Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Beta IV - General Feedback [The Good // The Bad]

Beta Feedback The Good The Bad IV

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

urosdot

urosdot

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts

Getting Might back is bad... show me one player that  didnt max it in PoE 1.... having 5 companions with maxed might was so borring and we are back at it again...

arrow_to_the_orlan.png?dl=1   That guy over there to the left with the yellow background. That notorious min-maxer didn't max MIG all the time. What a victim... ;)

im the victim!!! not letting me dump strength in a rpg is a crime against humanity.:)

• Boeroer likes this

z_liquid

z_liquid

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 59 posts

Usually the argument for taking might is that what else you gonna pick? Res for wizard?

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2040 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Getting Might back is bad... show me one player that  didnt max it in PoE 1.... having 5 companions with maxed might was so borring and we are back at it again...

While everyone here is mocking the post, I think it is true that Might is a more balanced stats in PoE 1, it's a good dps stats for those without damage bonus, and can be left 10 for classes like rogues. However, Might is too important in DF so if you are a min-maxer, it's a bad design because noone would not max it. I like PoE1 type better, it also nerf those one-shot build like assassin/bleakwalker if might is an additive.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4444 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
What they had done with STR/RES was not the solution. MaxQuest has good proposals to balance MIG—I would on board with those.
  • draego, Boeroer and HAWmaro like this

Farsha

Farsha

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

While everyone here is mocking the post, I think it is true that Might is a more balanced stats in PoE 1, it's a good dps stats for those without damage bonus, and can be left 10 for classes like rogues. However, Might is too important in DF so if you are a min-maxer, it's a bad design because noone would not max it. I like PoE1 type better, it also nerf those one-shot build like assassin/bleakwalker if might is an additive.

Yep, Might is more important now than it was in POE1. I think that it was Obsidians response to critique that stats effects on gameplay are underwhelming.
It might even be too strong now, and you are right every min-maxer will max it now, it's just too good as multiplicative bonus.
Neverthelss I still think that for anything armored Dex is still #1 stat though, as characters get really slow now with heavier armors.

We'll get max Mig, max Dex and 3 Res, for most min/max meta builds. Which is a shame. Not gonna do it myself but lot of "pro"gamers will for sure. 

Edited by Farsha, 25 April 2018 - 04:22 AM.

urosdot

urosdot

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts

Mock away...:) but remember me, every time you will click on that +Might button.. If i had a buck for every click on Might, i could make a rpg...:)

• Boeroer and Wormerine like this

djinnxy

djinnxy

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

I'm not going to argue that might isn't by far the most important stat in the current state of the game. I will put forth the assertion that perception is probably the second most important barring a great need to make up for armor speed penalty that is. Most of the heavy hitting right now is done stacking one shot abilities and/or critical hits which benefit more from the accuracy than from repetitiveness. I'm not saying there aren't cases where dexterity would be more important to a build, just that in most cases right now it's not. I've also found that a few points in con makes a slightly bigger difference than PoE in part because the armor penalties are so restrictive that robes are the go to source of protection.

HAWmaro

HAWmaro

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 81 posts

Might may not be perfectly implemented now but the current system is still much better than the RES/STR version which IMO was the worst version of POE stats.

• AndreaColombo, DexGames, Dr <3 and 1 other like this

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2040 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Can anyone confirm that if a character has two trait that gives status resistance, he can ignore lvl 2 affliction? Or they won't stack?

Lamppost in Winter

Lamppost in Winter

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Can anyone confirm that if a character has two trait that gives status resistance, he can ignore lvl 2 affliction? Or they won't stack?

Just checked this with Wily Step + Unstoppable, doesn't stack.

• dunehunter likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10731 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Hm, according to stacking rules that say that passives stack it should.

Bummer. :(
  • AndreaColombo likes this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4444 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Quite. Especially because the exception is never communicated in any way.

theBalthazar

theBalthazar

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Stacking rules with pillars  :no:

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10731 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
You keep saying that, but so far the stacking rules of Deadfire were completely consistent.

snphillips0@gmail.com

snphillips0@gmail.com

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I'd *imagine* it's because resistance is a discrete trait, rather than a modifier; "downgrade the appropriate affliction" instead of "+1 affliction level downgraded". Makes sense as a balance thing, but like everything else it'd be cool if it were made more explicit.
  • Clean&Clear and Dr <3 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Feedback, The Good, The Bad, IV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users