Neverwinter Nights 2: Enhanced Edition

On 6/29/2019 at 3:37 PM, daven said:

Surely they could just make new games in the Forgotten Realms. Instead of BG3, NWN3, Icewind Dale 3 etc, why not Waterdeep?

That's what we need! ...and Eye of the Beholder remaster! 
* Kidding 🤭 , though while in premise this is not bad—in practice, in today's gaming era, under the modern player/dev mentality... it would be painfully wretched.  Like a Fallout 4 derived from Fallout (1) :(; not even close to being a Legend of Grimrock clone— which itself is an EoB / DM clone.

Edited by Gizmo

• 1 year later...

Hello people and dear DnD mates :)

Sorry to bring this topic up again, it may have been upped a bit too much over the years. Somehow, an evidence there is demand.

But I saw on Nexus mods an advertising for Nvidia RTX Remix. I was amazed what is planned with that project and I was wondering two things : Is there anyone else thinking this could 100% fit for an Enhanced Edition of Neverwinter Nights 2 ? Anyone know if it would actually work with NWN2 or would the technology used be different ? Would it even work with our beloved Toolset ? (actually, that were three thingies).

I strongly believe yes in the questions above. I have applied for RTX Remix program and will be actively working on improving what can be improved as soon as I am approved for beta tests (or have to wait for official release).

Somehow, I doubt an official NWN2:EE would ever be published, and I fear I have doubts for a Neverwinter Nights 3 either. And .... Baldur's Gate 3 is already so awesome and planned for being out in just a couple months.

So, as a big fan of NWN 1 & 2, all I can do with my simple resources is working on mods and hopefully publish something that can be used by players one day :)

• 10 months later...

Editor FreshLook on the Vault has been doing some interesting work to enhance the game appearance:

https://forum.neverwintervault.org/t/project-fl/409

This would work with the existing game engine, adding ambient occlusion, ground fog, fixes to transparency, water depth, improved shadows, and multiple light sources for grass. Unfortunately, I think this is a long way from release.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."