First Hour Beta 4 - Bug Report/Suggestions

EDIT - I put this in the wrong sub-forum, if a mod wants to move this to the beta bugs forum that might be best, but maybe it doesn't matter. Either way.

EDIT 2 - Yeah, a second text based adventure did not let me choose a character to make a check, it's only using the stats of my main. But some checks still DO let  you pick a character, so that's a little confusing?

EDIT 3 - And another update - it looks like the first sub-class entry is blank until you click off it and back into it again, not just for Druids.

Here is what I noted while re-watching a video I made of my first hour or so. 

Custom Formations revert to a straight line when you quit/reload your game. This has been present in every version of the beta, iirc.

At the "Baby Boar" choose your own story type event, I seem to no longer be able to choose a character to use Stealth? Possibly an issue with all text based adventure stuff, but this is the only one I've done so far since Beta 4.

Combat Log - mouse over and SHIFT+Mouse Over puts tool tips on the left and some of the details seem to be missing.
03.30.2018-17.05.png

When buying supplies for the ship I can't click into the quantity to manually type in a number. Also the dialog window says "Move Item" or "Move how many Repair Supplies"?
03.30.2018-17.05.png

Character creation - Animist and possibly other screens have no text until you click off and back onto them.

Ship to Ship Combat:
The game allowed me to use Full Speed Ahead 3 times in one round, gaining almost 100m of distance. The tooltip says you can only use FSA 1 time per round?
03.30.2018-17.21.png

Enemy ship turns to port twice but is still oriented the same on the direction indicator UI?
03.30.2018-17.05.png

Suggestion:
You know how you can see what enemy a spell is targetting, like Chill Fog in this screen grab? I think it's new, and I love it, but it would be handy for other abilities, like to see who Mercenary Rogue is aiming her Strike the Bell ability at so I know where she's planning on moving to on the field when battle starts.
03.30.2018-17.25.png
Edited by bleedthefreak
  • Like 1

I can explain ship stuff:

1) the tooltip is a leftover - you indeed can use move forward as much as you want. To compensate its effectiveness got nerfed.

2) Manoeuvres can fail now - it seems that inexperienced deckhand crew can extend length of turning/jibing. It is expressed 8n “flavour text” and is represented by the arrow conecting the two “turn” boxes.

• Like 1

One thing I noticed is that it's impossible to buy food and water after leaving the port for the first time. Even though you can spenmd omney on it, the supplies just disappear. Does anyone else have this issue?

Also, after realoading the first ship combat, I got stuck in perpetual combat mode even though all enemies were dead. One crewmember got stuck on the enemy ship and kept spasm-ing along the enemy ship railing. Maybe that is what caused it?

At the "Baby Boar" choose your own story type event, I seem to no longer be able to choose a character to use Stealth? Possibly an issue with all text based adventure stuff, but this is the only one I've done so far since Beta 4.

This is also not working for the Dank Spore scripted event either.

I can understand that there may be some scenarios where the Stealth capabilities of all party members are checked individually but both of the scenarios in the beta are perfect examples of where you would send a scout first to recon the area and then report back.