What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Isn't the Xbox One pretty much the consensus worst console this generation, due to having so few exclusives? At least the Switch and PS4 have some.

But doesn't it have backwards compatibility with older titles, while the PS4 has not? Don't really remember the details here, but it's one of the things that would make me rather buy an Xbone. For example, just to be able to play Red Dead Redemption in pretty.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Isn't the Xbox One pretty much the consensus worst console this generation, due to having so few exclusives? At least the Switch and PS4 have some.

But doesn't it have backwards compatibility with older titles, while the PS4 has not? Don't really remember the details here, but it's one of the things that would make me rather buy an Xbone. For example, just to be able to play Red Dead Redemption in pretty.

Sort of. It doesn't have native backwards compatibility, rather Microsoft sift through their back catalogue and manually port selected titles to the Xbone. With "proof of purchase", i.e. the 360 disc or your account, you can download the ported version free.

Sony also manually port their back catalogue, but it's tied to a subscription service, owning the game previously gives you nothing.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

If PS4 games are not the most appealing to you, I think you should rather go for Switch. Almost everything what is on Xbone, is also on PS4, with exception of Forza and Gears of War games, to name a few. Switch at least have games, which can't be played anywhere else.

The only downside is, that you can't back up your saves, without online subscription.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Didn't count Forza as an exclusive because it's playable on PC, but yeah, that cross-platform purchase thing is cool. On the other hand, it removes incentive to buy an Xbone. I can't see a practical way to mount a steering wheel in the living room anyway.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I can't believe someone is willing to buy hardware which require you to pay for playing online...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Can't remember the last time I needed to play online on a console. Might have been Mario Kart 8 when it launched. And I'd probably have done it once or twice ever.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Wolfenstein II

It's still one of the better FPS games out there. The shooting is nice, the cinematics are great and it runs at a sweet 60fps on the base PS4. I also like the perk system, it enciurages different playstyles and rewards the player adequetly.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Just a shame it feels so very short unless you love all the repeating content and searching for hidden stuff, which I personally find boring and uninteresting.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It's cool, don't mind the game being short. For old farts like myself, that is actually a good thing. :)

The season pass is one helluva rip-off though. 50 bucks for a total of 6 hours of rehashed levels? You gotta be kidding me...

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Finished off DX:MD, rather surprised I got the good ending, I guess my fails in stealth and then gunning everyone down helped in the end.  Was a pretty fun game, the ending is fairly open but was expecting stuff to be a lot more incomplete than it actually was.  Well worth the $8 I paid for it :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished off DX:MD, rather surprised I got the good ending, I guess my fails in stealth and then gunning everyone down helped in the end.  Was a pretty fun game, the ending is fairly open but was expecting stuff to be a lot more incomplete than it actually was.  Well worth the $8 I paid for it :lol:

Well in light of Human Revolution one wishes that there was at least one other quest hub that was drastically different from Prague, and not just going through it at three different times of the day.

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

decided to take a trip down nostalgia lane... picked up baldur's gate 1 & 2 EE a few days ago. played the originals quite a bit, though just don't remember it. well, never did the expansions till now either... just finished that fight with that demon aec'letec in ulgoth's beard. took me twenty or so tries, but finally managed to kill him without that cheese insta-perma-death AoE spell taking any of my party members out. that basically deprived me of my desire to finish playing the series, at all. i'm on the final chapter of BG:EE, and i've just no desire to keep playing. all because of that one single cheese grater boss... to me, it honestly felt like he was cheating the entire time, which basically destroys the experience for me.

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

Hm. You didn't have a level 7 priest that could cast Death Ward?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Hm. You didn't have a level 7 priest that could cast Death Ward?

deathward is ineffective against alec's (that's my new name for him, as i'm sure he'd hate it) death magic. that was the very first thing i tried. dispel was just as ineffective as he's level 12, my priests were level 8, and 9. 

i have to say that annoyed me a great deal, filling those spell slots with dethwards... only to see my warded tanks still explode after 30 seconds and turn into ghouls.

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

Yeah, I see that, his "Death Gaze" ability uses the "Replace Creature" effect, so it's not a normal death effect. However, it does provide a save vs. death with no penalty, which isn't too bad. I can't really remember ever having much trouble with that fight, so I'm not sure what to tell you.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Well in light of Human Revolution one wishes that there was at least one other quest hub that was drastically different from Prague, and not just going through it at three different times of the day.

I enjoyed seeing Prague progress as the story did as well, even if creeping around the cops to get in and out of my apartment several times was tedious.  But true, it would have been nice to roam around London or more of Golem City. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, I see that, his "Death Gaze" ability uses the "Replace Creature" effect, so it's not a normal death effect. However, it does provide a save vs. death with no penalty, which isn't too bad. I can't really remember ever having much trouble with that fight, so I'm not sure what to tell you.

it took me something like 20 tries, or there abouts to kill the sob without a companion or two being perma killed. what kept happening is either, a: someone's mirrored eyes potion would expire and then they'd get zapped before i could use a potion on em or even pause... or b: my archers or mage would get tagged from across the room (which as far as i could tell shouldn't be possible as the range is supposed to be somewhat restricted, like the basilisk's). took me about a day and a half to just get lucky with this... 

Edited by Casper
  • Like 1

XCOM2 is free on PSN this month.  I need to download it since I never did pick it up when it was first released.

I can't imagine playing it again without the mod that removes timers. It was so frustrating to lose your entire team because you had to rush against it. I especially can't imagine any of the DLC boss fights that randomly pop up in missions. I had to save scum to not get completely wiped by those guys without a timer.

I would have thrown controllers, probably.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing Hollow Knight on the Switch and loving it.  Runs 60 fps smooth and has minimal load times.  Have only spent a couple hours with the game on pc knowing I was waiting for the switch version and glad I did.  Loving it right now and understanding all the praise.

VY6nleU.jpg

Edited by SadExchange

Must resist... urge... buy... argh.

Switch or Hollow Knight? I've already caved on the latter, and caving in on the former is just a matter of time. ... Which is the point where I'll fail to not re-buy the latter again.