Underwhelming Ability/Passives Options @ 2 and 3 PL. Players should choose between which are more awesome not which are less bad!

This is the number one thing, and frankly the only meaningful thing, that has detracted from my leveling experience in the beta so far. I LOVE having to choose between multiple powerful abilities at the higher PL. I HATE choosing between two less bad passive/abilities early in the game. For some of my builds this is not the case but as I've been trying out combination of different characters I consistently find myself with at least one dump ability/passive per a build. I find this almost always occurs within the 2 and 3 PL's. Is moving tough to PL 3 instead of PL 5 going to break the balance? Of course not. But it would at least feel like a more meaningful than taking stride on a Fighter or Rogue who have tons of options to close the distance between themselves and others. I really think the passives or abilities should be moved around to make for fewer dumps on different builds. 

I'm curious if anyone else has had the same feeling? 

Edited by PatrioticChief
  • Like 2

Agreed, going through the beta now on nearly every character, multiple player characters of various class combos and the companions, on more than a few level ups I felt like I was simply doing my best to make good on a bad situation rather than making a meaningful and worthwhile choice. Especially for Multi-Class characters. Never had that feeling before in previous Beta versions. 

• Like 1

Sympathetic to shifting some of the passives around a little, particularly to make multi-class choices more interesting (as these characters spend longer at lower power levels) as long as it doesn't make multi class characters too strong.