What did you do today?

Blarghagh

Oh, so "purple" is a brand. Gotcha.

I won't lie, that looks like one comfy mattress.

EDIT: Also this:

Due to its unique design, Purple technology is able to isolate and dramatically reduce motion transfer from whomever, or whatever is in bed with you.

Wut

Edited by Skazz

Sure. I let my dog sleep on the bed, too. Still, I'd count him in the "whomever" category of sleepers.

The "whatever" part makes the mattress sound somewhat... unsettling.

Edited by Skazz

Not a Io Shirai pillow?

They probably sell them in Japan, I mean, it's Japan, but I've been unable to find any online, otherwise I'd have several.  :brows:

As an aside, she recently signed with WWE and will presumably be stateside and on TV over here in the near future.  My stalking totally respectful and not in any way creepy fandom is about to get that much easier.  :w00t:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Not a Io Shirai pillow?

They probably sell them in Japan, I mean, it's Japan, but I've been unable to find any online, otherwise I'd have several.  :brows:

Seeing how she's making a move to WWE, they'll probably start selling them in the US too. :brows:

• Like 1

Plenty of people who let their pets sleep on the bed. ;)

Or waifu pillows

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I woke up at four in the morning today. Don't know why. Just a sense that something was wrong. I walked around, looked outside, didn't see anything. So I made a cup of coffee and played Stellaris until just before sunrise. I sat on the tailgate of my truck with more coffee to watch the sun come up. I had the feeling I was being watched. In front of the treeline where the creek runs were three coyotes just sitting and watching me. There were about 50-60 meters away. It was pretty cool. Of course I didn't have my phone or a camera with me. if i did they would be nowhere to be found. You know how that works. When I got they fled. 

So I went over the the chicken pen to feed them and i noticed coyote tracks all around it. I guess that was why I felt something was wrong. Well, good luck to them. I built that pen with coyotes in mind. 

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So I went over the the chicken pen to feed them and i noticed coyote tracks all around it. I guess that was why I felt something was wrong. Well, good luck to them. I built that pen with coyotes in mind. 

I feel like you have achieved the perfect synergy with your chosen username.

There is actually a story behind my user name. It goes back to the BIS days. I was using a different name back then. Anyway I don't remember why they did this but the Black Isle guys named a few characters in game after board members. Gromnir was the most notable because he's the only one still around. There were others. It turned into a real "thing" as you might expect. A lot of flames over that. Now fast forward five years and the scene to the Bioware Boards when NWN came out. There were a lot of folks from BIS (and here like Volo, Grom, Dark Raven, Boo, Darque, Hades, and many others) posting there and Bioware did it again naming a character in SoA after one of the board mods. Well, that threw a lit torch in the haybarn all over again.

I thought the whole thing was just hilarious so I went through NWN looking for the name of a recognizable but completely unimportant character to make my screen name and claim they named it after me as a joke. But, if you ever played NWN you'd know the unimportant characters don't have names. They were "prisoner" or "shopkeeper" and stuff. But I found one, right outside the Shining Knight weapons store in the Neverwinter city core. A guard dog that just stood there and didn't do much but bark. Fourteen years later... still using it. 

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

There is actually a story behind my user name. It goes back to the BIS days. I was using a different name back then. Anyway I don't remember why they did this but the Black Isle guys named a few characters in game after board members. Gromnir was the most notable because he's the only one still around. There were others. It turned into a real "thing" as you might expect. A lot of flames over that. Now fast forward five years and the scene to the Bioware Boards when NWN came out. There were a lot of folks from BIS (and here like Volo, Grom, Dark Raven, Boo, Darque, Hades, and many others) posting there and Bioware did it again naming a character in SoA after one of the board mods. Well, that threw a lit torch in the haybarn all over again.

I thought the whole thing was just hilarious so I went through NWN looking for the name of a recognizable but completely unimportant character to make my screen name and claim they named it after me as a joke. But, if you ever played NWN you'd know the unimportant characters don't have names. They were "prisoner" or "shopkeeper" and stuff. But I found one, right outside the Shining Knight weapons store in the Neverwinter city core. A guard dog that just stood there and didn't do much but bark. Fourteen years later... still using it.

I remember that dog, surprisingly. It's funny how seemingly totally incidental occurrences can play such large roles in our identities and life courses. A username is a smaller one such of those occurrences, but the realization that such chance events can do so much is difficult to comprehend at times.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm curious. Why would naming NPCs after forum members be a controversial thing?

Perceived favoritism, maybe. I just chose mine from 40k as I needed a name for this alt

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Everything was controversial back then. That was a contentious bunch back in those days. As for that guard dog it had a special place in my heart already. My preferred character type was druids and rangers. So the first thing I'd do is go charm him and take him with me into the prison. I was always looking to see how long I could keep him.

Thomas Sowell

I went on a run with a group this morning and ended up with 14 miles. That is my longest by far. Everything hurts now, but I think I will survive. It was a beautiful run though, we ended up out by a reservior and run under some good tree canopies.

• Like 3

Everything was controversial back then. That was a contentious bunch back in those days. As for that guard dog it had a special place in my heart already. My preferred character type was druids and rangers. So the first thing I'd do is go charm him and take him with me into the prison. I was always looking to see how long I could keep him.

...and some things would probably be controversial now. I remember when the powers that were at the BIS board gave Caelis the title "Pink Islander", that'd be liable to cause a Twatter ****storm abous cis something something homophobia something these days.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Perceived favoritism, maybe. I just chose mine from 40k as I needed a name for this alt

If this is an alt... then who is the main?

dun duuuun duuuuuuuuun

:lol:  Don't you know there are only like 5 actual people who post here!

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell