What do you want in DLCs ?

My first request is always that, whatever the DLC is, existing companions have new dialogue if you can take them along. I also much prefer when story DLCs tie into and augment the main plot of the base game somehow so the story feels tight.

Also, it's hard to roleplay a character from the White that Wends knowing almost nothing about it, so visiting there would be nice.

• Like 3

WANT:
- More story, but at the end (not during the main game)

- New gameplay such as quests and weapons (during main game), but nothing that breaks the existing game balance
- Expanded or reworked naval combat system
- Maybe more 'Sidekick' style companions?(someone else pointed out that full companions usually don't integrate well), but new sidekicks, or more fleshed out existing sidekicks would be welcome

DON'T WANT:
- Content that scales to main char mid-game. I'm looking at you, WM
- Powerful weapons/items that become 'obvious' choices (would prefer equal but different options)
- Small bite-size DLC's. Just... no.

Something akin to the White March but, ideally, after the end of the main campaign. That's all really.

This would be my ideal too. Letting you take existing companions in and having them react properly (assuming their endings allow for it). I wouldn't want (a large number) of temporary companions who only exist in the new areas a la New Vegas.

Edited by CottonWolf
  • Like 1

As long as companions were brought up so many times already; quest companions who's original stats can be manipulated to not suck would be a major plus. The ability to multiclass yet include their base class would be just awesome. 

Edited by djinnxy

As long as companions were brought up so many times already; quest companions who's original stats can be manipulated to not suck would be a major plus. The ability to multiclass yet include their base class would be just awesome.

A companion, whose soul you can shape to your own will? I like that;-)

A companion, whose soul you can shape to your own will? I like that;-)

I'm thinking that would be best in the original game release, but as it is already in a dlc topic... It could be a free dlc which allows me to impose my will on another soul. That way we could still call it free will.