What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Stick to swords, don't spend points on Wisdom until you are sure about your 'second class', got it.

Is this your first playthrough? I don't know how much I can spoil safely about the second class.

There's one extremely counter-intuitive "pro tip" for building characters in KotOR 1: in general, it's a bad idea to overlevel the main character on Taris (for most people, that'd be going above level 5 or 6 or so) because the second class is superior to the first one in all respects *and* you have a level cap of 20 to struggle against. But if that's your first run, feel free to ignore this tip and play however you like.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1

does not wisdom affects armor class or evasion or whatever for force users? Didn't played it for ages...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I got the Vulkar sniper rifle in Warframe and hot diggity I freakin' love this gun.  Like any sniper rifle, it is super garbage at close range, but that's what I have a sidearm and a melee weapon for.  Small magazine, as expected, but the rate of fire isn't as slow as I imagined and the damage output is tremendous. At max magnification the headshot damage bonus means 1 shot kills on pretty much anyone (headshot bonus is higher on higher scope magnification).

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

What the heck is Warframe and why am I just hearing about it?

It's a MMO-ish third-person action game where you play a space ninja.  It's sort of like Destiny, except it's f2p and it has way more content, on account of being out much longer.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Found out that there is a limited character pool for recruits in Cultist Simulator. So the 4 disciples I lost hurt a lot more now. And even the pawns are a shame. Good thing I like using hirelings for everything.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

It's a f2p third-person action rpg. It can be played solo or co-op. It's fun as hell for killing some time and you really don't need to spend a dime on it. It was developed by Digital Extremes, the same people who made Dark Sector and The Darkness II.

Is this your first playthrough? I don't know how much I can spoil safely about the second class.

Yeah.

I think I'll take the safe route since it's my first playthrough.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

It's a f2p third-person action rpg. It can be played solo or co-op. It's fun as hell for killing some time and you really don't need to spend a dime on it. It was developed by Digital Extremes, the same people who made Dark Sector and The Darkness II.

The Darkness 2? Well darn, I never realized.

You forgot two kinda known (and I like to think, relevant) games they co-developed though: Unreal and Unreal Tournament. So Warframe's gunplay is kinda on point, as you would sort of expect knowing that.

• Like 1

Finally finished God Eater Resurrection. Looks like the game had two expanded rereleases at some point because the campaign had two expansions on it I had to get through. Nothing to rave about, but somehow I still enjoyed it.

And it was free when buying God Eater 2 Rage Burst, that I am going to play now.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I picked up Beyond Two Souls for free on PSN.  Just a couple of "chapters" in; hasn't pulled me in as much as Detroit Become Human did early on.  Maybe it picks up.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still working through DX:MD.  Did the mission to sneak into the bank, interesting to see the viable approaches (wish I got remote hacking) luckily I cheesed it via the cloak.  Seems weird to be running around a city in daylight in a DX game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still working through DX:MD.  Did the mission to sneak into the bank, interesting to see the viable approaches (wish I got remote hacking) luckily I cheesed it via the cloak.  Seems weird to be running around a city in daylight in a DX game.

Wait until you get to

Golem City

You'll start to miss Prague. :p

Also, have you been to the sewers? There's some stuff to do there, too.

Edited by Skazz

I hated the Prague at day setting. Reminded me too much of Half-Life² all the time. In general I thought the game was just dragging on and kinda meh... until I came to nightlife Prague, which was awesome. Completely changed my mind about the game suddenly.. until I've hit the stupid ending, but that's another story.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah.

I think I'll take the safe route since it's my first playthrough.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. Save for a few points that can be either skipped or cheesed with traps KOTOR is a fairly easy game. Click on this once you left Taris and reached the next destination, it's just a tip and only a spoiler until you did so:

Once you're a Jedi do yourself the favor of getting at least one offensive force power even if you're playing fully light side. If you don't and your character's kind of messed up the end might be very long, boring slog.

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I'm doing a slow meander on Deadfire at the moment, although with Vampyr coming out tomorrow I'm thinking of taking a pause on Deadfire and waiting for the DLCs to be out.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Been playing Deadfire and... I like it, quite a lot. Far better in almost all respects than PoE1 was already.

That's basically my thoughts on it.

PoE 1 was... alright.

But PoE 2? Pretty damn good.

Edited by Gritino

About 15 hours into Deadfire... it's boring the hell out of me to be honest.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...