Deadfire Dev Q&A, April 2nd!

Can we see (or hear) something more about the music of the game? Soundtrack is an important aspect and we need more updates about Justin.

We're supposed to get more information on the audio of the game in Update #46.

ETA: Soon™.

As we said during the stream, the audio update is being postponed to Update 47 since Justin Bell had a child around the original time of filming. Update 46 will be out soon, though!

• Like 9

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

So has anybody watched this closely enough to determine what the abilities associated with Xoti and Tekehu's unique subclasses are? 

I've seen that he's able to summon a water tentacle at first lvl of druid magic (don't think that it was in PoE) and also he's able to shapechange into a hammerhead shark (which is great, one of my most favourite animals). Rest of his spells looked like a standard druid set to me. And also he wasn't shown as much as Eder or PC Wizard. :)

Impressive

Looks like all questions from this this tread have been answered

Except mine, because it falls under the category of "Secret Design Doc Lore Bible" material.

Nor mine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there has been little explanation by the devs concerning weapon proficiencies

• Like 1

watched the stream. have a couple of question. 1st would be the tooltip stats information when hovering through monsters. dont quite like the yellowish gradient. anyway to change that color? another would be combat. based on latest beta, does every combat plays the same? i mean using the same tactics over and over again. hoping it's not. another thing would be takehu's shark shape-shifting. looks pretty much like any pillars 1 shape-shifting cookie-cutter. would they be putting more effort in making these shape-shifting animations and design better?

Edited by Archaven

When is Deadfire going to be able to be downloaded? I'm playing PoE 1 and love it, I see that it said Deafire was free to download on Steam, I'm guessing because I bought PoE 1.

I think that is the free Deadfire DLC (it brings some portraits from PoE2 and a merchant at Anslög's Compass that you can buy some new stuff from) - it is not the full sequal (or a real expansion for that matter).

I'm hoping the Deadfire expansion will flow seamlessly into PoE1. Or is it to flow into PoE2?

No - see above.

Is the ability to retain soulbound items allowed in Deadfire from PoE1?

No, we lose all of our stuff, including all of our soulbound items.

• Like 1