[BB update 3/BB4] Confounding blind

kmbogd

Question

Not sure if this is working as intended but the stacking penalty on enemy's deflection is not bounded. For example, in the attached image, the enemy reached negative deflection, which to me does not make sense.

post-71826-0-99760200-1522876016_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

In PoE I achieved negative defenses on enemies in an AoE with a barb + dual disorienting weapons before that got nerfed.

But those negative defenses (and also DR) did nothing (internally capped at 0). Just the UI showed the sub-zero values. I guess it's the same here (but don't know - didn't test). You can see what happens if yopu check the actual hit roll in the combat log (hover over the hit and press shift - you can see the resolved roll with the used deflection value).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Also isn't it weird that every time anyone hits the enemy, its deflection gets reduced by 3 (while blinding is active)? Seems quite strong. Maybe they should limit the effect to stacking only 5 times or so? If you have 2 or 3 dual wield characters in the party you can shred even the strongest enemy's deflection to pieces.

Edited by kmbogd

Try to shoot an enemy who's affected by Confounding Blind with dual bluderbusses: instant -30 deflection. Now imagine a Black Jacket/Sharpshooter with 4 weapons sets, Quick Switch and 8 blunderbusses. That's -120 deflection in seconds. Bosses beware!

Also nice synergy: Confounding Bling with rod&Blast (= AoE appliance of Blind) and then using Swift Flurry (additional attacks with crits). At some point, when deflections drops enough, a chain reaction is triggered where the low deflection leads to a lot of crits which trigger additional attacks which also end up as crits which trigger additional ttacks as well and so on...

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods