One question though: why don't you shift with a lifegiver before casting rejuvenation spells? 

I thought the life giver bonus to power level was always active until you ended the shifted form? In any case, it rarely will matter for me with this particular build as I have access to several buffs that pop the Nature Godlike +2 power level, which won't stack with the Lifegiver bonus.

Hm, something is wrong there.

Lifegivers get +5 PL for Rejuventation spells when shifted ("Living Surge") - on top of the +2 PL they generally get for all Rejuvenation spells. They suffer -5 PL once  shifting ends though.

Wellspring of Live is a passive (as well as the Lifegiver passive) and thus its +2 PL stack with the above.

For example:

Moonwell does 8 base healing per tick. At lvl 9 it has +30% (+1PL from level, +2 PL from Livegiver passive), once you shift it has +80% (+5 PL Living Surge) and if you trigger Willspring of Life it does +100% (+2PL).

lifegiver_stacking.png?dl=1

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hm, something is wrong there.

That is excellent news - I swear before the bonus power levels weren't stacking, but the higher value was over writing the lower values, but I loaded up my game and you are correct. +30% no buff/not shifted (power level 3), +80% shifted (power level 8, or +5), and then +100% when nature godlike bonus is triggered. Very, very cool!

Edited by bleedthefreak
  • Like 1

Won't wait. Like some others, my first play through is for the story, so I'd play on normal and not be fussed about balance. As long as it arrives in the same state as Pillars did, I'll be happy. If I enjoy it as much as Pillars I'll play through on harder levels, and then I'd want balance and bugs to be worked on.

Having said that, with my internet access being as slow as it is, it's going to take a couple of days of downloading anyway, so hopefully anything completely broken will have been fixed by then!

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

• 2 weeks later...

It's Obsidian: even if you play it three years late there's going to be a zillion bugs and bafflingly unfinished-feeling systems, both large and small. They'll have introduced nearly as many problems as they've addressed, too.

If you enjoy their art for what it is (I do!) you may as well just play unspoiled with the earlier bugs instead of spoiled with the later bugs.

Edited by Luagha

Won't wait. Like some others, my first play through is for the story, so I'd play on normal and not be fussed about balance. As long as it arrives in the same state as Pillars did, I'll be happy. If I enjoy it as much as Pillars I'll play through on harder levels, and then I'd want balance and bugs to be worked on.

Having said that, with my internet access being as slow as it is, it's going to take a couple of days of downloading anyway, so hopefully anything completely broken will have been fixed by then!

There are bugs with the story too. Already, importing a save has a tendency to mess with Edér and/or Vela - the latter doesn't record if you abduct save her.

It's kind of demotivating in the first couple of hours that an imported save is already likely to not be correctly recorded. 

Edited by Yenkaz
  • Like 2

A little over 2 hours in, biggest bug I've found is when the camera scrolls the whole screen jutters along with it. My FPS are holding good at 60fps for the most part, but the stuttering camera follow made me just quit.

Gonna reboot and see if it persists. May have to turn the camera follow off...

• Like 1

I would be curious to see what would happen if someone (or multiple members for that fact) wrote Josh a love letter asking him to return to the Obsidian Forum threads. Would we get a response? Could we have the power to bring him back? Very curious indeed.

I've got a day off work on Thursday and this is precisely what I'm going to spend my morning on. For once, you inspire me, SonicMage117!

• Like 1

I waited for PoE1, both WM expansions before I really got into the game. I played a few hours to check the game out and test a handful of characters. Will most likely do the same for Deadfire, you are not alone there.

Mixed bag/results so far. While many positive reviews on Steam are mainly biased (only 2 hours), the more honest ones really talk about what's going on. Hopefully they sort out the issues, I'm still holding off but the game looks gorgeous other than the technical issues erupting at all angles.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Mixed bag/results so far. While many positive reviews on Steam are mainly biased (only 2 hours), the more honest ones really talk about what's going on.

Lmao. So the positive reviews are biased but the negative ones with 30 minutes /played aren't, huh? Interesting perception right there. The game runs absolutely fine for 90%+ and I'm willing to bet that at least half of the "game crashes/doesn't run" crowd should troubleshoot on their own end. Seems like you're desperately looking for reasons not to play the game right now... so why not just wait instead of writing nonsense like "technical issues erupting at all angles"?

• Like 7

Well I haven't seen the negative ones yet but, it's more likely since the negative ones are negative due to bugs right out the gate, I'm guessing?

The most trusty review I've seen on Steam is the 73 hour one, it's a positive review but states the game is no where near as good as the first game... Which I understand and believe since the first game had one goal and Deadfire was a bit scattered in its development.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

The save import issues have officially killed my hype. I know there's a fix scheduled for next week but idk, with the other issues I'm tempted to wait a few months.

I will wait at least one patch before really start to play, now just play with the console and builds.

considering it's a normal work week, I likely would only have a couple hours to play today anyway, most of which will be spent on character creation, so I'm not too worried about encountering bugs and the like.

Everyone seems to be saying it's good from what I can tell but everyone is also experiencing tye same issue - widespread bugs.

The excuse is: "It's a huge game, we shouldn't expect expect it not to" but the fact that it has more bugs now than it did before the delay voids that excuse. As usual, I was right, and boy do I hate being right all the time.

Everyone seems to be saying it's good from what I can tell but everyone is also experiencing tye same issue - widespread bugs.

The excuse is: "It's a huge game, we shouldn't expect expect it not to" but the fact that it has more bugs now than it did before the delay voids that excuse. As usual, I was right, and boy do I hate being right all the time.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you cannot possibly know that for starters. Indeed, you only saw what everyone here saw, the beta included. It is only normal for the full game to have all the bugs the game has rather than only a few samples that the beta had in it, by virtue of being smaller in scope and most likely more stable overall.

• Like 1

But I DID know it, I said it way before the release and was right. It's no secret that Obsidian has some of the buggiest releases in history, just as buggy as Bethesda lol There were two things that made this a no-brainer for me, the scope of the game and the fact that the development cycle was troubled and very un-focused. The first sign was the multi-class system

Well, I was planning to start playing right away.... Unfortunately, I got like 15 mins into the game and realized Eders background was bugged. I was gonna keep plugging along anyway till I realized that there is no point since I will have to restart the game once they patch it. Its so frustrating. 

Mixed bag/results so far. While many positive reviews on Steam are mainly biased (only 2 hours), the more honest ones really talk about what's going on.

Lmao. So the positive reviews are biased but the negative ones with 30 minutes /played aren't, huh? Interesting perception right there. The game runs absolutely fine for 90%+ and I'm willing to bet that at least half of the "game crashes/doesn't run" crowd should troubleshoot on their own end. Seems like you're desperately looking for reasons not to play the game right now... so why not just wait instead of writing nonsense like "technical issues erupting at all angles"?

It'd be nice if I could give even a 30 min review. A lot of people can't play the game at all. I'm not sure if you've glanced at the tech support page, but it is indeed erupting with technical issues. The game flat out doesn't work on a lot of Linux and OSX machines. And yeah I know, lol-get-a-gaming-PC, but they've marketed this forever as a tri-platform game and have not delivered.