What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

I think I'm about to wrap up my PoE2 playthrough. 42 hours in and most bounties and quests done + it feels like the endgame is nigh. The game does have some quests that seem quite complicated and allow for multiple choices, but here is the thing: It's not just the combat that is easy, but also all dialog checks? Maybe I'm min-maxing too hard, no idea... but due to this, my choices don't really feel as if I've managed something big.

Here is an example:

In Neketaka, making peace between Valera and Bardatto family was really easy. I went to the one family, did some quests, had some diplomatic checks, then went to the other family, did some quests, had some diplomatic checks. Then everyone is meeting, I pick my lines carefully, have two or three more diplomatic checks and done. Peace.

After that you hear or see nothing of it anymore in the rest of the game and I'm pretty sure I could have managed that even without doing any quests for either faction.

To put that in perspective with Vault City and Gecko in Fallout 2... making this work is actually hard. You can't just go to the bosses, power through some tiny dialog checks and done. You need hard facts, you need the appropriately skilled character for it, you can easily **** it up. But once done, you feel like you did something meaningful.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

My new favourite game is Borderlands 2....

Killed a few raid bosses with my friends.

Got a level 72 Siren that I'm trying to get to OP1

A level 58 Commando that I'm trying to get the hang of

A level 52 Psycho which is my absolute favourite so far.

Have you tried Mechromancer? The game gets positively insane if you play an Anarchy build and hit high numbers on its stacks.

My new favourite game is Borderlands 2....

Killed a few raid bosses with my friends.

Got a level 72 Siren that I'm trying to get to OP1

A level 58 Commando that I'm trying to get the hang of

A level 52 Psycho which is my absolute favourite so far.

Have you tried Mechromancer? The game gets positively insane if you play an Anarchy build and hit high numbers on its stacks.

Level 52 Gaige.... currently maxed out in the BFF skill tree, so not quite maxed out yet in Anarchy. But I love it. Especially with the 'Close Enough' and 'The N'th Degree' skills (yet to get 5 skill points in the latter, so not feeling its full effect)

"Accuracy is overrated anyway"

We started on 'Tiny Tina's assault on Dragons Reach'. Bunkers and Badasses indeed. It's like watching some of those old and funny cartoons of very bad D&D sessions :lol:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Total War: Warhammer 2 and Shogun 2.

Also, PoE 2 and BG2EE.  

Thinking of starting yet another Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 playthrough. That never gets old. 

Edited by Multihog
  • Like 2

Still waiting for Norsca patch for TW: Warhammer 2

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

OK, so I have been playing Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 for a while now and the first few hours seemed very good, bordering on great, and I kept wondering to myself why this game got such middling review scores.

After a few hours of playing I understood it completely. The world is great, the presentation top notch, the fire fights and sniping are naturally quite good (although enemies spawn in when you get close to the levels they are in and not when you can reach then through your binoculars, which irks me a little) and even the quests/writing seems OK (more the quests than the dialogue actually..). So what's the problem?

This game plays a lot like Stalker. You have your world, things happen and you shoot yourself out of situations. But in Stalker you feel progression. It's an absolute blast to find a new weapon (even more so if it's modded or unique) and feel yourself become more accurate, more deadly and more powerful. In Sniper I find a new weapon and.. nothing. I get the same results whether I'm using the starting weapon or the fourth sniper rifle I've bought from the list in my home base.

I bought a light armor. No difference (maybe one more bullet before I died?).

I invested in some skills (Sniper has very light skill trees). Great, now I have an extra slot of health (one more bullet before I die again?).

This game has really put into light how absolutely freaking awesome the Stalker series is, and how difficult it must be to balance such a thing to both make it challenging for the player AND give the player that feeling of progression and getting better. Sniper fails completely in this regard. In fact, even though the rest of the game is good/great, I fear continuing knowing that the actual gameplay will never really change. I will not shoot farther, I will not aim better, I will not change my playstyle the further I go. I will do exactly the same thing from beginning to end in this game.

Maybe I'm still too early in to have a valid opinion (around 20-25% completed), but right now it's hovering on 5/10 or some such.

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Finally went ahead and bought myself a 4K TV. My budget didn't allow me to go for an OLED TV because the cheapest variant costed twice as much as the one I bought. It was basically the cheapest 4K/HDR tv I could find.

is the one I think. 
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Just finished Yoga Fire. Took me 46 hours according to Steam.... Played Battletech for 74 hours and Hunt: Showdown for 85 hours... in the past 1 1/2 months? I really should get back to doing something useful....

Liked PoE2 quite a lot because of the setting, etc. It does have a lot of unused potential, though. I'm recognizing all the usual modern-day rpg quest mechanics in it as well, especially Obsidians footprint. No matter the writing, in its core it does somehow always feel kinda same-y, but "normal people" (unfamiliar with at least a bit of game quest design) probably wouldn't notice it, I guess.

It's waaaay too easy. Thing is, just cranking up the difficulty wouldn't be the right thing to do either. It'll just make all combat tedious again... it's a really though topic, to be honest. I want some challenges... sometimes... and other times I just want to steamroll stuff.

Anyway, I'm too tired to write more right now. Gotta hit the bed.

• Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

After almost a year, I have attended my first online race on Nurburgring GP GT track (25 laps). In Assetto Corsa. It is really awesome but hard as **** simulation. After 2 hours of training I was able to get time on par with second half of the grid, but completely ****ed up the Qualification, because I forgot to set up Fuel, so I ran the Quali with full tank, and the other racers with 10 or so liters :p I ended up on 8th place of 14 racers.

