Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
683 replies to this topic

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3775 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
@Katphood. Assetto Corsa is even harder on controlers :) This game was specifically made for niche audience with steering wheels. And the developers are not shy about it. It's not just another "Real Driving Simulator" it really feels real :) Compared to everything I have tried so far.

Edited by Mamoulian War, 15 May 2018 - 02:02 AM.

• Katphood likes this

Lorfean

Lorfean

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Deadfire. I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far, but I don't have a lot of time to play (2-3 hours every evening) and feel I haven't really had enough time to properly get into it yet.

I finished Maje Island, which was fine as far as introductory locations go (though I liked PoE's Cilant Lîs / Gilded Vale better) and then set sail for Neketaka, with a few detours on the way. I love the sense of exploration in this game  and enjoy the ship management aspects, finding new crew, managing morale, etc. I haven't tried ship combat yet -- I did notice a few hostile ships on my way to Neketaka but chose to avoid them for now, figuring I would properly stock up in Neketaka.

The city itself is very impressive and feels a lot more lively than Defiance Bay -- once you leave the docks it almost feels overwhelming, which is how a big city  should feel. I picked up some quests and a few bounties and am preparing to head out again soon.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7775 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer

Back to Overwatch competitive, torturing myself listening to people who think they are witty or a lot of French people snarking at Americans for not understanding French for some reason.

• Oner likes this

Multihog

Multihog

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Steam:76561197986541538
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

The city itself is very impressive and feels a lot more lively than Defiance Bay -- once you leave the docks it almost feels overwhelming, which is how a big city  should feel.

Agreed! Defiance Bay was pretty dull, but this new city is something much, much better so far. 

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11278 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

It is really awesome but hard as **** simulation.

That got me curious, I will definitely check it out sometime in the future because no matter how hard it is, it will never be as hard as the Pocket Circuit races in Yakuza 0. :p 

I just noticed my laptop meets the minimum requirements for Deadfire, but not the recommended requirements.  Purchase or wait until I upgrade to a better PC?

Wait until Q4 2018 when it will be released on the PS4/Xbox One. That's what I am doing.

Meanwhile, I am flirting with the idea of buying PoE: Complete Edition for the PS4, I don't have the dlcs on Steam.

That's what I was thinking of doing.  I just got tempted when I saw my laptop met the minimum specs.  I didn't even think I'd meet those.

I still haven't bought the PS4 version of the original PoE because the price where I'm from never seems to drop below "full price", even after it's been out for awhile.

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2648 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I was looking forward to a sale as well but the game is still 49.99 on PSN. Come on, Sony! Give us a Flash Sale!

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3775 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
It's Paradox, it will take some more time to see bigger discounts.

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2648 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Speaking of which, in case any of you fellas ever wanted to try Agents of Mayhem, it's currently on sale(PSN-US) for less than 10 bucks.

I played it and thought it was good but also unfinished in many ways. Expect a whole lot of repetitive missions.

Edited by Katphood, 15 May 2018 - 11:12 PM.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9060 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm standing in front of the palace gate that will lead me to the final 3 fight sections of the main story in FFXV. Finally there! Probably just another 30 minutes or so of gameplay....of course, that means about 6-8 hours of actual time spent,  because every single fight takes me 1.5-3 hours of Ansel-ing.

So far, the first "new boss" was a great improvement/more fun. Not difficulty wise, but definitely more fun then the boring version that was there before.

I already played most of the revamped last Chapt. in post-game status, on console, but it plays quite differently (eg, it's better/feels more interesting) when you do it "naturally" via getting there as you would through the storyline, since there's a few scenes and atmosphere stuff that don't play/happen in post-game playing. Definitely a better experience than the initial release version, especially if you do one particular new side-quest first before going for the main-questline. I still think the overall enlargement of the Chapt. play-area is nothing special, but the story/atmosphere feels somewhat improved with the changes. At least, it's more epic.

Now if they'd only improve/expand the water-city and "train" chapters a bit, the whole game would be feel much better pacing wise (wishful thinking, they won't, at least not in main-game).

Edited by LadyCrimson, 16 May 2018 - 12:08 PM.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10612 posts

Back to Overwatch competitive, torturing myself listening to people who think they are witty or a lot of French people snarking at Americans for not understanding French for some reason.

I really tried to like Overwatch.... :(

Got no less than 4 good friends who play it several times a week. I just couldn't get interested in it.

Edit: When not playing Borderlands 2 and Age of Empires 2 (both in 3-4 people co-op sessions), then I enjoy The Witcher III and Master of Orion 2 :thumbsup:

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1754 posts
  • Steam:Ask!
I finally beat Terranigma. I started playing it in May of 2008 (I went back and checked...), so it only took me literally ten years to beat...with some long breaks and a couple of restarts in between. It's about time.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3832 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yoga Fire is very buggy and the romance manages to be cringier than Bioware's, I will wait to see if it improves but it doesn't seem to be shaping to be anything worth remembering.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10612 posts

I finally beat Terranigma. I started playing it in May of 2008 (I went back and checked...), so it only took me literally ten years to beat...with some long breaks and a couple of restarts in between. It's about time.

Sounds like me and Dragon Age Inquisition... Maybe in ten years time?
  • Bartimaeus likes this

Skazz

Skazz

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Sounds like me and Dragon Age Inquisition... Maybe in ten years time?

I know this really doesn't have to do anything with the topic at hand, and I apologize in advance, but... I can't stop staring at your avatar.

Edited by Skazz, 17 May 2018 - 08:04 AM.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I've reached Neketaka in Deadfire. I feel like this is one of the better cities in an rpg in a long time. It's really fun to explore. Combat is decent, graphics look good. I'm not a big fan of the voice acting for most people and I don't like any of the companions.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9332 posts

"Neketaka"

Nakimura

WDeranged

WDeranged

Ordinator of The Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1897 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hakuna Matata?

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Batata

Skazz

Skazz

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

You people aren't even trying anymore. :getlost:

majestic

majestic

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

You people aren't even trying anymore. :getlost:

It's hard being Eldar all the time. Even he has his limits.

Edited by majestic, 17 May 2018 - 01:23 PM.

• Skazz likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users