What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Yoga Fire = Deadfire

When did that start? and why?  :blink:

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah its on my mind too.  Far too many days spent in the arcades with it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Shady's mobile auto corrected Deadfire into Yoga Fire. It's so awesome it stuck. xD

Man, that might be cheap as hell but boy do I enjoy liking my own post... sorta. :biggrin:

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Maybe it's my imagination, but there seems to be a big "gap" in difficulty in Age of Empires II between Standard and Moderate difficulty. A single AI enemy wiped the floor with the two of us teaming up against it :blush:

Edit: We could take on two AI's on standard (we actually lost, but it was a closely contested fight, bastard AI had nicked all the relics, which is a winning condition)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, moderate and above, IIRC, is the "full" version of the AI - it doesn't become any smarter after that (anything harder just cheats and gets free resources), and it loves mass producing and micro-ing units like crazy, and it can be difficult to keep up with. I played the HD version a couple years ago, and I could beat two moderates at once, but it was utterly exhausting because of just the seemingly endless lengths the AI would go to constantly build more crap and make more units (at a speed not really possible by humans except perhaps the most micro-skilled, since the AI can control so many units and builders at once) to make stomping them out as annoying as possible.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Iirc you can freely pause the game in single player mode? While you can do that in multiplayer mode, we don't, rather just let the game run at fast speed and then take the punch on the nose it gives :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, I think so. My strategy was pretty much always have a massive amount of horse archers on one of the handful of civs that get good ones (e.g. Huns, Mongolians, Persians, Saracens, Spanish, Turks) and just constantly issue "false"/half moves to avoid incoming projectiles while shooting in between and guarding ye' olde trebuchets. A hell of a lot of clicking, though.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Finally finished main storyline of FFXV/PC. :lol:  The last fight I purposely delayed winning because the villain kept making me laugh every time I paused the game (faces, poses)...one had to be there, so to speak.

I could finally record the end-credits with my photos (on console it's always disallowed to ps4-record because of the song - pc, that doesn't apply, pfft). Familiar enough with the game and what it likes to choose, that the photos part came out almost perfect. Yay!

That was a fun 2.5 month ride. Haven't done a complete story playthru of it since July last year I think, plus PC edition/Ansel/sharing photos (I had a pic blog elsewhere) made it feel almost special again.  Now I can relax and do the post-game and rest of dlc (eg, a complete file) whenever/whatever. 

Still love this game. And Iggy is still bae.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Stellaris with the new DLC

Is this something. I mean i like those kinds of games, but not so much the AoE/Civ type.  More into Rome/Sins of a Solar Empire stuff, more battle and strategy orientated.

More on Sins of Solar Empire side, close to Master of Orion in some sense maybe?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I also took the new Stellaris pack for a spin. Started with a group of 6 star systems with one exit that led directly to a 3 system Marauder Empire. Sitting there for a century or two researching tech so I can break out and go visit all the already explored systems and not achieve anything. :lol:

• Like 4

I also took the new Stellaris pack for a spin. Started with a group of 6 star systems with one exit that led directly to a 3 system Marauder Empire. Sitting there for a century or two researching tech so I can break out and go visit all the already explored systems and not achieve anything. :lol:

It's a bit of an older thing, but out of curiosity: how do you feel about enforced hyperlane drives?

• Like 2

Is this something. I mean i like those kinds of games, but not so much the AoE/Civ type.  More into Rome/Sins of a Solar Empire stuff, more battle and strategy orientated.

More on Sins of Solar Empire side, close to Master of Orion in some sense maybe?

mmm it's on sale but there are a lot of DLC, even a few of those will cost me the same as the base game. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

mmm it's on sale but there are a lot of DLC, even a few of those will cost me the same as the base game. 

True, not sure if they will ever stop with thme (I kinda hope for more diplomacy/infiltration and trade improvements before I buy more stuff, but I sure enojyed a lot with base game)

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

It's a bit of an older thing, but out of curiosity: how do you feel about enforced hyperlane drives?

I like it and I use my science ships to jump to destinations to bypass some chokepoints and other barriers until I actually get jump drives

Free games updated 3/4/21

Wonder when we will get the chance to pay $30 for espionage.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The ability to reinforce chokepoints and defend your territory even if you don't want to invest into ships plus the general reliance on tactics (or patience I guess) to break through defenses is something I vastly prefer to the wack-a-mole nature of hyperdrives and wormholes.

Sure, I also regularly get screwed over - minimal territory when I want a wide empire and vast expanses of resource rich territory when the plan is to build tall, but I'm the kind of person who rolls with it.

• Like 4