The start was awesome, and I have gone for 5th place without problems, buuut after two laps I did my first mistake, and lost the 5th position. I have tried for few laps to catch up to the guy, but I made my first mega mistake, losing about 10 seconds and ended up on 10th position. After few laps, where I had exceptional "battles" for 9th position, I have done another stupid mistake, and ended up stuck in barrier around the track, and for some reason, I was unable to go into the Reverse, with my gear box... So I have lost another 20 seconds, and the race was over... I have still hold up the 10th position, but all I could do until the end, was to get one more position, and finished on 9th place.

Even though these two big mistakes, I have still finished better than anticipated, before the race, just little bit sad, that the two fastest guys lapped me because of these mistakes :(

• Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I just noticed my laptop meets the minimum requirements for Deadfire, but not the recommended requirements.  Purchase or wait until I upgrade to a better PC?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It is really awesome but hard as **** simulation.

That got me curious, I will definitely check it out sometime in the future because no matter how hard it is, it will never be as hard as the Pocket Circuit races in Yakuza 0. :p 

I just noticed my laptop meets the minimum requirements for Deadfire, but not the recommended requirements.  Purchase or wait until I upgrade to a better PC?

Wait until Q4 2018 when it will be released on the PS4/Xbox One. That's what I am doing.

Meanwhile, I am flirting with the idea of buying PoE: Complete Edition for the PS4, I don't have the dlcs on Steam.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

@Katphood. Assetto Corsa is even harder on controlers :) This game was specifically made for niche audience with steering wheels. And the developers are not shy about it. It's not just another "Real Driving Simulator" it really feels real :) Compared to everything I have tried so far.

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Deadfire. I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far, but I don't have a lot of time to play (2-3 hours every evening) and feel I haven't really had enough time to properly get into it yet.

I finished Maje Island, which was fine as far as introductory locations go (though I liked PoE's Cilant Lîs / Gilded Vale better) and then set sail for Neketaka, with a few detours on the way. I love the sense of exploration in this game  and enjoy the ship management aspects, finding new crew, managing morale, etc. I haven't tried ship combat yet -- I did notice a few hostile ships on my way to Neketaka but chose to avoid them for now, figuring I would properly stock up in Neketaka.

The city itself is very impressive and feels a lot more lively than Defiance Bay -- once you leave the docks it almost feels overwhelming, which is how a big city  should feel. I picked up some quests and a few bounties and am preparing to head out again soon.

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

Back to Overwatch competitive, torturing myself listening to people who think they are witty or a lot of French people snarking at Americans for not understanding French for some reason.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The city itself is very impressive and feels a lot more lively than Defiance Bay -- once you leave the docks it almost feels overwhelming, which is how a big city  should feel.

Agreed! Defiance Bay was pretty dull, but this new city is something much, much better so far. 

It is really awesome but hard as **** simulation.

That got me curious, I will definitely check it out sometime in the future because no matter how hard it is, it will never be as hard as the Pocket Circuit races in Yakuza 0. :p 

Wait until Q4 2018 when it will be released on the PS4/Xbox One. That's what I am doing.

Meanwhile, I am flirting with the idea of buying PoE: Complete Edition for the PS4, I don't have the dlcs on Steam.

That's what I was thinking of doing.  I just got tempted when I saw my laptop met the minimum specs.  I didn't even think I'd meet those.

I still haven't bought the PS4 version of the original PoE because the price where I'm from never seems to drop below "full price", even after it's been out for awhile.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's Paradox, it will take some more time to see bigger discounts.

Speaking of which, in case any of you fellas ever wanted to try Agents of Mayhem, it's currently on sale(PSN-US) for less than 10 bucks.

I played it and thought it was good but also unfinished in many ways. Expect a whole lot of repetitive missions.

Edited by Katphood

I'm standing in front of the palace gate that will lead me to the final 3 fight sections of the main story in FFXV. Finally there! Probably just another 30 minutes or so of gameplay....of course, that means about 6-8 hours of actual time spent,  because every single fight takes me 1.5-3 hours of Ansel-ing.

So far, the first "new boss" was a great improvement/more fun. Not difficulty wise, but definitely more fun then the boring version that was there before.

I already played most of the revamped last Chapt. in post-game status, on console, but it plays quite differently (eg, it's better/feels more interesting) when you do it "naturally" via getting there as you would through the storyline, since there's a few scenes and atmosphere stuff that don't play/happen in post-game playing. Definitely a better experience than the initial release version, especially if you do one particular new side-quest first before going for the main-questline. I still think the overall enlargement of the Chapt. play-area is nothing special, but the story/atmosphere feels somewhat improved with the changes. At least, it's more epic.

Now if they'd only improve/expand the water-city and "train" chapters a bit, the whole game would be feel much better pacing wise (wishful thinking, they won't, at least not in main-game).

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Back to Overwatch competitive, torturing myself listening to people who think they are witty or a lot of French people snarking at Americans for not understanding French for some reason.

I really tried to like Overwatch.... :(

Got no less than 4 good friends who play it several times a week. I just couldn't get interested in it.

Edit: When not playing Borderlands 2 and Age of Empires 2 (both in 3-4 people co-op sessions), then I enjoy The Witcher III and Master of Orion 2 :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein