Hi guys.

I'm looking to do a solo run with a priest of some sort and this looked like an interesting choice.

The idea is to buff and revive riddles (animal companion) as much as makes sense, without worrying about wounds.

I'm just not sure how many tanky skills I'd need to pick. I mean, I'd like to dual wield if possible, since wounding shot is a full attack and the weal illusion spells are pretty powerful. Champions boon on riddles looks like fun, as well.

Haven't played the beta, so I can't really help ya with that. Just here to tell you how cute it is for a priest of Wael to have an animal companion named riddles. :)

• Like 2

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. So in an attempt to figure out how much I'd need to focus on defence, I've been looking through forums and wikis and pausing playthroughs trying to understand what the new buff system is and what inspirations actually do, as well as how they interact with debuffs.

I can honestly say that at this point, I'm even more confused than when I started.

A few questions:

- Do debuffs have the same naming convention inspirations have?

- How do the stronger inspirations/debuffs work when affected by a weaker counter?

- What happens when a debuff only targets one aspect of an inspiration and vice versa?

- Do debuffs and inspirations cancel each other out in terms of removing each other, or just evening out the affected stats?

- What do the inspurations we currently know of actually do?

Any answers, or just a nod in the right direction would make my day.

- yes

- they cancel each other out. The tier of the affliction/inspiration doesn't matter. Any strength inspiration will remove one strength affliction - and the other way round.

If a debuff like for example "Dull Mindedness" targets a stat directly without using an afflction then it will simply lower the stat and will not remove any inspiration. More active debuffs of the same kind will not stack if they target the same stat: because stacking follows a simple rule:: passives stack, actives not. But if an active buff does +20 accuracy directly and not like Aware inspiration (+5 PER, 50% graze to hit) they stack because it's not the same stat (although PER itself boosts ACC by +5).

But if you want to stack let's say +10 INT from Duality of Mortal Presence (active modal) and +5 INT from an intellect inspiration (also always from an active source like a spell) they won't stack.

But a Helwalker's MIG bonus per wound is passive and thus stacks with a strength inspiration. Same for debuffs.

- they are removing each other.

- lots of stuff - too much to post it here. MaxQuest did a nice table with all the afflctions and inspirations. Let's see if I can find it... brb

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 3 weeks later...

We'll, minor avatar got nerfed to death... I'm seriously considering abandoning this multiclass now.

I'm not sure champions boon and barring deaths door will be enough to pull this off.

It'll be like 8 seconds worth of actions.

Ooooooh!

Nevermind. I completely forgot that inspirations give +5 to stats.

Minor avatar is still bada**.

Whoop whoop!

Exactly, also to be noted inspiration can counter one affliction, so if you have Strong, Fit, Quick, you can not be stunned by one spell, stun and fit will first cancel each other. Then the next stun ability can stun u.

Ooooooh!

Nevermind. I completely forgot that inspirations give +5 to stats.

Minor avatar is still bada**.

Whoop whoop!

Exactly, also to be noted inspiration can counter one affliction, so if you have Strong, Fit, Quick, you can not be stunned by one spell, stun and fit will first cancel each other. Then the next stun ability can stun u.

Wait... Am I misreading this when I say that a single affliction will then cause both inspirations to cancel out?