Melee Wizard Questions

So the wiki states that taking the conjurer subclass increases power level of conjuration spells and increases recovery time of non-conjuration spells (plus a few other effects).

From what I have seen, the conjured weapons scale off of level. If this is true, does the increased power level effect those spells?

Is the increased recovery time additive or multiplicative? According to the wiki most of the enchanting spells that one would normally cast in a melee wizard build have zero recovery. Does the recovery time stay zero?

Also, do you keep summoned weapons in 'Form of the Fearsome Brute"? And if so, does its power outweigh the benefit of the enchanting spells you lose access to for going transmuter? Looks like you would retain Lengrath's Displaced Image which seems solid.

Power level increases the duration of summoned weapons. That's all. Personally I think it's the wrong choice: single class Wizards should summon more powerful weapons but lose out on various cross class martial abilities and passives, and conjurers should summon even more powerful weapons at the expense of a more limited spell selection, but Obsidian disagree.

As far as I know the increased recovery time is as a percentage of the base, so if the base is 0 the increased time will remain 0.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think you can't use summoned weapons whilst in Ogre Form. 

• Like 6

What JerekKruger said, plus: Form of the Fearsome Brute will remove any weapon and give you a (scaling) ogre club. Like Spiritshift will give you natural weapons, the Ogre's natural weapon is the club or something... ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods