What did you do today?

Blarghagh

Bioware romances for the win. :p

Grats Gorth. :)

I didn't even think about that connection! :lol:

Thanks Mate :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have roughly 5 acres cleared for a garden. 20k square meters give or take. Not all of it is planted though. Maybe about 75% of it. I ran out of seed before I ran out of space back in March. The carrots and black eyed peas are the early pick. The rest has a ways to go yet. I'll wait a few more weeks to see f they give me any late pods then clear the plants and turn the soil and let it rest before the fall plant. It costs about $50 per acre to fertilize it twice and apply insecticide. It's pretty labor intensive especially since I'm working alone. If I had to put a dollar value on my time this would be a losing business for sure. But having a pantry full of fresh vegetables is it's own reward. There is over an acre of watermelons that will be ready in mid June. Those you can make a little bit of money on. The farmers market sells them for $5 each so they will buy them from private growers for $2.50-$3 a piece.

Looking out the window at the two hectare field outside my window, your back has my full sympathies. :)

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Have my presentation of my research paper today.

Deciding how OTT to do the "dress up more smartly than casual student outfit" comment we were all given.

Suited and booted yes, but.. hm. checking the weather. Maybe waistcoat and pocketwatch. Possibly two-tone shoes or the snakeskin cowboy boots. Maybe even a cravat instead of a tie....

Sometimes you just have to find the incredibly silly options to help you through the day....  :-

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Went to a kava bar then to several restaurants downtown for a tasting tour. Finished up at a Russian bar and went home.

The Lakers beat the Supersonics

So... are those events connected?

Edited by Skazz

Welcome back Gorth! I see you put your time away to good use. Best of luck with it!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Went to a kava bar then to several restaurants downtown for a tasting tour. Finished up at a Russian bar and went home.

The Lakers beat the Supersonics

Did anyone say Shady's a pimp?

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was thinking about how much Im going to play the **** out of PoE2 tonight and accidentally came back to these forums for the first time in years!

• Like 5

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I was thinking about how much Im going to play the **** out of PoE2 tonight and accidentally came back to these forums for the first time in years!

What the hell are you doing here was going to be my question. Instead, it is whether you are still Swedish.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Inspired by Shady's post I was listening to Ice Cube. Coworker decided take my USB headset out for a call while I was out, so the audio reverted to the speakers on the monitors, so the office got 30 seconds of "Good Cop, bad Cop" :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Inspired by Shady's post I was listening to Ice Cube. Coworker decided take my USB headset out for a call while I was out, so the audio reverted to the speakers on the monitors, so the office got 30 seconds of "Good Cop, bad Cop" :lol:

I still want to know whether ShadySands' tasting tour downtown was somehow involved in Lakers winning!

I need some answers, damn it!

• Like 1

I posted the song to the music thread

The SuperSonics don't even exist anymore. They've been the Thunder for about a decade now.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

...are Vancouver Grizzlies still a thing at least?

What the hell are you doing here was going to be my question. Instead, it is whether you are still Swedish.

I am still technicly a swedish boy in sweden, but I self-identify as an Australian potato. "Brude the Spud" is my real soulname  :shifty:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I am still technicly a swedish boy in sweden

A crime against humanity! :*

Edit: For the uninitiated, being an ethnic Dane, I'm genetically disposed towards mocking out Swedish cousins.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Waiting for the technician to bring me my TV.

I am also spending some quality time with my cats! Man, I love my little fleabags...just look at them:

• Like 3

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Summer's around the corner which means ... I eat too much and gain a little weight back (yearly 5-8lb yo-yo). Mildly cooler/darker weather makes me lose appetite, while mildly warmer weather and longer daylight makes me want to eat chocolate, ice cream, BBQ's, deli sandwiches, munchies-food in general.

*shakes fist*

*goes for a walk*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

waiting for puppy to finally tire..so can put her to bed . Then continue my marathon of watching Hitchcok Present !  :yes:

• Like 3
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I don't know how i got that habit but lately i catch myself unconsciously chewing on my tongue

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Wrapped up all the university work, so that's now done for the year.  Just have that pause to wait for my actual results, and then the graduation ceremony in June/July some time.

Should probably start applying for jobs, but eh, I  think I'm going to take a week or two to just unwind.

I have picked up a 20 year old bottle of port and a couple of Arturo Fuente Anejo "Shark" 77's, juggling the decision of whether to pre-emptively celebrate now or wait till I'm sure.. ;)

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I have my first Triathlon this weekend. I'm pretty anxious. I know I've done a lot of training, but it will still be my first open water swim. This is a pretty popular event, so I have no illusions about getting on the podium, but I do hope I hit my personal time goals. My runs have been strong lately, so it will be interesting to see if I can manage a 7:30/mile pace after the swim and bike. It's a 5-mile run. 

Did I post a pic of my transition area from my last race? That was in March, hopefully I've gotten better on the bike since then. But that had no swim, so I'm adding a wetsuit to the mix. :)

29313911_10211629030506023_3260841979755

• Like 3