What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Finished Yoga Fire. Loved the setting, the looks, the music and the questing. Much better than the first one.

About 15 hours into Deadfire... it's boring the hell out of me to be honest.

Not enough press X for awesome in the game? :)

• Like 5

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I have mixed feelings about Deadfire. It's a good game for me, but there are some aspects that I don't like. I'll post impressions when I beat it. Hopefully, I will manage that this month.

I won't replay it until all the DLC is out after my first run.

I loved Deadfire. Waiting for DLC to do my third run.

Playing LOTRO with the new minor update. Been playing for 9 years and I still have a lot of old deeds that still need to be checked off.

IDK, there seems to be a lot meandering and bounty quests. BTW i'm off to Ukaizo how far from the end am I?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I loved Deadfire. Waiting for DLC to do my third run.

Playing LOTRO with the new minor update. Been playing for 9 years and I still have a lot of old deeds that still need to be checked off.

I may hold off til more patches and dlc gets released. I did the $65 pledge which was for the game ad the dlc's.

Finished Yoga Fire. Loved the setting, the looks, the music and the questing. Much better than the first one.

About 15 hours into Deadfire... it's boring the hell out of me to be honest.

Not enough press X for awesome in the game? :)

Sonething like that! Lol

Doesn't seem challenging enough so far.

I usually like my rpg's to go slow, quite opposite of my Lego games. However, this doesn't seem to be an issue with controls or user interface, more one of difficulty and lack of interactivity which I feel was better done with the first Pillars. So far pacing is also an issue, I may be wrong but it seems that I'm going quickly through the main quest without even rushing it.

I might say that Kingdoms Of Amular was a bit too much press X-ish. If only it had put a bit more into story, though it certainly wasn't lacking in interactivity on any level.

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen still remains yet to be dethroned on my rpg list... I've played so many of them - from Chrono Trigger to Saturday Morning TV Rpg. It's possibly the most balanced rpg I've ever played, plus I love the old-school graphics and choice it presented players with.

I've probably said it too many times in this section but I'll say it again l, I really wanted Obsidian to taje notes from Failbetter Games on the ship/crew mechanics and navalway combat. Sunless Sea was a game I loved because you spend much of your time reading the dialogue thriugh rpg but when you're not doing that the game goes to realtime ship vs cthulhu combat... but we got something much less. Sunless Sea is a funky rpg from the devs who main mobile games so I suppose that separates it from something more casual like Deadfire. It's practically a pirate sim though.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Honestly, about an hour or so

Ok, then I stand by my review. Content was thin, bounties were boring, sidequests and factions minute and the romance was cringier than a group of BW writers locked in a room trying to make small talk.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I joined the dark side and gave WoW a try. The starter pack is free after all. Through perseverance, I made it to level 7 before I gave ip. I was bored mindless and regretted the 30+ gb download. At least it didn't cost me any money ;)

edit: still, it's better than Black Desert Online which I tried when they had a free weekend. Spend triple the time on the character designer than I did in-game, only making it to level 2 before uninstalling.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Beyond Two Souls really needed to re-think their decisions for which buttons/sticks to use for the QTE.  Half the time, it doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I might say that Kingdoms Of Amular was a bit too much press X-ish.

Man, that game had so many side-quests it almost made me feel sick! The ending had to be the worst part of the game though. I feel like going back to that game aomeday, I never got to play any of the dlcs.

Yeah.

I think I'll take the safe route since it's my first playthrough.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. Save for a few points that can be either skipped or cheesed with traps KOTOR is a fairly easy game. Click on this once you left Taris and reached the next destination, it's just a tip and only a spoiler until you did so:

Once you're a Jedi do yourself the favor of getting at least one offensive force power even if you're playing fully light side. If you don't and your character's kind of messed up the end might be very long, boring slog.

Thanks, bro. I'll bookmark that.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

In the "most recent purchase" thread I mentioned buying Rimworld back in April and that I hadn't gotten around to it. Well, one thing led to another and eight hours later....

That said, the Phoebe Chillax storyteller on the second notch is a little quiet, might experiment a bit with the settings to get something that's still easy but more eventful.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I joined the dark side and gave WoW a try. The starter pack is free after all. Through perseverance, I made it to level 7 before I gave ip. I was bored mindless and regretted the 30+ gb download. At least it didn't cost me any money ;)

edit: still, it's better than Black Desert Online which I tried when they had a free weekend. Spend triple the time on the character designer than I did in-game, only making it to level 2 before uninstalling.

I'm not surprised, really. The second 'M' in MMORPG doesn't mean much anymore (and the last three were canned ages ago in WoW's case). When I started playing WoW I was just hanging around questing with others within a few hours and I didn't exactly look for it (I'm well to asocial to just hook up with randoms). Nowadays starter zones are mostly empty, quests are boringly easy and streamlined to a fault and getting to the level cap is a solo-affair that you just get over with as fast as possible so you can participate in the "end-game" rather than something to be enjoyed in itself.

If you're not into raiding or competitive PvP then WoW, I feel, has very little to offer anymore.

Kungen (a rather (in)famous player from the Ensidia guild, a top tier guild from the "old" WoW days) has a pretty good video about why MMOs (and WoW in particular) are pretty terrible nowadays. (He also complained about current day WoW being pathetically easy, which he demonstrated by, having not played WoW for many many expansions (think he quit in Cataclysm or so), ripping through the "hardest" content in a matter of weeks)

Like Kungen when I started playing (not in vanilla, but in TBC in my case), I didn't even know about raiding, I pretty much just wanted an RPG that would never end. I got dragged into dungeons by my guild leader, ended up loving the hell out of it and got invited to my first (real) raid fight by someone I met while I was doing dungeons when I was levelling up, they were short a few people and I'd shown to be somewhat competent (the boss was The Lurker Below in Serpentshrine Caverns, if anyone cares). After that I started trying to get into a raid guild, ended up in one of the top tier guilds on my realm that was just getting started and the rest is history.

I don't necessarily agree with all of his points. I can see his point about BDO providing play time and it did seem to have interesting mechanics, but I disagree about the game being any good, it's just another boring Asian P2W grindfest from where I stand (also doesn't have any form of community building like old WoW had). If he'd used EVE as an example I'd have been on board though ;)

But like him I ended up quitting WoW once I noticed there really wasn't anything in the game anymore outside of raiding and the raids, at that time (Cataclysm), weren't particularly fun. I gave it another go last year, but nothing's really changed.

Edited by marelooke

WoW always was pretty easy, though.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Vampyr is fairly moody and atmospheric, slow opening which is a little odd in its ways. Or rather, it drops you into the awakening and basic combat intro, runs you through half an hour of that, then suddenly steps back into actually having choice and consequences and not having to kill everything. You then get story stuff unfolds as everyone you talk to has their own secrets and hidden aspects.

Potentially interesting mechanic on the whole you can kill anyone for their blood, but it will have effects and quests will go missing, etc etc.

Slightly weird that the vampires have to kill to drink blood, they can't just take a few sips and leave people alive.

Also, personal annoyance is that its an autosave slot thing.  So if you do want to test the reactivity, you'll have to do everything from the beginning again.

(Well, unless you start copying out the save file and making your own backups outside of the game....)

• Like 5

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

@marelooke

I stopped playing MMORPG's, when the first M has completely lost it's meaning. I loved vanilla WoW because it was Massive in every aspect after the release. From low level zones to 40-man raids. After it got slowly nerfed to mostly solo-play game in WotLK, I lost all interest and cancelled subscription, even though I had purchased Cataclysm, but never installed it.

I really do not see a reason to play solo grindy RPGs and pay monthly subscription. 80% of the content in WoW, when I've played it was "produced" by our guild and our arch-enemies. I've played on Kungen's server and raided with him few times. He might not be the nicest person, but he was hell of a raid leader. I have never heard him say a word, everything in raid was coordinated with his chat macros.

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm not surprised, really. The second 'M' in MMORPG doesn't mean much anymore (and the last three were canned ages ago in WoW's case). When I started playing WoW I was just hanging around questing with others within a few hours and I didn't exactly look for it (I'm well to asocial to just hook up with randoms). Nowadays starter zones are mostly empty, quests are boringly easy and streamlined to a fault and getting to the level cap is a solo-affair that you just get over with as fast as possible so you can participate in the "end-game" rather than something to be enjoyed in itself.

If you're not into raiding or competitive PvP then WoW, I feel, has very little to offer anymore.

Kungen (a rather (in)famous player from the Ensidia guild, a top tier guild from the "old" WoW days) has a pretty good video about why MMOs (and WoW in particular) are pretty terrible nowadays. (He also complained about current day WoW being pathetically easy, which he demonstrated by, having not played WoW for many many expansions (think he quit in Cataclysm or so), ripping through the "hardest" content in a matter of weeks)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MNFWhCw8dg

Like Kungen when I started playing (not in vanilla, but in TBC in my case), I didn't even know about raiding, I pretty much just wanted an RPG that would never end. I got dragged into dungeons by my guild leader, ended up loving the hell out of it and got invited to my first (real) raid fight by someone I met while I was doing dungeons when I was levelling up, they were short a few people and I'd shown to be somewhat competent (the boss was The Lurker Below in Serpentshrine Caverns, if anyone cares). After that I started trying to get into a raid guild, ended up in one of the top tier guilds on my realm that was just getting started and the rest is history.

I don't necessarily agree with all of his points. I can see his point about BDO providing play time and it did seem to have interesting mechanics, but I disagree about the game being any good, it's just another boring Asian P2W grindfest from where I stand (also doesn't have any form of community building like old WoW had). If he'd used EVE as an example I'd have been on board though ;)

But like him I ended up quitting WoW once I noticed there really wasn't anything in the game anymore outside of raiding and the raids, at that time (Cataclysm), weren't particularly fun. I gave it another go last year, but nothing's really changed.

This seems misaimed, since level 7 is like 15 minutes of playtime and it wouldn't have been that different in vanilla. I know, since I got bored and left at level 19 back then and didn't give the game another try until Wrath. If you don't have friends along, WoW will always have a terrible and boring first experience.

I haven't leveled since they changed the leveling curve a few months ago, supposedly it's more difficult now, but the last toon I leveled made it to level 5 in 5 minutes without any xp enhancing heirlooms and it was a starting zone I hadn't done before (Goblin), so I was actually being conservative with that estimate. >_> And the game is super handholdy and railroaded up to level 20, you can't really make any mistakes. Just talking to the first NPC in most starting zones gets you 3/4 to level 2.

still waiting for patch..

So meanwhile...since I have my hand full nowdays...

Been jumping and playing a little bit of that and this..

So mostly ' Endless space 2' and a couple more of strategy games...like 'Imagine earth' and ' Northgard' . Help alot since you have to click for next turn...which is useful..right now  :yes:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

WoW always was pretty easy, though.

But muh Classic was haadkoah! Yeah, not really. It was just slow. Which is what Kungen liked about it apparently. Well, it wasn't even that slow when compared to the other MMOs out at the time. Getting to max level in Everquest took longer than it took to clear all WoW content in Classic...

The evolution of WoW is pretty interesting. From really easy endgame that just took ages to do for design reasons - and Blizzard's inexperience in designing bosses that actually worked - to actually hard content that can be cleared in a short time.

Try LOTRO. It's the only MMO I've ever played that was as much about journey as the destination. The starter and low level areas always have people running around questing and rping in them.. at least on the larger servers. Try Landroval or Brandywine

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Try LOTRO. It's the only MMO I've ever played that was as much about journey as the destination. The starter and low level areas always have people running around questing and rping in them.. at least on the larger servers. Try Landroval or Brandywine

I will, if or when I feel like playing an MMO again. It's not going to be a for a while though, I guess.

I'm kinda happy that no MMO was ever able to hold me for longer than 3 weeks max. Saved lots of money due to this.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."