Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

Counterpoint: I play on the highest difficulty and don't care about other consumers.

Sensuki would be so proud
  • Like 6

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

But maybe you care when a company makes bad business decisions and can't produce any more of your favorite games?

Psst. I think he was joking ;)
  • Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Guest 4ward

Counterpoint: I play on the highest difficulty and don't care about other consumers.

Sensuki would be so proud

afaik Sensuki played PoE on hard difficulty, not on potd and of all backers reported the most bugs during the backer beta (the backer beta for Pillars1 was much more bug-infested than the one for deadfire). He and Bester created the IE mod which was used by quite a number of people and he also created a good amount of videos for PoE upon release in regards to gameplay, classes, …, which helped newcomers. He made some videos regarding inclusion of things specific to IE games since it was advertised in kickstarter as being a homage to those games and he also together with other users like Cubiq reported the fallacies of the engagement system which were taken into account by Obsidian. So, i‘m not really sure why you‘d mention him in this context.

So, i‘m not really sure why you‘d mention him in this context.

Because he threw a temper tantrum when they didn’t make the game he wanted them to make
  • Like 2

Guest 4ward

Because he threw a temper tantrum when they didn’t make the game he wanted them to make

understandable to a certain part, IMO, with the time and effort he invested.

My hat’s off to you

He and Bester also both lambasted the game on release and refused to even play it. 

Some of his feedback was also loony, and I told him as much.  I don't dislike him, he is actually an okay guy if you get him in normal conversation about other topics.  However he literally wanted to change almost every aspect of combat, vastly overhaul the stats, he literally liked nothing about Eternity and was trying to force Obsidian to abandon their vision for his.  At some point you have to realize you have crossed the line and are no longer being reasonable.

Either way thanks for that IE mod credit, hope you didn't use the UI stuff I spent over 150 hours working on to meet Bester and Sensuki's design specs.

• Like 10

Guest 4ward

no, i don‘t play modded games, there‘s a good amount of people who do and they are surely grateful to anyone who contributed.

I actually messaged him a few months back and asked him if he planned to play the Deadfire beta. He replied the following:

No, sorry mate I am not. I didn't back the Kickstarter. Someone did gift me a beta key and I tried it out but I hated it (much as I hated Pillars on release).

• Like 1

I'm confused, who is Sensuki?

An AI Sawyer created in the mad pursuit of Balance. It eventually decided that the player itself is the source of imbalance and tried to exterminate everyone. It was only through the sacrifice of a few brave heroes that its central mainframe was reached and deactivated.

• Like 10

I actually messaged him a few months back and asked him if he planned to play the Deadfire beta. He replied the following:

No, sorry mate I am not. I didn't back the Kickstarter. Someone did gift me a beta key and I tried it out but I hated it (much as I hated Pillars on release).

I offered him a free copy of full release a long time ago, he had no interest.  He wants BG3, and he knows Eternity will never be that.

I offered him a free copy of full release a long time ago, he had no interest.  He wants BG3, and he knows Eternity will never be that.

It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time. /Zahua

Edited by The Sharmat
  • Like 26

It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time. /Zahua

I don't even know who Sensuki is, but I think this right here is now my favorite post on the forum.

Well done, sir.

• Like 4