What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

I was able to kill two more bosses in Dark Souls.

Chaos Witch Queelag the was at start little bit challenging. One of her moves was destroying me. I was trying to hit her most of the time from behind so on first 5 or 6 tries I have always missed her animation, when she performed the move, but I was able after few more tries to defeat her.

I tried to go deeper, but the Ceaseless Discharge has completely destroyed me, so I rather moved to other places.

The second boss was Moonlight Butterfly. Much easier fight, I have just been taken by surprise on first attempt, but he went down on the next.

I feel still rusty, so I have lost probably more than 40k souls during my ventures up and down.

I hope that I will not need to make another step to Blighttown for the next few months. I really hate that part of the game. Most of my deaths met me in that part of the game.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Not that I've had any time to play it, but the wife and I have played about an hour of Penumbra Overture over the past couple of weeks.  I used to worry about studying all the time, but the wife has needed a little time to relax from live events lately and so I figure I can eek out a little time.  Hopefully a little more soon.  Not too bad, but I put it on easy so that we could focus on the story more than the terrible mechanics.  A great Lovecraftian game.

χαίρετε

Played some Mordheim with my chaos warband. First battle went amazingly well. My Marauder nearly got beaten up, but as some of my lot have mutations that let them outrun a skaven, they whizzed around the battlefield and helped out where needed.

Second fight... scattered deployment for both sides. The undead's Cryptfiend deployed in charge range from my leader. Leader down. Then Possessed down (shouldn't have run him over to help). Then it chased down the mutant who had tried to run away. I have never been so soundly beaten before. And on normal difficulty mission to boot.

Luckily everyone got a Full Recovery.

Third mission went well again.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I never go for scattered deployement :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Nearing the end of DX:MD,  last 2 side missions I did have no solid ending, found some cop was bent and a shoe on him and found out some guy didn't kill his wife.  Is pretty fun though as a stealth game so far, even if the AI's behaviour isn't the best (but exploitable as a tactic)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not that I've had any time to play it, but the wife and I have played about an hour of Penumbra Overture over the past couple of weeks. I used to worry about studying all the time, but the wife has needed a little time to relax from live events lately and so I figure I can eek out a little time. Hopefully a little more soon. Not too bad, but I put it on easy so that we could focus on the story more than the terrible mechanics. A great Lovecraftian game.

In a weird way, I thought that Penumbra's wonky mechanics worked in the game's favor. It made combat extremely difficult and frantic and you're supposed to feel helpless and panicked. Play Penumbra Black Death after, it's superior to Overture IMHO and they really mind**** you in it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Root Double is so long winded. Someone was paid by the word for writing this thing. There's some good ideas in here, but also so much time wasting crap. Overly long buildup, repeating scenes it already showed you, exposition of their made up metaphysics. Like over half of the game is going through a scene, to then come back and show you what was REALLY going on.

I've taken to skipping through a bunch of it and I'm not really losing anything for doing that.

I also think I'm done with The Surge. It's a well made game, better than I expected, but it's not scratching any itch. I guess if I had to pin it down, it's just that it feels like I'm wandering around the game world lost. There's no memorable moments to be found.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"Combat" really, it's meant to discourage you from even trying to fight. Running is more time effective and less stressful. :p

I actually thought combat was OP in Penumbra, if anything (in the one that I played anyways, which I think is the first one). Once you land a hit, you could just stunlock enemies. So...the only hit that really matters is the first one. I don't think you're meant to screw around with that enough to figure that out, though. Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It had to be Overture, they removed the comat in Black Death, though you could still kill some enemies by luring them into an environmental trap, though that took some serious patience.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ahh, well found out who the killer in DX:MD was. That was a neat surprise, although I didn't unlock the elegant path - I guess I need CASIE for that.  Taking her out by spamming gas grenades was pretty funny as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Completed VtMB. That ending was so much speed up, much more than I remember, shame, Santa Monica is best part. Still love it

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Planning on playing Divinity Original Sin 2 in co-op with a friend of my mine that is far far away! So Hyped for it!  :dancing:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Completed VtMB. That ending was so much speed up, much more than I remember, shame, Santa Monica is best part. Still love it

The Lacuna Coil song in the credits is great though.

Also, I agree that the Santa Monica feels best for whatever reason. Somewhat embarrassingly, it's also the only part I kind of dread replaying because

it has the Ocean House Hotel quest. The thing may not have aged well, but it still makes me feel anxious. The part where you turn around and THERE'S A GUY WITH AN AXE STANDING RIGHT BEHIND YOU scared the living daylights out of me the first time I played through.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 3

You can tell they were running out of cash. Santa Monica they still wanted to add so much to the game. The more the game progresses the less good it becomes.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Right now I'm playing the Steam is doing its service downtime and thus I can't play FFXV since that last game update appears to have replaced Offline play ability with an endless loading screen (SE programming ineptness, I assume).

With a side of "#1 reason why I hate always-online singleplayer gaming/services no matter how convenient it may appear."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Isn't the Xbox One pretty much the consensus worst console this generation, due to having so few exclusives? At least the Switch and PS4 have some.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Still thinking of getting an XBon3 or maybe a Switch.

Get the Switch. I steal my sons all the time, it is great. (I paid for it!)

The Xbone just doesnt seem to have any edge over a decent pc. I would rather upgrade my rig than spend money on it.

• Like 1

Did you play it with the Clan Quest Mod?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Steam machines weren't really a console as much as specialized prebuilt PCs. Wii U works, though - the fact that it's difficult to even remember that it existed is a pretty bad sign in of itself.

I totally forgot Steam Machines were a thing, huh.

I bought my Switch back in April. I've used it for maybe two hours so far. I don't regret it as such, I'd have bought it anyway once its library got bigger, but it might have been too early in hindsight.

As for PS4 vs Xbone, when I last did a comparison I scored it at 1-1 on two relatively minor points. The PS4 has one exclusive that I'd sorta like to try in HZD, and the Xbone (S) does 4K Blu-ray. Yes, I read though the exclusives list for both consoles and found a combined total of one that was potentially appealing. Obviously neither factor would have been too important as I ended up buying neither.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G