What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

I finally beat Terranigma. I started playing it in May of 2008 (I went back and checked...), so it only took me literally ten years to beat...with some long breaks and a couple of restarts in between. It's about time.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Yoga Fire is very buggy and the romance manages to be cringier than Bioware's, I will wait to see if it improves but it doesn't seem to be shaping to be anything worth remembering.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I finally beat Terranigma. I started playing it in May of 2008 (I went back and checked...), so it only took me literally ten years to beat...with some long breaks and a couple of restarts in between. It's about time.

Sounds like me and Dragon Age Inquisition... Maybe in ten years time?

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sounds like me and Dragon Age Inquisition... Maybe in ten years time?

I know this really doesn't have to do anything with the topic at hand, and I apologize in advance, but... I can't stop staring at your avatar.

Edited by Skazz

I've reached Neketaka in Deadfire. I feel like this is one of the better cities in an rpg in a long time. It's really fun to explore. Combat is decent, graphics look good. I'm not a big fan of the voice acting for most people and I don't like any of the companions.

You people aren't even trying anymore. :getlost:

It's hard being Eldar all the time. Even he has his limits.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

lol...State of Decay 2 is getting destroyed by critics. If I weren't a collector I would've sold my Xbox One X, but I am keeping it for the sole reason of being able to play Sunset Overdrive and Rare Replay Value anytime I want. 

It does hurt that I don't have a PS4 Pro though, gotta upgrade sooner or later.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Yoga Fire is very buggy and the romance manages to be cringier than Bioware's, I will wait to see if it improves but it doesn't seem to be shaping to be anything worth remembering.

Buggy, you say?  I'm shocked.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Buggy, you say?  I'm shocked.

...than usual.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Just bought Lords of the Fallen (game of the year edition) on Steam for $4.79, while it's still on sale since I always wanted to try it, this has piqued my interest from

what I seen of gameplay videos of it on Youtube.  Ah finally time to enjoy myself with this game for a couple of hours (at least hope the main story is somewhat good).

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 1

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

So, Deadfire. It's an Obsidian RPG. Obsidian RPG is precisely what I pledged my money for, so I'm entirely satisfied. The game is a sequel in the sequelest sense of the word - it's a bigger and better version of PoE 1, improving upon it in a whole bunch of ways, but at the same time not having the 'wow' effect the original did on me. Which is entirely to be expected and I'm having a great time sailing Deadfire Isles, so ... That's all good, right?

And, to have something to counter a slow-paced RPG, I've given Bayonetta a second shot. The game has finally clicked with me and now I'm having a blast playing it. I still think it's a little bit overly complex for its own good, but it turns out there are many ways in which you can tweak its mechanics and very much build up your own playstyle, so that's awesome.

Since I like lists.. here's another one.

https://www.tomshardware.com/picturestory/834-best-rpgs-of-all-time-community-picks.html

I'm only posting it here because they (like me) consider Stalker to be an RPG. Take that, non-believers!

Edit: This was supposed to be in the news thread, but it ended up here and I'm too lazy to move it.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Thrones of Britannia, playing as Mierce I have just wrestled control of Northern England from Northymbre(Danelaw) and forced their armies to retreat into Scotland, I'm still on friendly terms with West Seaxe in the south after arranging numerous marriages between our royal families, but I don't know how long the peace will last.

R4xcJnD.jpg

verbeeg.gif

I'm trying to play through PoE1 right now, but... I think this game is just so boring. It has become much better since its release years ago. Combat plays better and putting it on a SSD dramatically decreases the loading times and all that, but despite these two big issues that caused me to cease playing back in the days, the game still just can't keep me motivated. Started with the White March now, but again... I just don't have the drive to go on, primarily - I guess - because of the setting.

Yoga Fire is a whole different beast. Despite its plenty flaws, I'm really digging it a lot. The setting, the visuals, the way everything works... I seem to be able to relate much better to it.

I'm thinking, maybe it's because "generic" fantasy setting isn't much my cup of tea, which is what PoE2 makes different. There is more guns, more fancy clothes, ships, cannons, etc... as I've already wrote a while ago, it somehow gives me that Arcanum vibe, while PoE1 does not at all. I'm guessing this has a huge influence on me and how I perceive the franchise.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yoga fire?  Romances? Street Fighter II Dhalsim dating sim or something?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yoga Fire = Deadfire

I finished my first playthrough of Yoga Fire the other day and now I'm torn on what to play next. I want to hold off on a second playthrough until some more patches and maybe some DLC comes out. Not that I really had any bugs that I noticed when I played but just in case.

I haven't played LOTRO much since Battletech came out so maybe I'll get back into that or maybe I'll get back to making my Battletech mod

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Reinstalled BG2EE, and a bunch of mods via the Big World Setup mod manager. That's a super handly tool: it has a database of nearly every BG2 mod in existence, and you just choose from a list what you want. It'll automatically download the mods, install them, and solve any conflicts. 

I've yet to finish PoE2, but I find the writing of PoE2 pretty boring—I'm exploring Neketaka right now, so there's a lot of it—so I started yet another BG2 run. Never gets old. I'll keep alternating between PoE2 and BG2.

Edited by Multihog