So that first Engwithan Titan fight got _really_ hard (impossible?) on Path of the Damned with latest BB update

thelee

Did the fight twice with 2 different parties on veteran now.
I pulled titan away, so the Blight spawn won't kill me.

Titan itself is quite easy he's slow, can be kited or interupted (but player need to micro a bit, which is good)

Blights are really bad though, Best thing so far was to nuke them with Fury Druid, they seem to be weak to ligtning (not sure why lore wise, what issue has sand with ligthning? )

But they can insta-wipe you if they cast 3+ sicoros on your party at the same time, that ability is really nasty.

It's definitelly harder tham most fights i did in POE1:POTD, and I did only veteran in the beta. (due to sicoro)
I kinda liked it honestly, but not sure what general players would say (those who don't like to micro and repeat failed fights), was kinda dark souly experience, wiped quite a few times, before getting it right.

• Like 1

Ok, so there is one thing that really bothers me about siccoro - it has been bothering me since beta1 but here it’s more of an issue, as 3 of those at once aren’t tankable:

It’s really difficult to spot it. It’s blends with environment way to well, and I have great difficulty seeing what range it has, where is it and how far is need to move to avoid it. Naturally I see when I get triple damage but once I leave a radious I would prefer not to run back, but I really can’t tell where it is most of the time.

• Like 7

Ok, so there is one thing that really bothers me about siccoro - it has been bothering me since beta1 but here it’s more of an issue, as 3 of those at once aren’t tankable:

It’s really difficult to spot it. It’s blends with environment way to well, and I have great difficulty seeing what range it has, where is it and how far is need to move to avoid it. Naturally I see when I get triple damage but once I leave a radious I would prefer not to run back, but I really can’t tell where it is most of the time.

I filed a bug way back in BB1 about this, but I'm guessing it didn't get much prioritization. I'm fine with "zoning-out" area of effect abilities, but boy does it need to be properly signalled to players.

Very good point. I'd report this in the bug subforum, at least as feedback.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Right. Dark Souls. :fdevil: That's what I had in mind; from its reputation. Not something I would buy but I know some like it. Hey, live and let die.

Did the fight twice with 2 different parties on veteran now.
I pulled titan away, so the Blight spawn won't kill me.

Titan itself is quite easy he's slow, can be kited or interupted (but player need to micro a bit, which is good)

Blights are really bad though, Best thing so far was to nuke them with Fury Druid, they seem to be weak to ligtning (not sure why lore wise, what issue has sand with ligthning? )

But they can insta-wipe you if they cast 3+ sicoros on your party at the same time, that ability is really nasty.

It's definitelly harder tham most fights i did in POE1:POTD, and I did only veteran in the beta. (due to sicoro)
I kinda liked it honestly, but not sure what general players would say (those who don't like to micro and repeat failed fights), was kinda dark souly experience, wiped quite a few times, before getting it right.

Good way to deal with the Greater Blights is the wizard spell that terrifies. They can't cast sicoros when terrified. But still together with the Titan those 3 Greater Blights with sicoro are rather difficult to deal with.

Then again maybe on Veteran you are supposed to pull the Titan away from the spawn by design, who knows, what devs had in mind.

Good way to deal with the Greater Blights is the wizard spell that terrifies. They can't cast sicoros when terrified. But still together with the Titan those 3 Greater Blights with sicoro are rather difficult to deal with.

Then again maybe on Veteran you are supposed to pull the Titan away from the spawn by design, who knows, what devs had in mind.

To be honest your wizard spell is slower than sicoros. And they stand pretty spare for you to hit 4 with one spell. 

Did you try this? MaxQuest I think tried this with no luck (a bug).

Good way to deal with the Greater Blights is the wizard spell that terrifies. They can't cast sicoros when terrified.

According to Terrified description they shouldn't. But in current beta they still can: image

I have filled a bug report here.

To be honest your wizard spell is slower than sicoros. And they stand pretty spare for you to hit 4 with one spell.

One can cast Repulsive Vissage rigth before they spawn. Since Vissage ticks every 3s it's not hard to afflict them all, or almost all. Edited by MaxQuest