Thoughts on new Death Godlike and Nature Godlike abilities?

I tried a fire godlike retaliation monk, up to now battle forged dmg seems TO NOT scale with lvl ( or if it scale is a risible amount). About 6 dmg at lvl 9 on hit. I think it will be fixed soon, like moon godlike healing.

Perhaps every godlike should have one non-scaling and one scaling ability? The former would be useful against low level foes and the later starts off weak but becomes ever more useful over time.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I tried a fire godlike retaliation monk, up to now battle forged dmg seems TO NOT scale with lvl ( or if it scale is a risible amount). About 6 dmg at lvl 9 on hit. I think it will be fixed soon, like moon godlike healing.

Yes, it's quite crappy atm.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The more I look at godlings, the more it appears that Obsidian is or has been putting more work into them than other races. I don't think anyone will complain bout this as this is completely understandable.

As we all remember, Josh said godlikes are the hardest race to draw and write for. Very interesting indeed.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Once moon/fire godlike passive scales with level they gonna be fine, nature godlike's passive is super strong for casters, deathlike's abilities is .... meh too stituational to be useful.

Yep. I think apart from Death Godlike they are all in a good place (once they scale that is). I've no doubt Boeroer can make a ridiculous build that makes use of the Death Godlike passives, but in most cases it'll be bad.

Edited by JerekKruger

It's very situational. But as I said you can kind of abuse it with Barring Death's Door and such.

I would have liked a fear aura or something like that.

I tried a deathgodlike berath priest with barring death’s door. It was Ok... +4 PL or more might make it more appealing, now it’s just oKay...

• 4 weeks later...

No helmet is a pretty huge racial penalty, they could probably give the character an ability like barring deaths door.

Alternatively give players a real necromancer, certain decay spells will heal the character, fear immunity, second chance etc, plug one of those holes that a wizard/chanter multi doesn't quite fill