Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

I think the terms 'romance' and 'confirmed' are being thrown around a bit loosely lol.

The closest thing to confirmation that I could tell was Josh describing his tweets when people were making jokes(?) a while back about having a sword romance and he'd post that gif of the guy sweating so hard it looked like someone dumped a bucket of water on him xD

That's about it.

I think the sword will be raunchy (as we've heard) but I got no real sense of confirmation on an actual 'romance'. Depending on how people define that word for themselves I guess.

I think the terms 'romance' and 'confirmed' are being thrown around a bit loosely lol.

The closest thing to confirmation that I could tell was Josh describing his tweets when people were making jokes(?) a while back about having a sword romance and he'd post that gif of the guy sweating so hard it looked like someone dumped a bucket of water on him xD

That's about it.

I think the sword will be raunchy (as we've heard) but I got no real sense of confirmation on an actual 'romance'. Depending on how people define that word for themselves I guess.

I feel the same, but wondn't be surprised otherwise. 

People need to....

Sheath their swords...

Ok.  I'm done with this thread for a bit. 

• Like 10

On the stream Josh said the sword has a romantic angle to it.

So... that does sound like a romance confirmation. Or heavy flirting confirmation with a couple candlelight dates strewn in. 

Hey, maybe its just DTF, no strings attached. ;)

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Maybe the sword is romantically involved with the owner of which it speaks in the latest backer update, and won't stop reminding you unless you shut it up XD

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Sword with Benefits?

An edged weapon that does crush damage
  • Like 12

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

So... that does sound like a romance confirmation. Or heavy flirting confirmation with a couple candlelight dates strewn in. 

I dunno I presumed it could be a number of things, not at all related to the protagonist, which would just be hilariously...creepy. Like, for example, by the sounds of it the sword sure loved the former owner's...hand. Or there is a sad romantic story about the sword when it was still alive and/or how her soul became trapped in a sword. Also, the sword can be given to any of your party members to use, so that too puts a damper on sword+protagonist love story. It's sounds more like a promiscuous story of changing hands, lol. 

• Like 4

Somewhere there's an intelligent hilt looking for the right sword.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Is sheath a thing in PoE 1? I always feel you just hang them on your waist or back when you are not using them.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't - just skimming my old screenshots all my characters had their weapons in their hands. 

Yes but you can equip two sets of weapons and the second sets will be appearing on your body instead of your hand.

Edited by jf8350143