What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Finished Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. It's such a great game, only way it could have been better is if it had been fully open world and had a lot more equipment to choose from. Also longer.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Finished Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. It's such a great game, only way it could have been better is if it had been fully open world and had a lot more equipment to choose from. Also longer.

You want to play a modded Call of Prypat then.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I lost interest in Far Cry 5.  Usually I push through to the end, especially when I'm this close (I just have to confront The Father).

I just lost all steam when, every region I went to, they pushed the main story quest on me when my level got high enough, even though I hadn't even had a chance to do half the other side content in the region.  Once the "region boss" is defeated, the sidequests lose their impact on the overall story, IMO.

Weird design decision, IMO.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Warframe is pretty freakin' great.  It's sort of like Destiny but with way more content and it's free.  I like that you can stealth a lot of the missions, which is fitting since you play a space ninja.

Stealth? I do stealth, by obliterating the entire tileset! Can't be detected by dead enemies! ;)

• Like 1

I finished Chapt. 10 in my PC playthru of FFXV. Next two are quick quick, then the long Chapt. 13. Getting close tho, finally.

I keep trying to look into the unofficial modding tools/stuff for the game, but seems like every time I manage to find a tool that works for it, that tool needs another tool, and so on. I feel like folks are really stingy about sharing such things. Takes a lot of "googling" and the right search terms to even find the little I have. Bah. Oh well. Just curiosity. I don't want to get too wrapped up in such until/unless the official tools can't do what I want. If the official tools will do what I want, why spend hours fussing with/learning all the other stuff.

Still...I at least want to know what's available/keep track of it all in case I need it later. PITA.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finished all Novice Career events on gold medal. Medium difficulty is just right for me, with the exception of cars like KTM X-Bow R, where I had to put the difficulty down. The cars was real PITA!!!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Played some of the Battle for Azeroth beta, so far I rather like the first zone, Tiragarde. One heck of a stat squish, which makes sense - but is still sort of jarring to hit for an amazing 3000 or so where I once hit for 500 k :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I want to progress the story in Yakuza 0 but the mini-games won't let me dammit! :p

I'm gonna buy every store in Kamarucho! :dancing:

Is it bad that Sleeping Dogs and Yakuza games are what I wanted from Shenmue?
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Well, Yakuza 0 is what I wanted from Pillars of Eternity, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity 2...

You get the idea, a world where every character you meet has a story to it. In Yakuza 0 you don't have to go through 5 pages worth of dialogue to understand what you are asked to do but still, it manages to breath so much life into each and every character.

• Like 3

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Do I have to have played the previous God of War games to understand what's going on in the new one?

I haven't played God of War 4 but in case you want to check out the older games, you can definitely do so if you have a PS3: https://www.amazon.com/PS3-God-War-Collection-sony-playstation3/dp/B008CP6MA2/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1525932966&sr=1-2&keywords=god+of+war+ps3

I bought that a while ago and it has every God of War game except for God of War: Ascension. It even has 2 codes for the PS3 remasters of God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta. One thing though, be sure to ask the retailer whether the codes for the PSP games are still valid because the one I bought was only 2 days away from expiration date.  :facepalm:

but the old ones look kind of crappy, whereas the new one looks like it might actually be ok.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Older GoW are different genre. They have not as deep narrative as the new one, so if you do not want to play them at all, you can skip them. They are full on Ancient Greek mythology, this one is full on Norse Mythology. But yeah, they can give you good background, on who actually is Kratos, and how he become man, who he is now...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Played some of the Battle for Azeroth beta, so far I rather like the first zone, Tiragarde. One heck of a stat squish, which makes sense - but is still sort of jarring to hit for an amazing 3000 or so where I once hit for 500 k :p

Aw man, now literally everyone I know that plays WoW has access to beta except me.

Aw man, now literally everyone I know that plays WoW has access to beta except me.

Legion is the only beta I got into, and I promptly ignored it. Dunno why I even got an invite, I'd been inactive a good while.

Incidentally this month marks a year since I last logged in.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

but the old ones look kind of crappy, whereas the new one looks like it might actually be ok.

They look ok to me:

I mean just look at God of War: Betrayal!  :p

They like me, been in TBC, WoD, Legion betas as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still playing PoE2... already longer than I expected. I'm actually really liking it. Much better than the first game.

Oh, and the writing has improved after the intro scenes. There's less boring filler text and descriptions. Also I'm very happy not to see the backer reward soul something-something NPCs from the first game again. As Battletech has shown recently as well, you just can't have backers write a bio and have it appear in such a game. It never works out well (unless your aim is to give cancer to the player).

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

As Battletech has shown recently as well, you just can't have backers write a bio and have it appear in such a game. It never works out well (unless your aim is to give cancer to the player).

I missed that, which bios did they write? Random mechwarrior hirees?

As Battletech has shown recently as well, you just can't have backers write a bio and have it appear in such a game. It never works out well (unless your aim is to give cancer to the player).

I missed that, which bios did they write? Random mechwarrior hirees?

Yeah, random mechwarriors will have a little K symbol next to their name.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

How is the amount of worthless filler battles against trash mobs in Pillars 2 compared to the original?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So far I haven't really had much combat but I'm making slow progress because I have to explore every nook and cranny. I've been able to avoid most fights with intelligent enemies but have still had to defeat a lot of mindless ones in ruins. I know that's probably not super helpful but I will also add that to me It's miles ahead of the first game which I didn't really like all that much at launch.

My biggest gripe is the party size because I ended up liking some of the new companions a lot more than I thought I would so not being able to bring another along is disappointing. I know one of the reasons they said they did it was to make combat flow better but the AI does a pretty good job of that already

Free games updated 3/4/21

There is *much less* random filler combat. And the ones I had did not feel as painful as it was in the first game. In fact, I'm quite enjoying it here, while in PoE1 I just switched to story-mode, so I can get done with it.

Agreeing a bit about the companions... but I'm pretty sure increasing the party number wouldn't really change it at all. You'd just end up with the same problem but a bigger active party.

In a weird way Yoga Fire reminds me a lot of Arcanum. Really makes me wish to have a new Arcanum game in that engine. Or just a remake with fixes and improvements.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."