What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

^ Thanks for the heads up.  By the way, how do you mod your archwing?  Am I missing a segment on my ship?  I can't seem to do it from the Arsenal.

It should be an option if you click the "Select Mode" button in the bottom right. I think you only need a Segment to be able to use Archwing in the Plains of Eidolon (and then you still need to build the Gear items to be able to call it down).

Bah. Cult is going downhill. I can't keep Passion up. Lost one cannibal Disciple trying to procure artifacts. Another failed to assassinate my boss. Now I need luck and cash to get more Passion, and then I need to recruit new believers, capture victims to sacrifice for them to feast on and become disciples.

I'm starting to see why you were the first person that came to my mind when I saw that game in my suggestions on Steam... ;)

• Like 1

That is because I was making a living as an artist for a while, using my mystery and notoriety to sell paintings of the otherworldly dreams. But I was drawing too much attention. Luckily the third bombing attempt finally killed the first investigator, and some hired muscle took out the second. Now this new guy has to go. He is erratic and unpredictable.

Now I keep a low profile, but as I see people still think of me...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to mod my Archwing, marelooke.  I may have never figured that out on my own, it's not exactly intuitive...  It's Not Exactly Intuitive should be the title of the Warframe documentary they make sometime in the future.  :p  I did a couple Gift of the Lotus missions last night.  I got an Orokin Reactor blueprint (that makes 3 now) from one of them and a Forma from the other.  Now I'm back to grinding for plastids on Phobos.  I've leveled up my current set enough that once I get enough plastids I'll go back to Jupiter to push on and unlock the next area.  My current long term goal is to unlock Sedna so that I can get the component blueprints for the Saryn warframe which I already have a blueprint for.  I have several more sectors to work through to get there, so that's a ways off.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And my 4th Cult went the way of terrible RNG.

Everything was going great and the game decided to randomly spam Dread, then to make other timers refresh and last longer so I couldn't counter it.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Murdering civilians is fun in DX:MD, nice touch as they reach at you before lifelessly falling to the ground.  Wonder if icing the cultist dude in the courtyard will come back to bite me

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

5th Cult has started. Got 4 believers and 2 pawns real fast. Also not making some mistakes I had been doing last time. Steady income... not as high as the previous character, but steady.

I hired a shifty lady and she destroyed the first tentative evidence against me. That should keep me safe for a while.

• Like 2

Investigator went into investigation spam. The game has some problems like that. Last playthrough it was the dread spawning non-stop. This time it was the investigator starting investigations within 30 seconds of the previous one ending.

She arrested one of my pawns and took out the hired muscle I finally managed to send after her. *sigh*

At least the cult is growing like crazy.

• Like 1

More Detroit: Become Human.

Well, it turns out while you have the choice to *not* get away in "A Stormy Night", I wouldn't recommend it since you basically end one character's entire storyline.  I had to go back and replay that chapter when I realized I'd missed like 3 or 4 of that character's future chapters because of my decision.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The investigator finally is dead. After she arrested something like 3 pawn and 2 believers. And survived two bombing attempts, half a dozen stabbings, and made disappear half a dozen hirelings send to steal her file on me; lured her into an ambush and had my first disciple Victor grab her. Threw her in the dungeon and then used her corpse for the rite to promote the next believer.

I had tried just talking to her, but she wouldn't walk away.

New investigator showed up, but we haven't moved against him yet.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

The investigator finally is dead. After she arrested something like 3 pawn and 2 believers. And survived two bombing attempts, half a dozen stabbings, and made disappear half a dozen hirelings send to steal her file on me; lured her into an ambush and had my first disciple Victor grab her. Threw her in the dungeon and then used her corpse for the rite to promote the next believer.

Just so you know, I'm taking notes for my real world cult.

• Like 4

was her name "rasputin" by any chance

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

After years of trying to install KotoR on steam to no avail, I am finally able to play the game on my Xbone X...in 4K! :dance:

It was added to Xbox Game Pass yesterday along with 3 other Star Wars games: Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga, The Force Unleashed I & II.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

After years of trying to install KotoR on steam to no avail, I am finally able to play the game on my Xbone X...in 4K! :dance:

It was added to Xbox Game Pass yesterday along with 3 other Star Wars games: Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga, The Force Unleashed I & II.

You can play Kotor on PC but you have to go into the config file and turn off the movies, so most of the fancier cut scenes don't play.

I tried that among many other solutions but the game just crashes to the desktop...either that or the mouse doesn't respond properly. I never bothered checking out the GOG version.

Random Star Wars games on Steam lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Thanks to Melk, I started a cult as well. So far I have no idea what I'm doing. I just lost my first acolyte, and I'm pretty miserable in my job. I may be in need of spiritual guidance.

The no spoiler advise:

Research one of the three attributes (strength, reason, passion) and check what you can do researching the result.

The first character has a terrible start.

Find a better job. You want to make 2 Funds per 90 seconds so you can get ahead of the 60 second expenditure upkeep.

I found it's not worth sending out believers or disciples to do stuff unless you are desperate. Their chance of failure is just too great. I mostly use them for Expeditions.

KotOR.

Man, the writing in this game is so fine. For instance, take the opening sequence after your pod crashes: Carth explains everything you need to know about your current situation in the shortest amount of time. The dialogue isn't complicated by any means, but it is fully understandable and coherent. This is something I miss in todays games.

On the other hand you have a game like PoE: you kill a dragon, steal her 'spark' for some would be adventurer in defiance bay, durance suddenly engages in a overly complicated rant about the dragon, her spark and the god hammer(which is complicated enough on its own) only to tell you that 'he doesn't feel like talking about it' and ending the conversation.

Spent some 50 hours playing PoE but I don't think I'll ever finish my current playthrough. I guess I'll just jump straight to PoE II once it's out on the PS4. People kept comparing it to Arcanum so it is worth giving a shot for that reason alone. Though I still don't know what to make out of 'HUNT A GOD!!!!'

:lol:

Not sure if Carth is a good example, since that game would often prompt you "Carth seems like he wants to talk to you" only for him to go "I don't want to talk about it, leave me alone." :lol:

But yeah I prefer that to jumping through hoops like with Durance and his arbitrary "now you need to rest before you can talk to me more" time limits.

• Like 2

I tried that among many other solutions but the game just crashes to the desktop...either that or the mouse doesn't respond properly. I never bothered checking out the GOG version.

The GOG versions worked for me without any issues. Then again I never had any problems with KOTOR at all, except for the weird bug that some dialogues would suddenly fast forward, which a reload of an earlier usually fixed. Caused me to rund around spamming quick save all the time.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I have an AMD 7770 gpu so maybe there are some compatibility issues.

Played some more KotOR, persuading people ain't that easy. I've already spent 3 points on persuasion but I couldn't persuade the doctor to tell me more about the escape pods. Also, is it wise to spend points on Wisdom if you are playing as a scout? I am not sure whether I should use blasters or swords either. Can I/should I invest in both of them or do I have to choose? I figured a 'scout' probably deals with guns and ranged weapons the most but there is also close quarter combat...

I am playing a real rpg after quite a while, I am scared! :s

There's a 99% chance that you'll drop guns once you leave Taris and get your second class, so don't worry about guns on your main character too much.

Wisdom is mostly useful for Jedi characters, and even then it's largely a Consular stat because it's responsible for Force powers getting through saves. IIRC, it doesn't do anything spectacular on mundane classes, so you can safely ignore it there.

I don't remember any recommended values for Persuasion, though. :(

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1