken an old DOS game and forgot to adjust it to new processor power then? Meh.

Yeah, no idae why they changed the Matrix to a real time stealth mini game. It's a stain on an otherwise good game in an interesting setting.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7536 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yeah well I liked the reworked Matrix, especially compared to the dull nothing that the original was, and there's nothing any of you can do about it! :p

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3436 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I just want to skip all of it :p

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3436 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

And I strongly dislike those timed puzzles. It's as if someone said: "We want to make a great RPG! What other RPG was truly great? Alpha Protocol! What was the worst thing one could copy from Alpha Protocol? Hacking!"

/end rant

(for now)

• marelooke likes this

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7536 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

.... I liked the hacking in Alpha Protocol.

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3436 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Did you play Kingdom of Amalur perchance and like the Dispel mini-game?

• Keyrock likes this

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7536 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I tried it. Was dispelling part of chest opening? I did hate that. :D

• IndiraLightfoot likes this

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3436 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

At least something :)

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 7514 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock
The dispel mini-game in KoA might be the worst thing ever programmed, even worse than the Conficker virus.
  • IndiraLightfoot and melkathi like this

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1192 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

The dispel mini-game in KoA might be the worst thing ever programmed, even worse than the Conficker virus.

Normally I don't mind QTE mini-games, but I concur. Next to the UI of Mass Effect Andromeda, the dispelling in KoA is the worst game design I've ever seen.

• IndiraLightfoot, Keyrock and melkathi like this

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5568 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

When I played Prey, using mouse and keyboard, I found the hideous hacking mini-game a pain in the crack.  Wiggling locks in F:NV and Skyrim felt like a cakewalk.

Still that dispel game was possibly worse.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot, 23 June 2018 - 08:07 AM.

• melkathi likes this

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3811 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer

After the chore to get through Sen's Fortress, I was able to kill Iron Golem and moved slowly to Anor Londo. I am dieing (how man writes that correctly in english O.o) a lot, I have probably very bad build and using mostly my Dragon Sword upgraded to +2 and sometimes my Pyromancy Fireball. Thankfully, I was able to find some rings hidden in Sen's Fortress, so it is little bit easier now. Unfortunately I am sometimes pretty clumsy and jump the wrong way and kill of myself on the narrow ledges everywhere in the game :D

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Dead Rising 4 still and started a new playthrough for Kotor 2 because I am in a Star Wars mood, lately, for whatever reason.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3302 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I'm starting to think I really suck in STO. It's taking me forever trying to grind out all these Gamma Recruit tasks and I die multiple times in like every space mission I queue for. I die a lot in the story missions too and I'm pretty sure those are supposed to be easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users