Politics Thread: Edge of Seventeen

Blarghagh

This is your place to talk about the latest political kerfuffle.

Remember, even if you hate each other('s side or candidate), let's tackle the ball instead of the player. Insult Killary or Drumpf all you want, but your fellow member's moms are off limits.

Check the forum guidelines here if you're in doubt: https://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Also, in case it's unclear:

THE EDIT BUTTON EXISTS FOR A REASON. USE IT.

The last discussion point was regarding this headline:

Russia, in spy rift riposte, expels 59 diplomats from 23 countries.

With Zoraptor clarifying:

Or for those who only read the headlines, 142 total diplomats expelled plus quite a few more Brits to reduce their diplomatic staffing to the same levels as those of Russia in the UK. The number of extra Brits isn't anywhere near the 755 extra americans kicked last time, but it adds considerably to the 23 formally expelled.

We ain't kicked any Russians because they don't have any spies here, which generated some amusing headlines overseas. More realistically, we didn't kick anyone because when French agents outright murdered an NZ citizen Thatcher told us to harden up and endorsed French sanctions on us, and memories for such things are rather long here especially in the Labour Party.

Carry on.

• Like 6

Wow, it seems every time I find out something new about Thatcher it makes her look like ****.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

This is your place to talk about the latest political kerfuffle.Remember, even if you hate each other('s side or candidate), let's tackle the ball instead of the player. Insult Killary or Drumpf all you want, but your fellow member's moms are off limits.

What if Barron starts playing Storm of Zehir, and ends up joining the forum? We'll be stuck in quite a conundrum.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

This is your place to talk about the latest political kerfuffle.Remember, even if you hate each other('s side or candidate), let's tackle the ball instead of the player. Insult Killary or Drumpf all you want, but your fellow member's moms are off limits.

What if Barron starts playing Storm of Zehir, and ends up joining the forum? We'll be stuck in quite a conundrum.

You can ban him for being underage.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Holy Crap!

29744548_2045174262407944_54158055103159

The Donald Trump Presidency has been revealed to be a reality TV Show. "The ratings are not what we hoped they would be" The President was quoted as saying. "It's time to move on to other projects"

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Of all the fake headline sites I've seen that one is the best: http://breakyourownnews.com/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The Donald Trump Presidency has been revealed to be a reality TV Show. "The ratings are not what we hoped they would be" The President was quoted as saying. "It's time to move on to other projects"

"It has been a fantastic Presidency. Really, really great."

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"Many people say we've done better than...anyone else! Many people. So many people."

I have to remember some of his lines as I try to BS my way through my end of year reviews.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Many people say we've done better than...anyone else! Many people. So many people."I have to remember some of his lines as I try to BS my way through my end of year reviews.

Just say everything is great any call anyone who says otherwise a name like lying ted.

Trump cannot resign. His ego does not allow it.

Why the **** would he resign? Do you know that online betting in my country already have odds who might be next president after next elections? Trump is crystal clear best in odds of course when the elections come there can rise serious challenges but for now none.

I am more interested in this Draama with Northkorea... if Northkorea signs official peace treaty with SouthKorea (technically they are still at war and no peace treaty was signed) that would be nice but not enough. Enough if there is proof all of their nuclear weapon program/project is down. I do also hope USA does not pay huge amount of money to NorthKorea and trust them to be good boys.

Edited by Terminator

Holy Crap!

29744548_2045174262407944_54158055103159

Source what? Bulls*** CNN? I dont give a s*** about CNN.

Of course everything is in theory possible but I only believe if it would really happen and I would not understand why.

A president can resign of course if there are really serious health issues for example a deadly disease and in that case vice president can take over.

I have been in hospital with airgas mask when I got pigflue H1N1... if I would have been the president and it is not certain that I make it they certainly contact the vice president. Of course also temporary serious sickness in intensive hospital care makes at least for temporary arrangements.

Edited by Terminator

Nobody tell him.

Since you don't want to debate with me again I guess.

This Democrats vs Rebublicans party I feel neutral to since I am in Europe. USA people decide who is in power with elections. I do also want the best future for American people. I do know that Trump is Republician and everyone knows what CNN stands for not Republicians and CNN is very biased and not a neutral news source.

However this concept Democrats vs Republicians that I live to the American people to vote for.

Edited by Terminator

Nobody tell him.

Since you don't want to debate with me again I guess.

This Democrats vs Rebublicans party I feel neutral to since I am in Europe. USA people decide who is in power with elections. I do also want the best future for American people. I do know that Trump is Republician and everyone knows what CNN stands for not Republicians and CNN is very biased and not a neutral news source.

However this concept Democrats vs Republicians that I live to the American people to vote for.

I was going to explain it, but...nah

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dates matter

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Saudi crown prince says Israelis, Palestinians both have 'right to have their own land'

Saudi Arabia's young crown prince said in an interview published Monday that Israelis, alongside Palestinians, "have the right to have their own land," seemingly opening the door to the possibility of an eventual normalization of ties with Israel.

Mohammed bin Salman, the 32-year-old heir to the Saudi throne, told the Atlantic magazine that any Mideast peace agreement would need to address the fate of Islam's third-holiest site, which is located in Jerusalem, and ensure "the rights of the Palestinian people." Even so, his comments appeared to mark a break with the public posture adopted by most Arab leaders.

Two Arab countries, Jordan and Egypt, have peace treaties with Israel, but most Arab countries, including Saudi Arabia, do not recognize Israel. However, there have been recent signs of a warming between Israel and the conservative kingdom, whose aging monarch, King Salman, has already handled many leadership responsibilities over to the crown prince.
Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Saudi crown prince says Israelis, Palestinians both have 'right to have their own land'

Saudi Arabia's young crown prince said in an interview published Monday that Israelis, alongside Palestinians, "have the right to have their own land," seemingly opening the door to the possibility of an eventual normalization of ties with Israel.

Mohammed bin Salman, the 32-year-old heir to the Saudi throne, told the Atlantic magazine that any Mideast peace agreement would need to address the fate of Islam's third-holiest site, which is located in Jerusalem, and ensure "the rights of the Palestinian people." Even so, his comments appeared to mark a break with the public posture adopted by most Arab leaders.

Two Arab countries, Jordan and Egypt, have peace treaties with Israel, but most Arab countries, including Saudi Arabia, do not recognize Israel. However, there have been recent signs of a warming between Israel and the conservative kingdom, whose aging monarch, King Salman, has already handled many leadership responsibilities over to the crown prince.

That prince just keep making waves doesn't he.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rGK0-OTbcI

No, this is not an April's fool joke.

When K-pop is more effective than nukes...

I think I'll take a few days off.

I didn't realize he was in SK for this. I thought they came to him.

Could you imagine if HE took the opportunity of being there to defect? Now THAT would be funny. You know it sucks in NK if that happened.

Thomas Sowell

They did come to him, the concert was in Pyongyang though Kim was not expected to attend. Kim's only left DPRK once as leader and that was last week (to China). The visit was reciprocation for the cheer team the north sent to the Winter Olympics.