What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

God of War

It's pretty good. A bit heavy on loot for my tastes, though. On the plus side, the non money loot tends to have a real identity instead of just being +1s. On the negative side, the majority of loot is just money and crafting materials.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So I today got 3 games in mail. Yakuza 6, Assetto Corsa Ultimate and Atelier Lydie and Suelle. My backlog just got bigger :'(

Few days ago I started Torchligth, and I am having fun. So these three have to wait few more days before I finish Torchlight and Starcrawlers.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

God of War

It's pretty good. A bit heavy on loot for my tastes, though. On the plus side, the non money loot tends to have a real identity instead of just being +1s. On the negative side, the majority of loot is just money and crafting materials.

Out of curiosity, since I've been avoiding reading anything about the game to avoid spoilers... Me, I'm a fan of the original GoW games. How much of them is there left in there? Is it just Kratos stitched onto an entirely new property that could've worked just as well without the big brand name, or is there some genuine connection to the originals?

I was planning to pick up the game either way, I'm just wondering.

The weight of his backstory is pretty important to the game, or at least my feelings towards the events and Kratos' personality.

I won't say it couldn't have been done without a completely original protagonist. But I will say I'm glad they are using this one.

It feels like Kratos. From the way he opens gates, doors, boxes to the personality that has changed a lot less than I expected. With it seeming like Atreus is the only thing holding him back from being completely his old self.

He's not going around swinging Blades of Chaos or anything, though. The combat itself is wholly different, but pretty damn awesome in a new way.

It's at least alluded to. I'm not far enough in to say how much.

Is the game worth it or is it just being ovverrated/overhyped? I thought about buying it for my sister.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

It's pretty great. I just wish it was a tighter experience. Open world with lots of gating systems where you get new abilities that unlock treasures and bonuses in old areas. And apparently a bunch of enemies I'm not high enough level to fight yet. So dying while exploring a bunch takes me out.

But when it works, it works well, and the narrative of it has me gripped.

So I today got 3 games in mail. Yakuza 6, Assetto Corsa Ultimate and Atelier Lydie and Suelle. My backlog just got bigger :'(

Few days ago I started Torchligth, and I am having fun. So these three have to wait few more days before I finish Torchlight and Starcrawlers.

I, too, got games in the mail.

Mass Effect Andromeda, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider and Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I also got surprised by my brother. I recently bought a Switch and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. A few days ago, he told me "Hey, there's a strange package over there." I told him that it was his name on the package. He was ice cold, shook his shoulders and said that he had no idea what I was talking about. I opened it and found The Legend of Zelda: breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey. Brothers are the best, except when they're not.

• Like 1

Ok, as a Platinum Owner of Gran Turismo 5, I can officialy confirm, that I suck at Assetto Corsa. I am to slow to beat even novice career races on Gold. I will need a lot of training. And I will probably end up with buying Karting Gloves to have a better grip on my G29... My purse is affraid and cries in a corner already...

Tabletop Simulator. Very cool. Have played a variety of games so far with some friends, including something called DungeonQuest and the original The Legend of Zelda board game.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Ok, as a Platinum Owner of Gran Turismo 5, I can officialy confirm, that I suck at Assetto Corsa. I am to slow to beat even novice career races on Gold. I will need a lot of training. And I will probably end up with buying Karting Gloves to have a better grip on my G29... My purse is affraid and cries in a corner already...

OK. I have played little bit with FoV settings, and car setups. In Assetto, the car setup is so crazy important, compared to anything I have played before... After I've changed the tire pressure to be higher, and changed camber angles in the front, I made 1 lap 2 seconds faster O.o, which meant easy win in two attempts...

So after almost 2 hours of playing, I got 6 gold medals already. Probably 274 more to go :p

Anyway, to make my Playseat and TV combination more realistic with Field of View setting, I have to move it probably 40 - 60 more centimeters to the front... that means removing few shelves from under the TV or buy completely new TV stand :(

I'll try the shelve solution first...

Edited by Mamoulian War

I finally got back into just a little bit of gaming last week. I loaded up this sort of horror based walking sim called layers of fear to play with the wife. It's well done. hardly any puzzles or such, but it's still entertaining and the wife and I can enjoy it in short bouts. However, I have one glorious week of free time. Yeah, I need to fix some things around my house and change oil in the cars, (and make 10 gallons of brew), but other than that, I'm gaming, baby! To tide me over for today, I think I'll take a new look at KONA just to see if it was worth the dime I spent on it during development. After that? Who knows? Finish whichever dishonored game I'm playing? Buy something new? I. have. time! Woo Hoo!

χαίρετε

Lord of the Rings: War in the North is such a fun and laid back game. The presentation is also great, good voice acting, good graphics and on top of that, fun hack n slash combat, lots of loot and armor and a good bit of story here and there. You can also play it cooperatively with 2 people online.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

You're saying his backstory is important to the game. Again, without spoilers - is his backstory alluded to at any point during the game? Or is that something that only you as the player are aware of?

It's not a direct sequel, but past events are interwoven in to the current story.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Lord of the Rings: War in the North is such a fun and laid back game. The presentation is also great, good voice acting, good graphics and on top of that, fun hack n slash combat, lots of loot and armor and a good bit of story here and there. You can also play it cooperatively with 2 people online.

It's fun 2nd and especially 3rd time through the time.

First time especially the dudes are pathetically weak.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yeah, I officially dislike how Far Cry 5 forces you into the main story quests whether you like it or not if you level up too much.

I lost out on a quest because I had to confront the regional boss, but in doing so the character who gave me the quest died and so apparently I can't find it afterwards.

If you're going to have an open world, with a bunch of activities you can do, don't then force the main quest on the player.  Or at the very least, make the threshold in which the regional boss forces a fight a much, much higher level so you can actually do these activities without being railroaded.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana has been in my backlog for GOG, since it came out (was mainly do to it crashing all the time). But since finding out about the set Affinity Core

temporary fix, the game has became bearable ..dare I say even enjoyable. Also the ingame soundtrack is kickass, Sunshine Coastline being one of my new favorite tracks,

Night Survivor being my second favorite. Both of them are good songs, but that said all the soundtracks are great. Having the main storyline take place on Seiren Island,  

which may just so happen to be cursed, it's a pretty cool idea. This just makes me want to learn as much as I can about the island's unknown past history, while at the

same time I'm also trying to get everyone safely off this bloody island ..all alive hopefully.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I've gotten into Kona again. Not as far as I had before I reached the end of the playable part before completion, but I've poked around. Not a bad game. I like the quirky French Canadian accent of the narrator and the locals. I'm off to see the doctor's office for the first time since I restarted. I should be able to poke around much more now that the game's finished.

χαίρετε

Felt like doing a new playthrough of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. I used to run it with Olmod but that wasn't updated to support the final patch (and it will just crash) so I stated looking into alternatives. I wanted something that fixes some issues, maybe updates the weapon models/graphics and possibly adds some removed stuff back in (like silencers for the AKs) but leaves the gameplay intact.

It seemd the Stalker Starter Pack was my ticket, but after starting the game on Master difficulty I immediately noticed the Bandits you meet in the first mission didn't have any shotguns... I am *very* sure they did in vanilla so I'm wondering whether it's the mod messing with enemy loadouts or just random. Guess I need to start over and if that doesn't work try it without the mod. There's nothing in there that claims it interferes with enamy loadouts but it's pretty common for mod authors (or Enhanced Edition authors...) to get carried away...

EDIT: typos

Strange. I also felt the need to replay Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl around the same time you did. I wonder what triggered it?

Anyhow, I am using the Stalker Complete mod. That's all I need, slightly better graphics and less bugs.

Also, I forgot how fantastic this game is. It's amazing how they managed to make the character progression feel better than 95% of rpg's despite not using any levels or experience points or even skills!

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's amazing how they managed to make the character progression feel better than 95% of rpg's despite not using any levels or experience points or even skills!

I'd argue it's not 'despite' but 'because'. I think majority of people enjoy feeling of progression, not gamification of accounting that RPGs tend to be - and STALKER nailed the feeling of actual progression without using any numbers that players would need to calculate through.
  • Like 3

Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana has been in my backlog for GOG, since it came out (was mainly do to it crashing all the time). But since finding out about the set Affinity Core

temporary fix, the game has became bearable ..dare I say even enjoyable. Also the ingame soundtrack is kickass, Sunshine Coastline being one of my new favorite tracks,

Night Survivor being my second favorite. Both of them are good songs, but that said all the soundtracks are great. Having the main storyline take place on Seiren Island,  

which may just so happen to be cursed, it's a pretty cool idea. This just makes me want to learn as much as I can about the island's unknown past history, while at the

same time I'm also trying to get everyone safely off this bloody island ..all alive hopefully.

4zSDKZn.gif

@Stalker progression: It's one of my favorite things about Stalker. Plays like an RPG, but doesn't have the stat silliness that all RPGs tend to have.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Battle Brothers. I got it a while back and couldn't really get into it. Lately, I have been horribly addicted like in my youth to this game, playing it in all my spare time. On veteran difficulty it's one of the most challenging games I have played. 

I also received my backed copy of Battletech but only gave it a brief whirl. I gather a patch is going to be needed at some point to fix some optimization issues.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Been playing a bit of Elder Scrolls Online. The crafting in this game is still the best I've seen in an MMO, and Morrowind is really well designed. Hopefully I'll keep my interest up long enough for the Summerset expansion to hit.