What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Played through the new Warframe update. Was about what I expected but I haven't boarded the hype train for Warframe in a loooong time so unlike a lot of others I wasn't disappointed ;)

Though it made me wonder what a good writer could do with the Warframe universe...

Ask sonicmage :p
I'm playing Dead Rising 4 tonight (courtesy of ShadySands)

I will try Warfare soon, since it's f2p.

Though it made me wonder what a good writer could do with the Warframe universe...

Been there, done that...

Https://youtu.be/munJ4ZH9SO8

It's simgle player story driven Warframe with hint of MDK :p

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Double post :facepalm:

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Now I'm planning to play The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final 

Cut sometime tonight. (I was given a Steam key for it from ShadySands.)

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I played the first one and I liked it. They changed a lot talents and stuff in 3 and Final Cut, sooo not very eager to play it despite having them all.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I played the first one and I liked it. They changed a lot talents and stuff in 3 and Final Cut, sooo not very eager to play it despite having them all.

I also enjoyed playing the first part but never got to play the second or third parts, so when I saw ShadySands was giving away the

Final Cut I thought why the heck not and asked for it. (I still love a lot of the games I own, even with there many problems and all.)

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Has anyone played Vampyr?  Is it anywhere close to Vampire: the Masquerade?

I have, and it's very similar in the sense that it's great story- and atmosphere-wise, but absolutely terrible when it comes to actual combat and gameplay. Ironically, I think it would have been be a much better game if they had kept the previous Life Is Strange interactive movie format, because the cutscenes (holy crap the soundtrack!) are really nice.

I had fun, but it's a very specific flavor of fun. If you like combat and character improvement, then I don't think you'll like it.

edit: grammar fix

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 2

I have, and it's very similar in the sense that it's great story- and atmosphere-wise, but absolutely when it comes to actual combat and gameplay. Ironically, I think it'd be a much better game if they kept the Life Is Strange interactive movie format, because the cutscenes (holy crap the soundtrack!) are really nice.

I had fun, but it's a very specific flavor of fun. If you like combat and character improvement, then I don't think you'll like it.

Is there any sort of choice and consequence?  I know it's not an RPG, but are there like quests or different ways you can do quests?  Or is it just a typical action game where you play through the story the developers want you to play through?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

^ There is plenty of choice, but unlike VtMB,  the endgame and the final boss is always the same. Nevertheless, there are four (iirc) endings with some changes depending on how much you kill and/or abstain from biting people.

The game world is split into four districts, each with a so-called pillar of community. Whenever one of these guys dies somehow, the district turns into a plague-ridden, monster-infested mess. This is doubly painful since every single NPC in every district is named and has an extensive backstory, Prey-style; if a district is lost, you can kiss all those unique NPCs goodbye. Without spoiling too much, the most impactful decisions usually involve these pillars of community, and not all of them are obvious, so that's a plus.

It's a weird game, really. Kind of very ambitious and very clunky at the same time, but I can't blame them for trying. I think the internet consensus is somewhere around 7 out of 10, which is fair imo.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 2

^ There is plenty of choice, but unlike VtMB,  the endgame and the final boss is always the same. Nevertheless, there are four (iirc) endings with some changes depending on how much you kill and/or abstain from biting people.

The game world is split into four districts, each with a so-called pillar of community. Whenever one of these guys dies somehow, the district turns into a plague-ridden, monster-infested mess. This is doubly painful since every single NPC in every district is named and has an extensive backstory, Prey-style; if a district is lost, you can kiss all those unique NPCs goodbye. Without spoiling too much, the most impactful decisions usually involve these pillars of community, and not all of them are obvious, so that's a plus.

It's a weird game, really. Kind of very ambitious and very clunky at the same time, but I can't blame them for trying. I think the internet consensus is somewhere around 7 out of 10, which is fair imo.

