What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Me either, by the time I decide to buy a team based mp game, the veterans have memrorized every map, picked apart every detail and since mp games don't do matchmaking well anymore, in general, it's not very welcoming to a newcomer. Also I enjoy playing at my own pace, just doesn't seem possible with mp games at any rate.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Just got finished with my annual Bethesda binge where I play 20 to 40 hours of a Bethesda game within a single week until I encounter a quest breaking but and give up. I spent about an hour trying to force the dang quest forward with console commands before I threw my hands up, deleted my save, and uninstalled.

@SonicMage @Bartimaus

I totally agree and that is the main reason why I always loathe gamenets. I can recomment Red Orchestra 2. Even if you accidentally kill a team mate, they always keep cool. Actually, killing a friendly or getting killed by one is pretty common in that game because you know...war is hell!

And now I'm tempted to reinstall Red Orchestra 2, hope the playerbase is still the same.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Holy crap, the Xenonauts 2 combat demo looks and feels exactly how a Jagged Alliance 2 remake should be.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Just got finished with my annual Bethesda binge where I play 20 to 40 hours of a Bethesda game within a single week until I encounter a quest breaking but and give up. I spent about an hour trying to force the dang quest forward with console commands before I threw my hands up, deleted my save, and uninstalled.

Which quest was it?

About 13 hours into Hollow Knight and just LOVING it.  The different areas, the music within each area, the fun, fast combat, the rollout of abilities and charms and especially, beyond anything else, the exploration.  This game does the map system right in my opinion.  The idea of going into a new area blind and having to find the guy that sells you the map, but only a map that covers the layout of a portion of the area where you then need to explore the rest and then sit (rest) at a bench to fill the rest out.  It makes going into new areas intense, especially when you're carrying a lot of geo (currency).

I've seen quite a bit of frustration with this mechanic and the difficulty on the Nintendo Subreddit and I guess I have to ask myself what I was expecting lol but I feel the difficulty is pretty spot on so far.  I've taken done quite a few bosses and what I assume are optional bosses and I would say the difficulty is right where it needs to be.  Some bosses I can defeat on the first try with the latest boss I'm on having killed me five times so far, but I think I may go buy some more notches for my charms and explore some other areas before trying again, but that's all in the fun.  I haven't been bothered by deaths so far in this game because everyone has been my fault, not some cheap trick of the game and that makes it easier to try again and push on.  Can't wait to throw more time into this game.  Also, great title on a handheld for sure!

• Like 1

Holy crap, the Xenonauts 2 combat demo looks and feels exactly how a Jagged Alliance 2 remake should be.

I liked Xenonauts a lot, but after few days, the missions started to be littlr bit repetitive and tedious, but this sparkles my interest much more!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

About 13 hours into Hollow Knight and just LOVING it. The different areas, the music within each area, the fun, fast combat, the rollout of abilities and charms and especially, beyond anything else, the exploration. This game does the map system right in my opinion. The idea of going into a new area blind and having to find the guy that sells you the map, but only a map that covers the layout of a portion of the area where you then need to explore the rest and then sit (rest) at a bench to fill the rest out. It makes going into new areas intense, especially when you're carrying a lot of geo (currency).

I've seen quite a bit of frustration with this mechanic and the difficulty on the Nintendo Subreddit and I guess I have to ask myself what I was expecting lol but I feel the difficulty is pretty spot on so far. I've taken done quite a few bosses and what I assume are optional bosses and I would say the difficulty is right where it needs to be. Some bosses I can defeat on the first try with the latest boss I'm on having killed me five times so far, but I think I may go buy some more notches for my charms and explore some other areas before trying again, but that's all in the fun. I haven't been bothered by deaths so far in this game because everyone has been my fault, not some cheap trick of the game and that makes it easier to try again and push on. Can't wait to throw more time into this game. Also, great title on a handheld for sure!

Well I've never played a Castlevania game (except for the 3D ones - which were awesome!) or Super Metroid but the vast majority of retro metroidvania fans agree that Hollow Knight is the best Metroidvania game ever made.

The Dark Souls like combat is undoubtedly Dark Souls-ish - the developers even stated this. The map in Hollow Knight is the largest 2D hand crafted map in existence. It puts even the best proceedural generation to shame. Even veterans still get lost.

The OST... well I am just going to stop because I will probably just look like I'm biased but really, it's a game that deserves the hype but I have nothing to compare it to since I've never played a Metroidvania other than it.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Which quest was it?

The dungeon by Dawnstar. First a door wouldn't open so I toggled culision and walked through it. Then a scripted sequence bugged out and I tried to force the quest to the next stage and got stuck in a dialog. Finally, I gave up.

You know those FFXV chibi chr. models I was goofing off with? SE liked them a lot apparently.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/637650/announcements/detail/1694924880250725312

...but the thing is, I'm not sure what to make of this. They liked them a lot, but maybe still thought they were visually buggy/crap so they wanted to put out official, better looking, versions to represent? I mean, it's pretty cool and all but...

...does this mean if I (or anyone else) makes some gap-filled, bad textured shirtless Prompto/Noct/Ignis models, that are still subbed to a lot, will they finally put out official versions of such? They put Ignis' "hairdown" outfit due to popular demand. Gladio has his Official smexy shirtless outfit already. Be fair now, Square.

..... :biggrin:

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In Shadowrun Hong Kong, does changing to Easy affect the Matrix? I do not like the way they made it.

The combat's easier if you're caught. In most cases you can simply kill every security program on easy without repercussions.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Which quest was it?

The dungeon by Dawnstar. First a door wouldn't open so I toggled culision and walked through it. Then a scripted sequence bugged out and I tried to force the quest to the next stage and got stuck in a dialog. Finally, I gave up.

Do you have the unofficial patch installed? If not, you really should grab it (goes for *every* Bethesda ES/FO game btw). I can't recall having any game breaking issues once I installed that (well, not in Skyrim anyway)

• Like 1

Which quest was it?

Do you have the unofficial patch installed? If not, you really should grab it (goes for *every* Bethesda ES/FO game btw). I can't recall having any game breaking issues once I installed that (well, not in Skyrim anyway)

I do. They're the first mods I grab for every Bethesda game.

• Like 1

Ended up buying Vampyr.  I'm actually enjoying myself, although the combat encounters can get annoying because of how easily you run out of stamina/blood.

Also makes it really difficult trying to play as a "good" person since I'm missing out on so much XP from not feeding off all these NPCs.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I still have the sniffers zipping around as if someone had taken an old DOS game and forgot to adjust it to new processor power then? Meh.

Yeah, no idae why they changed the Matrix to a real time stealth mini game. It's a stain on an otherwise good game in an interesting setting.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

And I strongly dislike those timed puzzles. It's as if someone said: "We want to make a great RPG! What other RPG was truly great? Alpha Protocol! What was the worst thing one could copy from Alpha Protocol? Hacking!"

/end rant

(for now)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The dispel mini-game in KoA might be the worst thing ever programmed, even worse than the Conficker virus.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks