Backstabbing in Beta 4

So now ranged weapons finally works for backstabbing, but still have two issue:

1) DW, specially light weapons are still inferior for backstabbing, it's weird for rogue to backstabbing someone with big sword;

2) Blunderbuss is useless for backstabbing because now only one attack will work for backstabbing so only the 1st projection of blunderbuss works...

Imo this can be easily fixed by give rogue a time window for backstab to work, for example, every attack within 2 second from invisible will be counted as a backstab attack, problem solved.

• Like 7

Totally agree. Also nice idea - but that makes Full Attacks superior.

In my opinion Backstab should yield the best results with a small (concealable), one handed weapon. Maybe a flat (scaling or upgradeable) bonus would be best (see Soul Annihilation or Envenomed Strike in PoE). Then the weapon wouldn't matter that much.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Totally agree. Also nice idea - but that makes Full Attacks superior.

In my opinion Backstab should yield the best results with a small (concealable), one handed weapon. Maybe a flat (scaling or upgradeable) bonus would be best (see Soul Annihilation or Envenomed Strike in PoE). Then the weapon wouldn't matter that much.

There can be a feature for some light weapon called - suitable for backstabbing, which gives some bonus to acc and damage when backstabbing.

Also the problem of Full attack/primary attack, DW/2H should be discussed seperately imo because that's a different story where 2h is much weaker.

• Like 1

I mean, in real life if you manage to sneak up to someone and cleave them with a two-handed sword, that's going to be way more effective than a tiny dagger :)

This reminds me:

But yea, when I imagine assassin carrying around a giant two-hander to sneak up and backstab people with it I can't help but giggle. Sad giggle when I play POE  :ermm: ...

• Like 4

I mean, in real life if you manage to sneak up to someone and cleave them with a two-handed sword, that's going to be way more effective than a tiny dagger :)

Debateable. First of all you wouldn't be able to conceal a two handed sword. Then the effect of "dagger in the neck" or "great sword through the upper body" is the same: he's dead, Jim.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Debateable. First of all you wouldn't be able to conceal a two handed sword. Then the effect of "dagger in the neck" or "great sword through the upper body" is the same: he's dead, Jim.

you fight dragons and other big stuff in this game too dude

I die in the Dadfire every single day. ;)

Wait till they’re teenagers :(

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Whaaat? Tell me more secrets!

JFK assassinated himself using telekinesis because he found out that be would have nuked the entire planet in 1965.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands