What affects gun Reload Speed?

crispy

I'm not sure if it changed between PoE and PoE 2, but here is an excellent attack speed thread.

I think this here is the updated version of that thread for Deadfire:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95847-attackaction-speed-thread/

I'm not sure if the app has been updated for the latest patch though -- i think armor recovery penalty now also effects reload.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy
  • Like 2

Starting with beta4 armor recovery penalty indeed is indeed affecting reload time. Afaik so does dual-wielding and two-weapon style.

Calculator is atm beta3 compliant, and not yet updated to beta4. I'll need to recheck the recovery effects. But wouldn't be surprised if reload time is affected by everything now.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 4

Starting with beta4 armor recovery penalty indeed is indeed affecting reload time. Afaik so does dual-wielding and two-weapon style.

Calculator is atm beta3 compliant, and not yet updated to beta4. I'll need to recheck the recovery effects. But wouldn't be surprised if reload time is affected by everything now.

If you get a chance, it would make my whole day if you also added sliders for Might and Perception (vs 0 defense) to this calculator. It'd let me solve puzzles like "is it worth it to use a pistol in your off-hand with the speed modal on, instead of a second blunderbuss?" etc.

• Like 1

That’s... disappointing. I liked that firearms didn’t get influenced by dexterity. Sort of a weapon of choice for character withoutnhigh dexterity, differentiating weapons at least a bit.

• Like 1

If you get a chance, it would make my whole day if you also added sliders for Might and Perception (vs 0 defense) to this calculator. It'd let me solve puzzles like "is it worth it to use a pistol in your off-hand with the speed modal on, instead of a second blunderbuss?" etc.

That would make speed calculator a dps calculator :)

I will think about it, but in that case it would also have to incorporate stuff like blunted criticals, hit-to-crit and alike conversions, and probably even devout bonus critical damage and various damage modifiers. Hmm.

That’s... disappointing. I liked that firearms didn’t get influenced by dexterity. Sort of a weapon of choice for character withoutnhigh dexterity, differentiating weapons at least a bit.

Ba Dum Tss, dexterity was always affecting reload time of firearms, including PoE1 and all the Deadfire betas)

What has changed is:

- in PoE1 and Deadfire beta 1-3, reload time was not affected by recovery-affecting stuff.

- and in beta4 it is.

I also remember, after Q&A #6, quoting Josh remark where he was mentioning this change, and asking if the plans have changed since it wasn't implemented:

Q: Speed enchant is considered by Pillars 1 equally good for all weapons while being much less powerful for weapons with reload animations. Is Deadfire going to address this issue?

JS: Yes. We're trying to make weapons with reloads—meaning Crossbows, Arbalests, and the various guns—integrate a little bit better into the whole speed economy, so that things that speed up attacks and Recovery are also going to speed up reloads, in general.

That's something we've been looking at more recently to make it flow naturally. Making Recovery the things that — instead of having a recovery buffer that goes into the reload, having the reload itself be affected by the Recovery value. Heavy armor makes reloading take longer; light armor makes it go by faster. Stuff like that. We're trying to make it seem like it works like the other mechanics.

Source

P.S. From one point of view it's good, as a "speed" enchant now means something for firearms too, and reloading should probably indeed take longer in heavy armor... Although not sure if Dual-Wielding and having Two-Weapon Style should speed it up (as they currently do).

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

All favorite plate armor meta is going off the cliff.

Most light clothes is the way to go for good dps.

Killing things faster mean you take less damage that can be mitigated by heavier armor, just other approach to things.

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam