Attacking issue

normaloy

Question

Hi.

I have a problem with attack comand,i tried to find a solution in forum but i couldnt find any, all i could find was a post from "viruk1" who had the same problem in pillars 1.

i copied paste his discription cause i couldnt find better words to explain it :) my english are not very good :)

i also tried the solution resetting controls etc etc but it didnt work for me and i also dont have any mouse or keyboard aplications installed.

"Whenever I select an enemy to attack, my character performs a walk action to the target instead. If I don't have AI turned on, my character just walks up and stop in front of the enemy and not attack. 

This occurs with a character that has a ranged weapon equipped also, instead of attacking the enemy (that's within range) the order becomes a movement action instead. Eg. I select an enemy to attack, my ranged character walks right next to the enemy and just stands there. It will attack the enemy if I set the AI to be defensive etc. but only after walking right up to the enemy."

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

I had a similar problem in beta2.

Resetting hotkeys to default values helped back then.

P.S. A partially related question: how do I attack a friendly target with a regular auto-attack?

At the moment I can do it with a special ability, but how to do it with a simple attack?

For example I have a paladin with Aegis of Loyalty, but don't want to waste FoD and deal extra damage to an ally.

P.S. A partially related question: how do I attack a friendly target with a regular auto-attack?

At the moment I can do it with a special ability, but how to do it with a simple attack?

For example I have a paladin with Aegis of Loyalty, but don't want to waste FoD and deal extra damage to an ally.

gujtRZW.jpg

There is also a shortcut for it in control options to be set up for an easy access.

• Like 1