15 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Only Monk Fists and the passive ability Monastic Unarmed Training.

i can imagine it work also for summoned weapons ... it would be interesting to be able to made calculation for any summoned weapon like Caedebald's Blackbow to see if it is really interesting...

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

3 minutes ago, fced said:

but i can imagine it work also for summoned weapons ... it would be interesting to be able to made calculation for any summoned weapon like Caedebald's Blackbow to see if it is really interesting...

Heh, sadly not. Summoned Weapons do scale, but not with Power Level. Instead they scale with Character Level, reaching Legendary enchantment level at, iirc, level 17. I remember being very disappointed about this when I discovered it on release.

12 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Heh, sadly not. Summoned Weapons do scale, but not with Power Level. Instead they scale with Character Level, reaching Legendary enchantment level at, iirc, level 17. I remember being very disappointed about this when I discovered it on release.

:(

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2020 at 11:13 PM, JerekKruger said:

I done a little test with Aloth, Fassina, Pallegina arriving to Lv 20, in my first game i was wizard and took Prestige (+1 Power Level), for the wizards i had choice between +1 pen with Elec/corrosive/fire/ice spells, or Prestige (+1 pl with everything) and i tried "prestige" passive to see.
I was very surprised when by the add.
Prestige = +1 Power level = 5-6% of damage + 0.3 penetration. for a tier VII spell (wizard Death ring) or Paladdin Blue flames...
I decided to take something else...
Oups, i didn't summoned the black bow, i wasn't in fight when i done this, i don't remember if it is legendary or not.

Edited by fced

Power Level means (among other useful things like increased ACC, duration and PEN) +5% base damage. That's multiplicative.  It's the reason why low-level abilites like FoD or Crippling Strike stay great throughout the game and work very well with damage bonuses like Sneak Attack and high MIG and such.

It also scales fists (and thus can be important to jump from +legendary to +mythic fists for example - which is a big deal). It also scales projectiles for stuff like missile spells and jumps of Mind Blades and Whispers of the Winf or Old Nary's Curse.

Prestige is nearly always the best passive pick if you are using some damaging abilites. Especially if you can stack a few more PL bonuses on top of it to reach certain thresholds.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 3/29/2020 at 10:02 AM, Boeroer said:

Power Level means (among other useful things like increased ACC, duration and PEN) +5% base damage. That's multiplicative.  It's the reason why low-level abilites like FoD or Crippling Strike stay great throughout the game and work very well with damage bonuses like Sneak Attack and high MIG and such.

It also scales fists (and thus can be important to jump from +legendary to +mythic fists for example - which is a big deal). It also scales projectiles for stuff like missile spells and jumps of Mind Blades and Whispers of the Winf or Old Nary's Curse.

Prestige is nearly always the best passive pick if you are using some damaging abilites. Especially if you can stack a few more PL bonuses on top of it to reach certain thresholds.

Apparently only Monks fists get rewarded by "Prestige" passive, other summoned weapons, and creatures (except chanter summoned weapons may be) don't take Power level in count (only summoner level)... I asked if wizard summons like "Black Bow of Caedebald" take power level in count, and JerekKruger negatively... Anyway, not my team is lv 4, i am far from this... I remember for Fassina, I prefered get +1 penetration for her corrosive spells...

Edited by fced

That is correct. Summoned weapons, summons and even the Animal Companion do not scale their values with Power Level but character level. I have no idea why, but it is like that. The only "weapons" that use PL progression are Monastic Unarmed Training and Transcendent Suffering. 

The only thing about summons and summoned weapons like the Blackbow that does scale with Power Level is their summoning duration.

Frankly I just forgot that you had specifically asked about the Blackbow in combination with Power Level - sorry. 🥴 My in-length response around Power Level was meant more general.

So while Prestige can be a very useful passive it doesn't do much for your summoned weapons and thus wouldn't be very impactful for Caedebald's Blackbow - you are right. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods