I pretty much always wait a while after a game releases to play it, if I can stand the suspense. :) With all the great post-release support that the best games get now, that means I'm playing a better game, and often if I wait long enough it will be cheaper. (That won't apply here, since I'm a backer.) For PoE, I'm more interested in the balance changes than bugfixes. I hate having my character build get nerfed in the middle of a playthrough (haven't had much luck turning off updates on Steam), and I usually only play through even games I love twice or so (time constraints). So I'll probably wait a while to play it.

I'm ashamed to admit I haven't finished WM pt. 2 yet, so I have to finish that up.

• Like 1

I pretty much always wait a while after a game releases to play it, if I can stand the suspense. :) With all the great post-release support that the best games get now, that means I'm playing a better game, and often if I wait long enough it will be cheaper. (That won't apply here, since I'm a backer.) For PoE, I'm more interested in the balance changes than bugfixes. I hate having my character build get nerfed in the middle of a playthrough (haven't had much luck turning off updates on Steam), and I usually only play through even games I love twice or so (time constraints). So I'll probably wait a while to play it.

I'm ashamed to admit I haven't finished WM pt. 2 yet, so I have to finish that up.

I haven't completed it either... I'm not sure what it is. I was enjoying it but i got to a point and whenever I boot up the game I play for about 5 minutes and can't bring myself to carry on.

• Like 1

nowt

I haven't completed it either... I'm not sure what it is. I was enjoying it but i got to a point and whenever I boot up the game I play for about 5 minutes and can't bring myself to carry on.

I've noticed that games have a certain kind of momentum. I've discovered I pretty much need to finish a game all in one continuous time period. If I stop for a while and try to come back, I've lost the immersion and the enthusiasm.

• Like 2

All the trolls put you on their ignore list I guess. :brows:

Oh my... oh deer lol
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Besides a few trolls, I don't think this place is all that bad.

Where are these trolls? I've been here since I backed the game and have never seen any trolls but I have seen people get classified as trolls just because a person doesn't like or agree with what they say (usually the case on the Internet anyway).

Won't name any names, but there one regular forum member here who's a jerk towards everybody.  You probably already know whom I'm talking about.

But the trolls I'm mainly talking about are people who make topics just to start a flame war.  There aren't that many, but they do appear.  They're not too much a problem.

There is zero chance I'll wait to play the game. Unless by "wait" you mean the evening of May 8.

It's a video game. There will be bugs. I'll survive.

Also, major bugs usually get fixed as soon as possible with a hotfix.  I'm not that worried at all.   

Edited by Bill Gates' Son
  • Like 1

Besides a few trolls, I don't think this place is all that bad.

Where are these trolls? I've been here since I backed the game and have never seen any trolls but I have seen people get classified as trolls just because a person doesn't like or agree with what they say (usually the case on the Internet anyway).

All the real trolls have mostly left this forum.  There are a few "borderline" people but it is no big deal.  Like I mentioned, it was really bad in the months leading up to eternity 1 launching, and about 1-2 months after that.  With Deadfire it never even got close to the levels of troll we saw with the original.

• Like 2

I haven't completed it either... I'm not sure what it is. I was enjoying it but i got to a point and whenever I boot up the game I play for about 5 minutes and can't bring myself to carry on.

I've noticed that games have a certain kind of momentum. I've discovered I pretty much need to finish a game all in one continuous time period. If I stop for a while and try to come back, I've lost the immersion and the enthusiasm.

Same, I can't pick up a playthrough after a break, I have to start from scratch.

I also find PoE takes a certain mindset to play. I have to be in the mood to really concentrate.

• Like 2

Regarding non-mandatory life stuff, I pretty much need to be in a mood and mindset to do anything. This includes games, of course, and it happens to me too. When I leave a game untouched for more than 6 or 7 days I find it hard to continue playing it from were I left. I need to restart. This is easy when it comes to games that are not story focused, like strategy or sim games with open ended character (like Civ or Cities for instance), but it can be critical when it comes to long story-based games like rpgs. I quit and might not get back to it for a long period. Which sucks.

Edited by Sedrefilos

Won't name any names, but there one regular forum member here who's a jerk towards everybody. You probably already know whom I'm talking about.

They're going to have a rough time when the game releases and we get a slew of new members, I know the person will be playing Deadfire asap but also, at the same time, cannot help themselves from constantly checking the forum and pretending to backseat moderate :p Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I would be curious to see what would happen if someone (or multiple members for that fact) wrote Josh a love letter asking him to return to the Obsidian Forum threads. Would we get a response? Could we have the power to bring him back? Very curious indeed.

You can start if you so like.
I tried but people started members here didn't take it seriously, so it got locked by a moderator. I should have seen the snides and sarcasm coming from a mile away lol The mod made the right call.

Evidently people here just don't like Josh or maybe making me look bad is more important ;)

Rip Josh on forums forever, I tried to bring him back...

Edited by SonicMage117

But you have to admit it was a very, very weird post. :)

I cringed a bit while reading it. :p

PS: 

Evidently people here just don't like Josh or maybe making me look bad is more important ;)

Hehe - good one!  :thumbsup:

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 6

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

We can suspect that if that post won't, nothing here will...

We could post fotos of cats on bikes.

snip

We could post photoshopped images of cats on Josh.

Edited by Alot
  • Like 1

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

I'm also fairly certain it's not going to be a modified Fiest/Neko Case/David Bowie song that brings Josh back to these forums :lol:

FTFY
  • Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, probably the best channel to catch the beta updates. Great work there.

Thank you!

Well, were you a Messy Or Broken Launch, sir?

Eh, could go either way. Let's say... maybe? I did record this mornings video with a bit of a cold, hopefully he's not holding that against the game. :o

• Like 3

Hey, that's my video! 

Er... what does it have to do with PoE2 being (or not being) a Messy Or Broken Launch?

Sweet!

And nothing, just watched it, thought a beautiful video should be on a beautiful thread :)

• Like 1