Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

Josh talk from today at reboot develop 2018 conference. The buzzing last to around 6:14 Reee  :banghead:.

Josh gets to fit in his bike stuff :)

Audio issues aside, that's a great talk. As part of the film industry I also have to add that it's a massive issue in our case too, and one which has led me to pretty much losing a year and a half of my life in battling depression, anxiety and the likes following some of these experiences.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 4

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I really enjoyed that talk. Josh is easily one of my favorite people that's visible within the industry. As of now I've decided against going into the game-industry, though aspects of it always interest me.

It's funny though... even though crunch and many other detracting aspects of the industry have put me off from it. I've realized basically all of my student life has been dealing with equally crushing work-life balance as intense crunch. Josh mentions that the culture of it begets more of it, it's not hard to see where a lot of the mentalities originate. Being forced into a sink or swim type environment is highly destructive.

• Like 3

Josh talk from today at reboot develop 2018 conference. The buzzing last to around 6:14 Reee :banghead:.

Josh, if you read this: now I love you. :)

My wife and I had the same problems (foreign office senior service and third party funded research - can you believe it?) until we said "Screw y'all!".

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Guest 4ward

speech starts around 6h07min. Liked it very much, kind of eye-opening for me being just a gamer. He‘s very passionate about it and i like his rebellish attitude. Good point with the differnt work laws in different countries and the need for a union IMO. Hiring additional experienced members for production (dunno how they‘re called – production managers?) might perhaps also help avoiding mismanagement. I think Bioware had also shares for their employees when muzyka and zeschuk were around. Great points Josh Sawyer raised and the audience was into it, giving applause and asking questions, being involved in the speech, good atmosphere. Much respect.

Josh talk from today at reboot develop 2018 conference. The buzzing last to around 6:14 Reee  :banghead:.

Good on Josh for standing up to that stuff. We have the same issues in academia.

Also, interesting confirmation that the audio came in super late. I assume because the voice acting choice was made pretty late?

• Like 1

Article with quotes from Josh from Reboot Develop

and another nothing to special in articles but would be curious to see that talk or interview about rpgs mentioned in article. Not sure if the quotes are from the 'Take Care' talk. if this was another panel would be nice to see

Edited by draego

Looking Back and Moving Forward with Pillars of Eternity

This was a while back from Josh looks like gdc released the talk video   :yes:. Maybe i just missed the video somewhere and this is just me. 

Edited by draego

On the topic of Josh's recent Twitter activity, somewhat less from the Deadfire corner and more from the Developers As People corner:

I don't know why, but it makes me ridiculously happy that he's an apparent fan of Dead Can Dance.

• Like 1