What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Just finished Far Cry 5, but disappointed with the ending. Now

that, that's out of the way I am starting Assassin's Creed Origins.

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 1

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Every main quest mission in Far Cry 5 is essentially just throwing waves of enemies at you.  None are particularly difficult on their own, but apparently it's the best way to make it challenging by sending in 100 against you.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Tower of Time just come out yesterday and I have to say I been enjoying it, I been wanting a good classic RPG.

Also there's no exp gained through kills, to get stronger you instead level your party up through a upgradeable city,

EDIT: Game mainly takes place in a tower that your party explores floor by floor. Your main goal is to reach the final

floor, killing any enemies you meet that get in your way.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I'm also liking Tower of Time, in the limited time I've had with it so far.  The combat feels pretty good.  It's RTwSSM (Real Time with Super Slo-Mo) but you can change that to RTwP if you prefer.  Even early in the game when you only have 2 characters and limited abilities at your disposal it feels nice and tactical, with positioning playing a big part.  I've been playing on normal difficulty, but I think I'm going to restart on hard (you can change in the middle of the campaign too).  One thing I'm not thrilled about is the combat taking place in a separate instance than your exploring, much like classic jRPGs.  I would have preferred the combat took place on the same map you explore on, it would allow me to try to pull enemies and set up ambushes before the battle had even begun.  It's a minor gripe, though.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Continuing my Yakuza 0 playthrough. 

The game keeps surprising me with interesting side-quests. If you want good storytelling, this is your game. There is a lot to do and see though so I am taking my sweet time.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

^ Taking one's sweet time through a game is the only way I play. :D

...I'm mid-Chapt. 7 in my PC run of FFXV. It's progress I suppose. Later chapters go faster and faster since they get linear, only a couple more chapters and the rest will be speedy.

Discovered using Ansel overmuch appears to supersede Prompto's auto-photo taking feature - he won't take/get any photos during any time when one is spamming the Ansel hotkey every second, for example. Ansel takes precedence/stops the game from taking its own pictures I guess. This includes Prompto's scripted photo "tours" - where he's supposed to take pics and show you the 3 results. Instead I got only one and it was a close up instead of the supposed to be far range (Ansel was set to a close range, guess the game took its cue from that). Haha. Good thing I don't care.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Replaying PoE in preparation for Deadfire. Just completed the first part of the White March. Really love the expansion content, it's great.

Also replaying Curse of Monkey Island which is... just an awesome adventure game. Hadn't played it in like forever, such a blast from the past. And the music, my god, the music. It's soo good.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

So remember when I said I hated the driving missions in Far Cry 5?  Yeah, those don't even compare to the stupid that is the flying missions.

I just finished the "boss fight" one from the first area where you have to shoot down a plane.  I couldn't even figure out how to turn the thing to keep track of him.  I actually finished the mission, but even now I have no clue how I took down his plane.  I think I crashed into it (he strafed me as I pulled up on the joystick) and that was enough to force him to parachute out, because I didn't even get a chance to shoot at him since I could never turn to face him.

Did the developers not even bother to do beta testing and ask "are the driving/flying mechanics fun?"?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Did the developers not even bother to do beta testing... ?

These days they call it "early access" and you get to pay the developers for the privilege of beta testing the game for them.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Did the developers not even bother to do beta testing and ask "are the driving/flying mechanics fun?"?

Just out of curiosity, are you using M+K or a gamepad?

PS4, so gamepad.

Tower of Time just managed to do something I haven't seen in a very long time. It crashed and took Windows with it. I mean terribly made games have been crashing to desktop every now and then (yes Bioware, looking at you here) but the OS hasn't gone poof like Francis in a long while.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong

While Shadowrun Returns was more of a proof of concept, Dragonfall was a pretty good game. Hong Kong is somewhere in between. So far, I'm not feeling it nearly as much as Dragonfall, but it is definitely not as bland as the first game one.

The principal problems (of all SR games) are a lack of interactivity, dearth of side quests, transparency of mechanics (the structure of the game is too obvious and rigid) and linearity. They just don't seem to have the budget to make a 'great' game. 

Also, I'm playing on hard, I don't really fully understand the system, but I'm still easily winning most encounters. Not gud form. 

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Trying out Wildlands (free weekend on Steam) plus it's Ubisoft so, I know it will be good :)

I've also had the sneaking urge to play Shovel Knight (haven't really dug into the Plague Knight campaign, perhaps it is time).

Edit: Wildlands is pretty disappointing lol Just played a bit and uninstalled it...

Shovel Knight it is.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Shadowrun: Hong Kong

While Shadowrun Returns was more of a proof of concept, Dragonfall was a pretty good game. Hong Kong is somewhere in between. So far, I'm not feeling it nearly as much as Dragonfall, but it is definitely not as bland as the first game one.

The principal problems (of all SR games) are a lack of interactivity, dearth of side quests, transparency of mechanics (the structure of the game is too obvious and rigid) and linearity. They just don't seem to have the budget to make a 'great' game. 

Also, I'm playing on hard, I don't really fully understand the system, but I'm still easily winning most encounters. Not gud form. 

I don't think they ever meant to go toe to toe with, say, Larian. They are seriously linear games, and their strengths are mostly narrative: the writing, the setting, and the atmosphere. There isn't all that much C&C, you barely get to develop party members, and combat is bare-bones at best.

Remember that Dragonfall was originally developed as a DLC for Shadowrun Returns, after the unexpected success of the game. I don't think they actually had the systems in place to make a "proper" PC RPG, with all the features old timers like us would expect in a title by Obsidian, for instance. I think Battletech will give us a better idea of what they are actually capable of, systems-wise, when they have a proper budget to work with.

That being said, if you liked Dragonfall and Hong Kong, I would strongly recommend you try The Caldecott Caper and CalFree in Chains. Superb user generated content, which gives the original HBS campaigns a run for their money.

Edit: Wildlands is pretty disappointing lol Just played a bit and uninstalled it...

Co-op rule. It's basically a more unforgiving GTA in a jungle setting, with some "military shooter" touches thrown in for good measure. I don't think I'd play it solo, but in co-op it's a blast. We'll probably purchase it after the trial weekend ends, it's so good.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I was thinking that, unfortunately I have no mic but yeah, I can definitely see it being a strong mp game.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Started a new run on Fallout: New Vegas, after my first attempt at Hardcoremodus went nowhere. It's still sooo good. I just enjoy th worldbuilding and the excellent writing. I arrived at Novac and will take my time. But right now, it's still the perfect ending for the Fallout-Series.

• Like 1

I finished the first floor in Tower of Time.  Most of the battles on hard difficulty weren't especially challenging, so long as I paid attention, but there were a few that required a ton of maneuvering and tactical retreating.  In particular, line of sight was (and will likely continue to be) a key factor.  The battle arenas usually have objects that break line of sight, plus there are abilities that can do that too, provided you chose those upgrade paths.  Breaking line of sight immediately breaks life drain spells, as well as providing safety from ranged attacks.  Of course, it works both ways.

Edit:  Has anyone here tried epic difficulty yet?

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I finished the first floor in Tower of Time.  Most of the battles on hard difficulty weren't especially challenging, so long as I paid attention, but there were a few that required a ton of maneuvering and tactical retreating.  In particular, line of sight was (and will likely continue to be) a key factor.  The battle arenas usually have objects that break line of sight, plus there are abilities that can do that too, provided you chose those upgrade paths.  Breaking line of sight immediately breaks life drain spells, as well as providing safety from ranged attacks.  Of course, it works both ways.

Does that include the mausoleum fight?

I have it installed, but I just must wait to buy new computer.

Started my interupted run of Starcrawlers. Still continue to go the "ethical hacking" route :p

It's fun game, but sometimes the fights can get pretty boring and long, if you do not upgrade your gear properly. I was lucky with weapon drops, but not so much luck with armour and shields :/

Hope the fun will last until the end :D

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I've pretty much given up on my steam copy of KOTOR 1. Tried every solution possible on the internet and it simply doesn't work. I'd play it on the Xbox One X but Microsoft doesn't let you purchase 360/OG Xbox  games without a credit card. :/

Funny how you don't need to have a credit card registered to your account when buying an Xbox One game!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Started my interupted run of Starcrawlers. Still continue to go the "ethical hacking" route :p

It's fun game, but sometimes the fights can get pretty boring and long, if you do not upgrade your gear properly. I was lucky with weapon drops, but not so much luck with armour and shields :/

Hope the fun will last until the end :D

What's your setup? The game's biggest problem is that some classes are simply leaps and bounds ahead of others.