Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

Liking Mass Effect 3 is grounds for expulsion from these forums

Recant, immediately. *hits with whip* Recant your evil statement. *whip again*

I think Mass Effect 3 was great!

Ok that's a lie, I think it was better than people said, but it is the worst real Mass Effect game. On a 10 scale I would give it like a 7. I refuse to count Andromeda as a Mass Effect game by the way :p.

It was such a let down after 1 and 2 though.

Yes, Andromeda does not exist, let us not speak of it.

Andromeda was the best ME game.

(Though as many games do, it falls apart in the final act)

ME1 fondness is mostly nostalgia and posturing at this point. Replaying it , it's a fairly hollow series of fetch quests.

What if Mass Effect was never all that good, just a fairly shallow series with very high production values (until the third game...)

What if Mass Effect 1 was good and had an interesting sci-fi premise that was then squandered by literally every piece of Mass Effect media that came after it?

Are we in some sort of a Bizarro world right now?

• Like 2

What if Mass Effect 1 was good and had an interesting sci-fi premise that was then squandered by literally every piece of Mass Effect media that came after it?

What if you've been in a coma for many years and this is all a dream about a game you never actually played?

What if you've been in a coma for many years and this is all a dream about a game you never actually played?

Somewhere in the world right now, Michael Kirkbride is getting inexplicably aroused.

• Like 2

Liking Mass Effect 3 is grounds for expulsion from these forums

Recant, immediately. *hits with whip* Recant your evil statement. *whip again*

I think Mass Effect 3 was great!

Ok that's a lie, I think it was better than people said, but it is the worst real Mass Effect game. On a 10 scale I would give it like a 7. I refuse to count Andromeda as a Mass Effect game by the way :p.

It was such a let down after 1 and 2 though.

Yes, Andromeda does not exist, let us not speak of it.

Andromeda was the best ME game.

(Though as many games do, it falls apart in the final act)

ME1 fondness is mostly nostalgia and posturing at this point. Replaying it , it's a fairly hollow series of fetch quests.

I wouldn't put it this harshly, maybe, but I agree. I replayed ME2 and ME3 recently and they were fun, even though cracks begin to show. ME1, though? I just can't get past the early game nowadays.

ME1 gave us an interesting, vivacious space opera setting, and then introduced a villain that completely eclipsed every single other thing inside it right around the middle. It made it very difficult to follow up on that. ME2 does its best by basically having us to prepwork for the whole duration... which, coincidentally, shows off its setting. ME3 had to finally have the big god-machines from outer space come calling, and that was that.

• Like 3

I experienced the effect of mass when I lost 15 kilograms in my first 4 weeks in Usbekistan - because of diarrhea. Going from 90 to 75 kg in less than two months was quite the show (I'm 1.9 m tall). People openly asked me if I had cancer.

One first mass effect was that I had to buy new pants - quickly.

By the time I had all my suits retailored I had regained 10 kilos. That was the mass effect 2: buy new suits because the tailor made them all too tight.

I also saw an dromedary in Usbekistan. But I didn't realize it was a part of any of my mass effects at that time.

Good talk. Now off to something completely different!

• Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

What if Mass Effect 2 was the best of the seiries despite its lack or traditional rpg mechanics?

If I had quit just moments before the final boss encounter, I think I'd agree. Something about how 2 left off though leaves me very sour.

Damn, this thread needs new news.

What if Mass Effect 2 was the best of the seiries despite its lack or traditional rpg mechanics?

If I had quit just moments before the final boss encounter, I think I'd agree. Something about how 2 left off though leaves me very sour.

No, this thread needs to be closed because it has accumulated a critical mass. Time for Teasers Part IV !

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

No, this thread needs to be closed because it has accumulated a critical mass. Time for Teasers Part IV !

The game will be out in a week, I don't think there is enough new promotional material to even merit a new thread.

That talking sword ... I’ve been dreaming since Tyranny to hear Allegra Clark talk to me like that... :D

• Like 5

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The game will be out in a week, I don't think there is enough new promotional material to even merit a new thread.

They could tease us about the DLCs :yes:

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

What if Mass Effect 2 was the best of the seiries

An acceptable answer, certainly of the original trilogy.   Both it and DA2 were very good at tight character stories that actually developed the companions.

Terrible end-games, though, but that's hardly surprising.

So is it a single hand sword or a two-hand sword? If single hand will it get jealous if I dual-wielding another sword or carry a shield?

Just think about it, they could add another talking sword in the future, and two of them can start talking to each other when you equip both of them and drives the protagonist crazy in the process.

• Like 5