PoE1 version Scion of flame VS DF one

Ah, that sucks. Gotta test whether Firebrand and Wildstrike have the keywords.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

That’s pretty bad.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

FoD has it. Bleak Walker's FoD even has Fire, Acid and can get +2 PEN from Scion of Flame + Spirit of Decay.

I know of no other ability which has two or even three elemental keywords, but maybe there are some. Kalakoth's Minor Blights won't work I guess.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Do the Deadfire element-bonus talents affect Damage-over-Time abilities? 

If they've tied this clearly to the keyword system, then I might prefer Deadfire's.  Clarity is good, and, conceptually, it never made much sense that a character Talent made flaming swords more flaming.  How many posts have we seen on forums like these asking about the scope of these abilities, often getting surprising answers (such as with DoTs, as mentioned above)? 

While it is certainly true that a narrower scope makes the ability less advantageous to the player, I have to assume (at this point) that effort has been put into balancing abilities against each other. 

• Like 1

How many posts have we seen on forums like these asking about the scope of these abilities, often getting surprising answers (such as with DoTs, as mentioned above)? 

DOTs were only surprising because of a bug. They were boosted by ele talents by design which is not suprising at all.

Vancian =/= per rest.

Kalakoth's Minor Blights won't work I guess.

Another major bummer. This has to be an oversight or a huge chunk of these talents' appeal is out the window.

There is definitely a problem with Stacking Rules and extended concept of logic.

In short, i there is a source of fire damage, +1 penetration is possible with scion of flame. It is logic. Nobody will understand if there are "exceptions".

to shorten the possibilities in a deliberate way with Stacking rules is one thing, not to respect the rules that one has to fix oneself is another.

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 2

How many posts have we seen on forums like these asking about the scope of these abilities, often getting surprising answers (such as with DoTs, as mentioned above)?

DOTs were only surprising because of a bug. They were boosted by ele talents by design which is not suprising at all.

Eh? DoTs don't profit from elemental talents in PoE. Nor do they from crit damage bonus like Merciless Hand or hater talents like Wilder Hunter. If that's intended or not is still a mystery.

Edited by Boeroer

Kalakoth's Minor Blights won't work I guess.

Another major bummer. This has to be an oversight or a huge chunk of these talents' appeal is out the window.

I didn't test it. Just a guess.

I like the Keyword use with abilities, makes things transparent. However, as noted above by others +1 penetration makes it difficult for players to see and judge the impact of during play. I think it might be better to give a small % damage increase, similar to Pillars of Eternity.

Also thumbs up for adding more passive abilities and giving players more options on how to build their charcters! :)

I honestly think they should be buffed to +2. There are generalist talents that buff all weapon attacks or all spell attacks by +1. +1 to a specific element is.... limiting and not worth it. That been said, multi element attacks should benefit from only one of these bonuses.