What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

I'm trying to finish Root Double before I start anything else.

Then I might jump into Deadfire. Is it recommended I finish PoE1? How connected are the stories? I've played through most of PoE1 and think I'm in the final chapter as it is, but my save is off doing DLC stuff and I don't know how much actual time I have left to finish.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Then I might jump into Deadfire. Is it recommended I finish PoE1? How connected are the stories? I've played through most of PoE1 and think I'm in the final chapter as it is, but my save is off doing DLC stuff and I don't know how much actual time I have left to finish.

If you took possession of the keep and explored the weird statue levels, you are pretty caught up on the story, I think. Although I'm playing through again because I didn't like my character and never really did White March. 

I don't think I finished the Paths. Maybe I will finish that run.

To be honest, I don't like my character either. I like the Cypher class, but it's a Death Godlike and that feels too edgy. :(

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, I chose a priest of the dead god, which fit the story well, but it felt like I was metagaming it instead of creating a character I connected to. Now you do get to remake the character at the start of Deadfire, with a decent story reason for doing so.

I might by chance have spent more time playing Deadfire than in the revision I had planned...

But I will say this, Deadfire is really quite pretty...

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Do I have to have played the previous God of War games to understand what's going on in the new one?

I would say not necessarily. I haven’t played a god of war game in years and hardly remember more than Kratos killing a lot of people and I’ve felt fine so far story wise. Worst case, watch one of the hundred story summaries on YouTube of the previous games:)

Still plodding on through Battletech, bit tedious at the moment as I inevitably seem to be LRM spammed to death, heh.

Also doing some Overwatch for my sins

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I get to buy a new game in the coming week. I am thinking of buying into the God of War 4 hype but there is no way I can pass on Yakuza Sex: Dong of Life.  :grin:

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

If you took possession of the keep and explored the weird statue levels, you are pretty caught up on the story, I think. Although I'm playing through again because I didn't like my character and never really did White March. 

White March is better than the main game as it's far better focused, but you can expect to hit the level cap only about half way through it, which is a shame.

I'm holding off on Deadfire until a couple of patches have dropped. I didn't have any particular attachment to my character but I'd like to import anyway and that seems to be fundamentally broken at the moment. Plus I have both Andromeda (which is OK but clearly will get boring much as DAI did) and DivOS2 (way better than 1st play through; still deeply flawed) on the go.

Fired up Yoga Fire, made a new history because my old PoE save didn't go as I wanted (early faction bugs locked me into supporting the stupid Dozens) and then started to play, only to see that Obsidian made a "worst possible PoE outcome" history to select.

I'm actually pretty tempted to try that. :biggrin:

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Belatedly realized PoE2 is out, read up on some of the tech issues....don't really care about using my PoE1 save file (it's not even installed anymore, although the save file might still be there in Documents or something), but I think I'll wait some months and then buy the GoG version so I don't have to deal with waiting for patches routine.

I am interested in checking it out at some point...just no hurry.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Still playing Warframe.  Man, this game is freakin' fun.  I got the Hydroid warframe and I'm loving it.  It's a water-based caster warframe and has this awesome ability called Tidal Surge, which is basically Morphling's Waveform, to anyone who has played DotA.  I went ahead and tossed them some money, it's only right.  The game is f2p, the monetization isn't particularly aggressive, and, most importantly, the game is really fun.  I feel like I should reward a developer for making a good game and not being completely greedy double dipping scumbags (/glares menacingly in the direction of AAA publishers, particularly Activision/Blizzard and Electronic Arts).

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Completed RUINER (isometric action), while waiting for PoEII patches.

Good soundtrack and art style, average (neither terrible nor amazing) combat system, rebindable responsive controls, some collectibles, reasonable length.

I've got about 20 hours in Deadfire. My take so far:

Tech

*On the graphical side, everything has been improved pretty much across the board.

*(Aside from a memory leak bug, I never had much trouble with POE load times). The load times aren't really that much faster, but you have the option to 'fast travel' directly into every building you've visited in the city, thus cutting down on the number of load walls to get from place A to place B.

*There's a memory leak bug that makes performance in the big city sluggish if you've been playing for a few hours. Exiting to main menu and reloading clears it up.

Combat

*Been playing on the equivalent of 'hard' difficulty and it so far isn't hard. I had one fight that I managed poorly (I usually just let the AI do its thing) when I was fighting units several levels above me, and had three characters (and a ranger pet) go down. That was the closest thing to tough fight I've had.

*There is way less fighting in this game. Or, I should say, the ship combat is about 50% of the fighting and that can only happen if you're sailing around.

*The level cap is supposed to be 20, as a result, each level doesn't necessarily leave you feeling like you've gotten especially stronger unlike POE.

Story

*"Follow that giant statue!" I think the narrative team may have over corrected in trying to give an obvious goal to the player (some critics had of POE had trouble remembering what the plot goal was; hint: the plot goal was whatever you were role playing said it was).

*The relationship system feels 'game-y'.

*There's less subtly to the characters. So at times (particularly Eder) the returning characters feel a little like caricatures.

Overall: I'm really enjoying Deadfire, but so far, I think I like POE better.

• Like 1

I'll play PoE II: Deadfire once it arrives on the PS4. I am also looking for a sale to buy the PS4 version of PoE because it contains both dlcs and I don't feel like playing it on my PC.

P.S: Any chance Obsidian will ever release Tyranny on the consoles?!

Edited by Katphood

Yeah, my bad. 

Apparently PoE didn't sell well on consoles but then again, I have no idea why/how paradox has already announced a console version of PoE 2. Maybe it will get a release on consoles sometime in the future.

Versus Evil is the publisher for PoE 2 for PC and consoles. So they probably do not need to sell 200000000000000000 copies on them to get profitable.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I have finished today the first Torchlight with Alchemist on Normal difficulty. Fun and short game to play in between other games, or just to have some relax :) (third game in 2018)

The other two games, which I am playing at the moment are Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition on PS4 and Starcrawlers on PC. I should probably finish Pillars of Eternity. Never finished the first one, and backed both games...

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Gotta say it, I kinda like that most dialog in Yoga Fire has been voiced. I'd wish some folks to have a different actor (narrator could be older, for example), but other than that...

Playing it for longer than PoE1 now and I'm still not tired of it. Really digging the setting and all that jazz. To think that I would have passed over it if it weren't for MCA and the drama bringing it closer into my field of view...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."