What did you do today?

Blarghagh

Blog away, my friends. Last posts:

Backed some stuff up to free space on my hard disk. Wound up finding some old stuff from a little after Interplay shut down and we were scattered in the wind like so many brown leaves.

Figured some of these might get a chuckle or two from the oldies (except maybe tarna's card, that one is sad now. :(). Lord Tingeling made them back in 2004...

Will have to double post because the file attachment limit is still 1 MB. That's also pretty 2004. ;)

Here we go. :)

Been taking my bloopressure regularly for a few months now, varying medicines and diet and it seems that no matter what I do my bloodpressure remains between 170-160/110-100 on the mornings. Going to talk to my doctor next week and ask her if I can try to stop taking the meds for a few days and see what happens with the pressure. Starting to think I'm doing something wrong when measuring.

This easter weekend some of the friends from the original pnp group I started out with decided that, **** it, we haven't really seen each other for months and we haven't played together for years, so we got together for three days of rpgs and beer. It's awesome. We're playing off eachother like we haven't missed a day since then! :)

EDIT: Hey majestic, I can't get your attachments onto this for some reason, board's not working with me. Can you repost them?

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 8

merry april fools' easter everyone

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I won the lottery!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Gosh, isn't your tower by Mount Doom wealth enough? Leave some for the rest of us!

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Well, just finished seasoning a leg of lamb for Easter Sunday dinner, it's sizzling away merrily in the oven, now I have to sort out the intonation on a guitaI r that's become a bit problematic after changing the string guage. Later we will go down country to visit my wife's parents, who have a sheep farm and watch the kids pigging out on Easter eggs donated by their doting grandparents, then contend with the aftermath of a glorious sugar high all the way home, where I will sooth my sorrows with a bottle of Barossa Shiraz.

Happy Easter all! :)

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Gosh, isn't your tower by Mount Doom wealth enough? Leave some for the rest of us!

Just wait until you see this cool ring I'm having made! Total custom job. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The fam is coming over for Easter lunch / dinner. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate hosting parties?

Want to borrow my ring?

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Heh I don't mind people, I mind the people gathering at my house. :lol: Too much work! Id much rather be the one to pop in, hang out for a few hours, and then cruise home.

Why did you agree to them coming over then ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I spent the day reading a book by the river with Sunny. A perfect afternoon. 

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

Why did you agree to them coming over then ? :p

It was our turn in the rotation. :(

But! A good time was had by all. My wife knocked it out of the park with dinner and the conversations flowed. In the background was playing Guardians of the Galaxy 2 so I kinda half listened half watched that too. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

...Uh, wouldn't they literally be cost-effective if you plan to live in your house for that amount of time, though? :p

Good luck with the moving, Hurlshot.

Yikes! Those will only take about a decade to pay for themselves. Sexy, but not cost effective for me.

It is a brand new complex, so I imagine it is easier just to start with them than tear up an old roof and swap it out.

Really you would be better off having large capacity batteries on the roof. Power costs much more at peak hours and much less in the middle of the day, the difference will net you more than a solar panel.

They do feed into a battery, usually in your garage, or you can sell it back to the grid. And they have a "lifetime" warranty. But the problems are: ridiculously high up-front costs (maybe 3x normal roofing), theres no such thing as a solar panel (or storage battery) that doesn't degrade over time and the "lifetime" warranty does not include installation labor, which is significantly more difficult than normal roofing installation.

Whats making you lean that way instead of condo living?

Wife wants a yard for the dogs and distance from neighbors

Also, potentially need more space for her parents and/or maybe/maybe not kids

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/05/why-nearly-100-people-toured-one-denver-home-in-three-days.html

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21