What did you do today?

Blarghagh

What a waste of a weekend. Did nothing useful. Too much heat. Depression is f'ng me up again. Did some minor working out, but nothing super serious. It's bit weird feeling anticipation to go back to work the next day.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

What a waste of a weekend. Did nothing useful. Too much heat. Depression is f'ng me up again. Did some minor working out, but nothing super serious. It's bit weird feeling anticipation to go back to work the next day.

I feel for you. For me, depression always has a way of reducing any extended period of free time into an exercise in counting hours until work.

Here’s hoping your next week will be at least slightly brighter.

Edited by Skazz

I'm in London for a college class. Getting annoyed at my fellow classmates already though. I just really hate drinking and shopping, and thats all these guys want to do outside of class. Anyone got some interesting places to go in the next to weeks that are not super touristy?

many museums don’t charge entry; so you can try around, see if any particular one suits you. Many are quite large as well... could spend literal days in the natural history for example, if that’s your thing.
  • Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Staying in a hotel that is basically a huge log cabin while visiting friends in the mountains near Vail. They just had a baby so we came to pay our respects or whatever you call it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqO0-fwTsEc

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm attending a Memorial Day service at the VFW in a few hours. I hate dressing up but I'm not buying on of those "uniforms" they like to sell there. When I turned my rifle in I was done with uniforms too.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm attending a Memorial Day service at the VFW in a few hours. I hate dressing up but I'm not buying on of those "uniforms" they like to sell there. When I turned my rifle in I was done with uniforms too.

It's understandable. 

I know that there are many soldiers who are so done with war that they're anti-war.

Hell, if I'm not mistaken, many vets voted for Gary Johnson and William Weld because they were anti-interventionist.

Compare that to Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, who are both warmongers.

Edited by Gritino
  • Like 1

Went back to work after 4 weeks off, and for the first time in 4 weeks there was rainfall. It's been 4 weeks of 25C+ until today. XD

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's understandable. 

I know that there are many soldiers who are so done with war that they're anti-war.

Hell, if I'm not mistaken, many vets voted for Gary Johnson and William Weld because they were anti-interventionist.

We're going to get along well Gritino. Just a feeling. 

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

It's understandable. 

We're going to get along well Gritino. Just a feeling. 

I think so too.

Frankly, I never believe what the mainstream media tells me. They lie about America's "enemies" and they don't even bother with the anti-interventionist crowd anymore. So much for being fair and balanced. They've convinced a huge swath of people that Russia either "hacked" or influenced the elections and that Assad created those chemical attacks without any evidence. It's "weapons of mass destruction" all over again. And somehow Obama was supposed to be the "anti-war" candidate, even when he turned Libya into a hellhole. You can't trust these politicians. They speak in lies.

Edit: I should keep this in the politics thread though.

Edited by Gritino

My knees had a falling out with me over the weekend. Guess I've been sitting at the desk too much the past couple months, hah.

Two skinny heating pads wrapped around ... ahhh, that's better. I need that hottub we always keep talking about maybe sticking on the patio. Tell my hubby to get on that for me, will ya? ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think I might have solved an issue at work that's been hounding me for the better part of two weeks now. It still depends on an external factor (meh, the customer) and might fail due to that, but it is a simple and elegant solution, and the alternative is to call off the entire project. I'm cautiously optimistic that neither side wants that.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Last Wednesday I basically scrapped the new writing project I'd been working on for a month and a half. I put it back on track, focused on the tone I was aiming for, made an outline to keep me from wandering off again, and in the past 3 days alone I've written about half of what was lost and had a blast doing it.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I finished the tutorial in Americal Truck Simulator today.  Achievement Unlocked "Licensed Professional".  :dancing:

• Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

No videos, but if anyone is planning on watching 'The Wizard of Oz' in your own country/city, I can warmly recommend it. It was a fantastic performance.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I finished the tutorial in Americal Truck Simulator today.  Achievement Unlocked "Licensed Professional".  :dancing:

Congratulations! :)

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I've spent the last week pretty much unwinding after wrapping up the university stuff. Now it's that pause for final grades and formal graduation in July.

Got caught up on stories on WuxiaWorld, so wasting many, maaaany hours reading.

Keep meaning to get back into playing Deadfire, but the reading distracts me, and I'm actually tempted to just wait till the dlc is out in September before properly getting back into it.

Still, getting the mental reserves back into order and I should start prepping to do the job hunt soon...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Left something in the oven and fell asleep. Still alive my place didn't burn down, but now it smells like soot everywhere. I have to wash off every surface.  This must be what non smokers go through on a regular basis. 

That is scary!