What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Played a game of Cultist Simulator (from the guy who did Sunless Sea).

The writing is OK. But it is a lot of very small snippets and doesn't really create a story. So the first game just ended up trying to figure out what item can go in what slot to hopefully get what icon to match in another slot.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Just finished my first play through of Detroit Become Human.  Gonna play through again to see what happens with the different choices.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition on the PS4.

I enjoyed the hell out of the first game and Darksiders II starts where the first game left off. I enjoy how it retains the spirit of the first game both in gameplay and presentation.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Finding all the altnernate routes was serious fun, though they were often more time consuming or dangerous than the "normal" route (I mean, climbing out of the reactor room with the Gloo gun was definitely slower/harder/deadlier than just repairing the elevator... ;))

Oh yea, that was a pain. On the other hand, it was that room where I found that when you use the power to eliminate PSI abilities from Technopaths, their turrets do indeed all drop. I also found that when you shoot said Technopaths with a GLOO gun while they're defenseless, they're going to freeze and fall down to their deaths. That was a fun discovery.

I mainly found out they have a longer range on their powers than the player does. I also found out that having the Gloo you stand on being shot out from under you is...not good ;)

I started my first playthrough of Prey some time ago and decided to go for the 'Human' path. I eventually gave up after 15 hours or so because I couldn't find material for recycling anymore and the enemies got significantly stronger.

By human I mean "human neuromonds only" not "no neuromods" ("No Needles"), just so that is clear ;)

I can't really remember having much problems with resource management, exploiting the weaknesses of the enemies helps a load with resource conservation though. And some of them just aren't worth fighting (especially early on) if you can just skip them (like the Weaver in the GUTS). I also don't think I ever bothered killing the big guy in my human only playthrough, just not worth the ammo (only drops alien material anyway, which you don't really need anyway), hiding for 3 minutes each time does get annoying though.

Resource conservation tip: the foam crossbow is great against Cystoids, certainly never waste bullets on them, use the Gloo gun if you don't have the crossbow (or don't have it on you). Also: stun gun, upgrade asap.

That said, I finished my alien only playthrough and I actually got a better ending than last time...

This is mostly due to a bug: when you use the stun gun to "free" mind controlled humans you don't get a perfect score in the ending. If you use the alien power to do the same you do even though the result of both is basically the same (human is freed from mind control and is saved)

That leaves five achievements to be had ("No Needles", "Awkward Ride Home" and "I and It" being the major ones, then there's "Escape Velocity" and "Mimic Massacre" left as well). Awkward Ride home seems really interesting (and evil) to pull off, though given my inability to be that kind of cruel, even in a videogame, I'm not quite sure I should even attempt it (I also think it implies "I and It")...

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Resource conservation tip: the foam crossbow is great against Cystoids, certainly never waste bullets on them, use the Gloo gun if you don't have the crossbow (or don't have it on you). Also: stun gun, upgrade asap.

They actually react to all movement, so just throwing a random piece of junk in their general direction will set them off. While it works a lot better in microgravity, it'll save your butt (and ammo) on the station as well.
  • Like 3

They actually react to all movement, so just throwing a random piece of junk in their general direction will set them off. While it works a lot better in microgravity, it'll save your butt (and ammo) on the station as well.

Exactly, I probably should have mentioned that. But given that the crossbow is only really useful in very very few situations using it for Cystoids is a very viable tactic (then again, just throwing junk allows you to just not bring the crossbow along, freeing up inventory space).

Exactly, I probably should have mentioned that. But given that the crossbow is only really useful in very very few situations using it for Cystoids is a very viable tactic (then again, just throwing junk allows you to just not bring the crossbow along, freeing up inventory space).

Nonsense, of course you bring the crossbow. How else would you squeak your opponents into all those carefully staged environmental hazards just for something to go horribly wrong and kill you instead!?
  • Like 1

Nonsense, of course you bring the crossbow. How else would you squeak your opponents into all those carefully staged environmental hazards just for something to go horribly wrong and kill you instead!?

By throwing objects?  :brows: 

Still playing a bunch of Warframe.  I recently went through the Jupiter junction on Ceres, which entailed fighting the Valkyr specter.  On my first few attempts I got my ass handed to me, mostly because I was trying to take her down using my weapons and her damage output with weapons was far superior to mine.  The closest I came to winning with that faulty strategy was getting in close and going to town with my giant Fragor hammer.  I managed to stunlock her for a while because of the extremely high impact value of the weapon, but as soon as she broke out of stunlock I was done for.  Then I remembered I had powers and that specters are affected by them like anyone else.  So I just used my Hydroid warframe's tidal surge ability to get right up next to her in an instant, then used undertow to suck her down beneath the surface of the water puddle I became and I kicked back and relaxed while she drowned.  Since then I've gone through a bit of Jupiter, but I'm taking a break from pushing onward to level up some new gear, namely the Oberon warframe.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Still playing a bunch of Warframe.  I recently went through the Jupiter junction on Ceres, which entailed fighting the Valkyr specter.  On my first few attempts I got my ass handed to me, mostly because I was trying to take her down using my weapons and her damage output with weapons was far superior to mine.  The closest I came to winning with that faulty strategy was getting in close and going to town with my giant Fragor hammer.  I managed to stunlock her for a while because of the extremely high impact value of the weapon, but as soon as she broke out of stunlock I was done for.  Then I remembered I had powers and that specters are affected by them like anyone else.  So I just used my Hydroid warframe's tidal surge ability to get right up next to her in an instant, then used undertow to suck her down beneath the surface of the water puddle I became and I kicked back and relaxed while she drowned.  Since then I've gone through a bit of Jupiter, but I'm taking a break from pushing onward to level up some new gear, namely the Oberon warframe.

Well damn, that sounded like fun so I went back there with basically whatever I had equipped: Gara, Hek, Lato and Dual Kamas. Guess they buffed these Specters as I remember basically one shotting all of them from across the room when they released the junction system so I was kind of expecting to do the same (DE doesn't go back to old systems all that often and if they do it's usually a full rework...).

4 shots of the Hek from the other side of the room took off (only) half her health, then she went into Hysteria which was a weeee little bit of a problem as Gara doesn't really have much in the way of offensive abilities (you can use her 1 to explode her 4 but that didn't seem to harm the Specter). So I kind of just trapped her with mirrors (which unfortunately seemed to break her AI as after that she sort of just stood there) until Hysteria ran out. Then one close up shot of the Hek sorted that out.

I daresay I was pleasantly surprised (and slightly scared once she went into Hysteria which makes her pretty much invulnerable...). Time to go run through all of those Junctions again. Maybe with just an Excalibur, Braton Mk1, Lato and Skana (= the original starter weaponry, though I might grab a regular Braton over the Mk1, or just primed versions of it all as the differences with regular gear isn't that big and I at least have those properly modded)...

I wonder if a long range precision rifle would have made a difference (thinking Latron series here). I mean, the Hek has pretty insane range, but it's still a shotgun... Hmm...

I love these war stories, they reignite some of the passion from when I was levelling and give me some goals to aim for (that aren't just ranking up the next weapon or frame...)

• Like 1

Playing Syberia and I'm planning to play the sequel.

You poor bastard.  I still need to play 3, bought it. 

DX:MD's download is 32 gigs, ugh.  Better be worth the time I need to spend downloading it. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

@marelooke - What Mastery Rank are you?  I'm just about to hit MR5, so I'm still firmly a n00b.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

While I wait patiently for Vampyr to hopefully release on June 5, I'm going to start Deus Ex: Human

Revolution and then move on to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, when I finally finish the first one game.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Playing Syberia and I'm planning to play the sequel.

You poor bastard.  I still need to play 3, bought it. 

DX:MD's download is 32 gigs, ugh.  Better be worth the time I need to spend downloading it. :p

Are they that bad?

No, the first two games are great, especially if you are looking for a proper steampunk setting. It's the third game that ended being mediocre.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

First cult in Cultist Simulator kinda wasn't going anywhere. Eventually my character decided this whole cult business wasn't all that and settled for the day job.

Second character had a folder on the cult activity of the previous. They destroyed the information and lost their job. They struggled to get by with physical labour, got sick and died without ever even coming up with an idea for a cult.

Third character was living the life thanks to their stipend from dad. They were approached by someone. Agreed to something. Were too slow in getting the cult going and could not provide the sacrifice they had promised to deliver. They were sacrificed instead.

Fourth cultist is doing better. Not necessarily their followers. One hanger-on disappeared trying to make evidence disappear. One hireling the same. Three hirelings disappeared trying to assassinate investigators. One hanger-on got arrested. One followers and one hireling each vanished trying to procure items for the cult.

That leaves me with four followers.

One of those performed the second rite, finding out our Cult seems to be cannibals, as he ritually feasted on one of the investigators.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

@marelooke - What Mastery Rank are you?  I'm just about to hit MR5, so I'm still firmly a n00b.

I'm MR24 at the moment. I've been playing since not too long into open beta (started on 14 December 2013, only reason I know that is because it came up in a forum argument very recently ;)). Not that MR means that much anymore, if you throw enough money at it you can pretty much buy your way to high Mastery Ranks pretty quickly. One of the downsides of the trade system combined with the Void changes. :)

I'm not exactly an expert in all parts Warframe though, after the Void changes and the introduction of Riven mods I've not really kept up with the changes as much and I mostly stick to the game modes I enjoy most, those being mobile endless modes like Survival and Excavation. That said feel free to shoot any questions you might have my way and I'll try to answer as best I can as I've at least dabbled in most things that require a coordinated group (aka: I know zilch about the now removed Trials or fighting Eidolon).

As an aside I'm not sure if you play mostly solo or not (I played solo for a quite some time when I started out) but public games give quite a bit more affinity due to affinity being shared among the team as long as people stay in affinity range of each other (there's an icon that tells you in affinity range of how many other players you are)

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

^ Thanks, marelooke.  I play mostly solo.  I don't have any particular questions right now, but I'm sure I will in the future.  Right now I'm grinding the Jackal boss fight on Fossa trying to get all the component blueprints for the Rhino warframe.  The chassis must be the most common drop, since I've gotten that 7 or 8 times already, and I've gotten the neuroptics twice, but the damn systems are refusing to drop.  :banghead:

Edit: w00t!  I just got the systems blueprint to drop, now I have everything I need to build the Rhino warfram.  It will be the next one I level once I max out Oberon.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Unmotivated to actually quest or anything but occasionally fire up XV, take random pictures of Ignis the boy band and giggle at Cheat Engine shenanigans. Lvl 100 sabertusks, haha. Umbra is still the best Guest npc!

Waiting for reskin/model swap editor, which is now announced for June 7th. Sounds like it may still be limited at first but still, should be better than nothing. As long as I can do more than make everyone a giant walking cactuar. >.>

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

^ Thanks, marelooke.  I play mostly solo.  I don't have any particular questions right now, but I'm sure I will in the future.  Right now I'm grinding the Jackal boss fight on Fossa trying to get all the component blueprints for the Rhino warframe.  The chassis must be the most common drop, since I've gotten that 7 or 8 times already, and I've gotten the neuroptics twice, but the damn systems are refusing to drop.  :banghead:

Edit: w00t!  I just got the systems blueprint to drop, now I have everything I need to build the Rhino warfram.  It will be the next one I level once I max out Oberon.

Btw, there's a "Gift of the Lotus" alert up now, you really want to do the Orokin Reactor (or was it a Catalyst?) one at least as you can normally only get these with Platinum (40p for one I think). It's a Mobile Defense mission on Venus, should be fairly doable to solo and if not that going public shouldn't be much of an issue either. These alerts tend to run for 24h after a Devstream fwiw and pretty much always give either an Orokin Catalyst (aka "blue potato") or an Orokin Reactor (aka "gold potato") which double the mod capacity of either a weapon or a Warframe/Sentinel/Kavat/Kubrow, respectively.

On another note: I tried that Valkyr specter a few more times, with a Latron Wraith I could indeed blap it before it went into Hysteria (or did much of anything, really), with my Excalibur loadout I managed to shoot it to an inch of its life and then just blinded it until it became vulnerable again so I could finish it off. Powers didn't do much to it when in Hysteria though, so I guess its either murdering it before it goes into Hysteria, making sure it can't, like with your Hydroid tactic, or surviving until Hysteria runs out.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

^ Thanks for the heads up.  By the way, how do you mod your archwing?  Am I missing a segment on my ship?  I can't seem to do it from the Arsenal.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Bah. Cult is going downhill. I can't keep Passion up. Lost one cannibal Disciple trying to procure artifacts. Another failed to assassinate my boss. Now I need luck and cash to get more Passion, and then I need to recruit new believers, capture victims to sacrifice for them to feast on and become disciples.