Thanks.  It sounds intriguing enough to pick up.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I started up Higurashi When They Cry. It's a horror VN that I'm going into almost blind. Kind of excited.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

New Chapter was just released on GOG in these days.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

No it isn't. It is enjoyable in its own but I dread to repeat it specially when its mostly walking around empty streets to the most depressing cello music ever conceived (the game does nail ambience and sound) Combat is effective but nothing to cry home about, the only good thing is that it is balanced so that you will have a very difficult time if you don't feed...the level cap is 40, don't ask me how I know.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Has anyone played Vampyr? Is it anywhere close to Vampire: the Masquerade?

No it isn't. It is enjoyable in its own but I dread to repeat it specially when its mostly walking around empty streets to the most depressing cello music ever conceived (the game does nail ambience and sound) Combat is effective but nothing to cry home about, the only good thing is that it is balanced so that you will have a very difficult time if you don't feed...the level cap is 40, don't ask me how I know.

I don't even need to ask. :p

I gave it a whirl when it came out. I thought the music was the best thing about it. Did not think much of the gameplay, main character, or world - I was really, really bored and annoyed for about the hour and a half I played it. I heard that it gets better the longer you're playing it, but much of the game seemed to be the antithesis of what I'd ideally want to be in a 3rd person action RPG to me (and still contained many of the problems I have with other 3rd person action games out there already), so I did not continue. Very disappointing.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Planet of the Eyes. It's a 2D platformer that basically only has atmosphere to really go for it, since the actual platforming and puzzle elements are pretty minimal and it plays itself most of the time. Pretty similar to INSIDE, actually, but probably less striking. It was pretty short (an hour), and it was basically okay. I like my platformers more Super Mario Bros. style, though, and this was not that - though I had already guessed that, I was in the mood for some kind of platformer.

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight. I played this a while back but never wrote about it (I don't think). A fun little 2D Metroidvania game that I thought was actually pretty good, and I usually don't care for Metroidvania games. I may try out the previous entries at some point.

Thanks to ShadySands for both.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Vampyr is more of a social game with bits of combat in between. The social bits are the best part of the game.

I differ; most of what you're doing is walking from place to place instances of combat. The dialogue is just getting to know people with an occasional quiz that either reveals a hint or locks you out of it forever. Socially you actually don't do much other than learn about the shallow and horrid lives of these bloodbags...still I admire a game that lets you kill your own mother.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ha.  Now I'm not sure whether to get it or not.  Even the "negative" reviews still mention things that seem somewhat appealing to me.

This decision would be a lot easier if it wasn't still full price.

If you're buying on Steam, there's always the two hour refund window. And...you can just go into offline mode where time doesn't accrue anyways (I THINK?) if you want to extend it a little beyond that to figure out an edge case.

Vampyr is more of a social game with bits of combat in between. The social bits are the best part of the game.

Yeah, exactly this. Which is why I said that turning it into a Life Is Strange type of experience would have  been better for the overall condition of the game.

This is further compounded by the fact that combat is an absolute slog. Getting from one part of the city to another can be a nightmare.

If you're buying on Steam, there's always the two hour refund window. And...you can just go into offline mode where time doesn't accrue anyways (I THINK?) if you want to extend it a little beyond that to figure out an edge case.

The problem about this is that, for Vampyr, the first two hours aren't really representative of the game as a whole. Yes, you can get a feel for the stiff combat system, but the tutorial is an extremely simplistic "go from point A to point B with nice music" thing, and the social aspect doesn't really kick in until the protagonist gets a nice suit. Which, admittedly, is a little further down the road.

Looking at the whole, I can't help but feel that the vision for the game must have changed somewhere along the way at least once. You have all those cool and unique ideas (Fully realized citizens! Treating diseases! Managing district health! Empowering yourself by devouring innocents with names and faces!) that don't really lead anywhere, and can be mostly ignored if you're persistent. For example: if you want to play a pacifist - one of the requirements for the best ending, mind - the entire relationship system instantly falls apart because it exists solely to provide you with better food. In other words, you're suddenly missing out on good two-thirds of the game mechanics.

It's a horribly uneven game, but I can't dislike it. I respect it for what it's trying to do, even if it's messy at times. Still, I can absolutely understand that it seems to polarize people so much. It's one of those titles that feels better to be watched than actually played through.

Edited by Skazz