Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

On reddit they said it would be single-handed.

LAME!!!!

Guess Eder will need to eschew his beloved Saber in favor of single hand swords this time.  Or maybe I will drag Ydwin along as a straight rogue and give it to her.  Decisions....

• Like 1

On reddit they said it would be single-handed.

LAME!!!!

Guess Eder will need to eschew his beloved Saber in favor of single hand swords this time. Or maybe I will drag Ydwin along as a straight rogue and give it to her. Decisions....

Fighter PC. Problem solved.
  • Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Wasn't Enserric one-handed, too?

I vaguely remember him changing shape depending on dialogue options, but I'm fifty one percent sure he started out in the most popular format ever.

I experienced the effect of mass when I lost 15 kilograms in my first 4 weeks in Usbekistan - because of diarrhea. Going from 90 to 75 kg in less than two months was quite the show (I'm 1.9 m tall). People openly asked me if I had cancer.

One first mass effect was that I had to buy new pants - quickly.

By the time I had all my suits retailored I had regained 10 kilos. That was the mass effect 2: buy new suits because the tailor made them all too tight.

I also saw an dromedary in Usbekistan. But I didn't realize it was a part of any of my mass effects at that time.

Good talk. Now off to something completely different!

You should have signed off with "HA! Good Fun!".

Edited by Skazz

Why should I do that?

It wasn't fun at all... :)

I suppose something about the cut of your story and the fact that you had chosen to end it with the phrase “good talk” reminded me of Gromnir.

But yeah, I’m not really endorsing explosive diarrheas as fun experiences in any shape, way, or form.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1

Josh creativity getting strangled by fear of traditionalists:

https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/173484553421/how-about-integrating-potion-usage-into-the-new

Shame. I was never a fan of the way RPGs always handled consumables.

Because i'm a hoarder. I just hoard the consumables and never use them  (in case i REALLY need them, even if i'm fighting literally the last boss of the game, BUT WHAT IF THERE'S A SECOND PHASE, GUYS? Doesn't matter that i have like a 100 potions in my backpack!)

• Like 14

Josh creativity getting strangled by fear of traditionalists:

https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/173484553421/how-about-integrating-potion-usage-into-the-new

Hoarding consumables doesn't actually feel that great. Diablo 2 had a balance, since you would prefer to keep your inventory for items and your belt encouraged use so you could clear the potions in your inventory as you get items. Plus it was inconvenient to use them from inventory, but simple from the belt, plus Diablo has difficulty spikes where your basically expected to chug a few in a pinch.

• Like 1

I'm not so much a hoarder as I tend to just forget I even have all that crap, unless a fight comes up when I specifically need this particular consumable. Which in Pillars was mostly resistance scrolls. So yeah, making them per-encounter resources or something might have helped that, but as it is, I'll continue to forget I have them. Oh well.

This is also a pretty specific thing to tiptoe around traditionalists over... you'd think all the other heresies against the Holy Canon of RPG Design would have made per-encounter potions small by comparison.

• Like 1

In most games I hoard, and in PoE1 I didnt use food too much. The new rest system will fix that. However, I used Potions, and built a fair few characters with high lore for scrolls and used them liberally. I already have plans for some explosive experts and scroll junkies. I'll probably make a potion monkey too. Once I get a better grasp of the skill system in the full game I may make a mix of a few of them if i can.

I wonder if you can set the AI to use consumables. I didnt really mess with it.

If it's anything like the DA:O or FF12 systems, it should be possible to set variables like " self: health < 50% -> use potion of health" or " self: any -> use potion of fire resistance" or "enemy: health > 25% -> use fire grenade" and so on.

I'm cautiously optmistic that it will be possible, I seem to remember screenshots floating around that showed a glimpse of the possible settings and it looked like it was pretty in depth.

Yeah, consumables would be more useful if they were per rest, rather than single-shot. For example, establish a supply order with an alchemist that gets refilled each rest. (Possibly you need to provide them an example and some materials first.)

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Fighter PC. Problem solved.

Lol I don't power or meta game my characters.  My PC is the same PC I had in Eternity, Cipher (maybe fighter/paladin multi classed in) who specs in two handed swords.  Maybe if I get a spare proficiency I will throw it at Estoc.

Anybody catch the interview with Geek& Sundry? Is there anything new in it?

I didn't even know about it. It's archived already, but you (maybe) have to subscribe to Geek and Sundry to watch it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/256786856?collection=Uu7MCEZL_RSxsQ

Looks like Josh and Co. show up at the 40 min mark, but I haven't done more than skip ahead until I saw something I recognized (which turned out to be Josh).

I watched most of it, but gave up after the blue/green-haired dude started smashing stuff in his cardboard robot costume.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I like Taliesin and it was nice to see Josh and Justin. No real new info that I caught. I don't think the hosts are as deep into info diving as we are lol

Getting to the point when the guys were on was a bit painful for me though. The whole hyperactive trying-hard-to-be-funny schtick grates on my nerves something fierce x.x

• Like 2

I didn't even know about it. It's archived already, but you (maybe) have to subscribe to Geek and Sundry to watch it.

Looks like Josh and Co. show up at the 40 min mark, but I haven't done more than skip ahead until I saw something I recognized (which turned out to be Josh).

Can't watch it since it's subscriber only. Based on what I see on RPGcodex and 4chan, the only new thing is that they confirmed the talking sword romance? Didn't have any proof though.

Can't watch it since it's subscriber only. Based on what I see on RPGcodex and 4chan, the only new thing is that they confirmed the talking sword romance? Didn't have any proof though.

> they confirmed the talking sword romance

What.

No :facepalm: . Whole stream was a waste of time, barely any Deadfire info and nothing new. (And annoying voices of those girl hosts are still ringing in my ears.)

• Like 2

> they confirmed the talking sword romance

What.

That's the reason I want to see anyone did watch the show and can clarify on this, since I've seen several people on RPGcodex and 4 chan say something like "romancing the sword confirmed", but I'm not sure whether they are joking or something.