Path through the beta?

Keyseki

I recently joined the beta, and at a good time it seems with the new update. I’m having some difficulty with the correct «path» to take. Do you have a certain order you do things in? I feel I’m being pushed towards Poko Kohara, although the titan is over my level. Should I do other stuff first, or is the red sword with 3 skulls just a «boss» tag? I would really like to hear your thoughts on what route you take.

First I do the koiki thief quest, then the lagufaeth hunt, then I go to the island with the shipwrecked cannibals, and then I go to poko kohara. 

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt 

I didn't play this beta in its entirety. I heard Titan got some buff. In past playthroughs I went:

fruit thief>least experienced ship>storm>cannibals>ship near city>Leng

Fruit thief is a quest you can get in the city. On path between beach and upper level there is a man tied to a pole being sentenced. Cannibals can be found on an island to the north. 

I basically first do the Koiki Fruit quest, which you can get from an NPC in Tikiwara. Then I leave Tikiwara on foot and do the Lagufaeth quest. Finishing that I have enough xp to level up and finish the other encounters on Tikiwara. Then I leave the island by ship and do a little exploring and ship combat. Explore the map and you will eventually find the Cannibal island (which is not a quest). After that I go to Poko Kahara. Hope this helps!

Edited by Chariot7

Has Giordu Red-Handed been bugged before? (cannibal island dwarf you rescue) no option for me to recruit him. He just keeps asking if i want him to join.

In previous versions he was bugged but in a different way - he would give you his cloak but cloak never appeared in your inventory.

In previous build you crew was hard locked - there was no way of loosing additional crew members. Once you solve the quest with storms, Vektor offers to join your crew as well, though it was never possible to do so. It might be the same case with the cannibal guy - it will be there in full game, but not in beta. Afterall crew you get is enough to complete all the ship content.