Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• Please log in to reply
626 replies to this topic

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2941 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Stellaris with the new DLC

• Oner and Skazz like this

majestic

majestic

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 773 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Shady's mobile auto corrected Deadfire into Yoga Fire. It's so awesome it stuck. xD

Man, that might be cheap as hell but boy do I enjoy liking my own post... sorta. :biggrin:

• TrueNeutral, melkathi and Skazz like this

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10492 posts

Maybe it's my imagination, but there seems to be a big "gap" in difficulty in Age of Empires II between Standard and Moderate difficulty. A single AI enemy wiped the floor with the two of us teaming up against it :blush:

Edit: We could take on two AI's on standard (we actually lost, but it was a closely contested fight, bastard AI had nicked all the relics, which is a winning condition)

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Steam:Ask!
Yeah, moderate and above, IIRC, is the "full" version of the AI - it doesn't become any smarter after that (anything harder just cheats and gets free resources), and it loves mass producing and micro-ing units like crazy, and it can be difficult to keep up with. I played the HD version a couple years ago, and I could beat two moderates at once, but it was utterly exhausting because of just the seemingly endless lengths the AI would go to constantly build more crap and make more units (at a speed not really possible by humans except perhaps the most micro-skilled, since the AI can control so many units and builders at once) to make stomping them out as annoying as possible.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 22 May 2018 - 05:46 PM.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10492 posts
Iirc you can freely pause the game in single player mode? While you can do that in multiplayer mode, we don't, rather just let the game run at fast speed and then take the punch on the nose it gives :)

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Steam:Ask!
Yeah, I think so. My strategy was pretty much always have a massive amount of horse archers on one of the handful of civs that get good ones (e.g. Huns, Mongolians, Persians, Saracens, Spanish, Turks) and just constantly issue "false"/half moves to avoid incoming projectiles while shooting in between and guarding ye' olde trebuchets. A hell of a lot of clicking, though.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 8942 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Finally finished main storyline of FFXV/PC. :lol:  The last fight I purposely delayed winning because the villain kept making me laugh every time I paused the game (faces, poses)...one had to be there, so to speak.

I could finally record the end-credits with my photos (on console it's always disallowed to ps4-record because of the song - pc, that doesn't apply, pfft). Familiar enough with the game and what it likes to choose, that the photos part came out almost perfect. Yay!

That was a fun 2.5 month ride. Haven't done a complete story playthru of it since July last year I think, plus PC edition/Ansel/sharing photos (I had a pic blog elsewhere) made it feel almost special again.  Now I can relax and do the post-game and rest of dlc (eg, a complete file) whenever/whatever. 

Still love this game. And Iggy is still bae.

• Agiel likes this

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4645 posts

Is this something. I mean i like those kinds of games, but not so much the AoE/Civ type.  More into Rome/Sins of a Solar Empire stuff, more battle and strategy orientated.

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1183 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Is this something. I mean i like those kinds of games, but not so much the AoE/Civ type.  More into Rome/Sins of a Solar Empire stuff, more battle and strategy orientated.

More on Sins of Solar Empire side, close to Master of Orion in some sense maybe?

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7424 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I also took the new Stellaris pack for a spin. Started with a group of 6 star systems with one exit that led directly to a 3 system Marauder Empire. Sitting there for a century or two researching tech so I can break out and go visit all the already explored systems and not achieve anything. :lol:

• ShadySands, Chilloutman, Skazz and 1 other like this

Skazz

Skazz

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I also took the new Stellaris pack for a spin. Started with a group of 6 star systems with one exit that led directly to a 3 system Marauder Empire. Sitting there for a century or two researching tech so I can break out and go visit all the already explored systems and not achieve anything. :lol:

It's a bit of an older thing, but out of curiosity: how do you feel about enforced hyperlane drives?

• ShadySands and Bartimaeus like this

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4645 posts

More on Sins of Solar Empire side, close to Master of Orion in some sense maybe?

mmm it's on sale but there are a lot of DLC, even a few of those will cost me the same as the base game. 

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1183 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

mmm it's on sale but there are a lot of DLC, even a few of those will cost me the same as the base game. 

True, not sure if they will ever stop with thme (I kinda hope for more diplomacy/infiltration and trade improvements before I buy more stuff, but I sure enojyed a lot with base game)

Edited by Chilloutman, 23 May 2018 - 11:38 AM.

Skazz

Skazz

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

If you want to get into Stellaris DLCs, you should definitely get Utopia and Apocalypse. The rest is far less essential.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2941 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

It's a bit of an older thing, but out of curiosity: how do you feel about enforced hyperlane drives?

I like it and I use my science ships to jump to destinations to bypass some chokepoints and other barriers until I actually get jump drives

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7312 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer

Wonder when we will get the chance to pay $30 for espionage.

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2143 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Glad that you fellas decided to talk about Stellaris and AoE, all that Yoga Fire talk was starting to make me feel jealous.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7424 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

The ability to reinforce chokepoints and defend your territory even if you don't want to invest into ships plus the general reliance on tactics (or patience I guess) to break through defenses is something I vastly prefer to the wack-a-mole nature of hyperdrives and wormholes.

Sure, I also regularly get screwed over - minimal territory when I want a wide empire and vast expanses of resource rich territory when the plan is to build tall, but I'm the kind of person who rolls with it.

• majestic, Malcador, Chilloutman and 1 other like this

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2549 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk

Dauntless Open Beta. Or I would be, if the servers hadn't died.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11071 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Detroit: Become Human very soon ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users