Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

In the beta it's 1/encounter, no exception. After the first use in an encounter it greys out. And up to level 9 it's 2/rest.

Ok. I never knew that amount of empower scales with level. As we start at level 6 and go up to 8 I am used to 2 empowers per level and I always assumed that's a stable number. Just created a lvl 5 character and he has 1 empower per rest.

Not really from Josh as much as from Reddit, but here’s the Deadfire map from the Scavenger Hunt:

https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/8bkval/deadfire_map_from_the_scavenger_hunt/

"You know that unmarked island in the far NW is going to have some crazy sh*t."

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Not really from Josh as much as from Reddit, but here’s the Deadfire map from the Scavenger Hunt:

https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/8bkval/deadfire_map_from_the_scavenger_hunt/

Normally I would just make for the biggest city but I'm thinking of just sailing away in the opposite direction and see what happens. Could be fun. The NW seems like a place to avoid though, yeah.

• Like 2

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/172844241666/die-warnhinweise-und-sch%C3%A4del-kennzeichnungen-bei

I know no German, but I assume it is about the difficulty indicator. For all those who want get their faces smashed the difficulty indicator is toggable now.

Yup - from Google translate:

Question:

The warnings and skull markings at high-level locations on the world map or quest entries (bit.ly/2GQVYUL|bit.ly/2GRuv5i) as well as superior opponents (bit.ly/2EAeSxn) can hopefully in the final version hidden / disabled?

Answer:

I believe that this option already exists in the game ...

• Like 1

to me the top-right island (the one between the 's' of rikuhu islands and the 'o' of ofecchia channel) seems like the stereotypical 'evil nest with tons of ships stranded in the shores' island

"Don't believe in yourself... believe in me, because I believe in you"

- Handsome Jack

Or Ondra's Mortar

I think insta explosion if you try sail into the Mortar.

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

Or Ondra's Mortar

I think insta explosion if you try sail into the Mortar.

Sounds like a challenge for the critical path.

• Like 1

Here's another Josh interview from Pax I just run into. Don't know if it's posted before, didn't see it in this thread. Nothing new for most of us; only interesting thing is the mention (around 6:30 I think) that there are a couple secret ships you can find. Interesting and intriguing :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuu8a8QxJS8

Very cool. Thanks for linking

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

In the beta it's 1/encounter, no exception. After the first use in an encounter it greys out. And up to level 9 it's 2/rest.

there is a functional exception.  spells which can be cast before combat but which have a long enough duration to remain in effect following repopulation may be empowered for what amounts to two empowers per combat.  for example, a priestly seal spell has an incredibly long duration and may be cast and empowered outside of combat.  wait a few seconds before beginning combat and the per encounter empowering will have refreshed... and you will also have your X level ability available for use.  

regardless, it is possible to have a single character benefit from multiple empowers during a single combat encounter, but the exceptions is limited... and a bit exploitive.

HA! Good Fun!

ps  full disclosure: am gonna confess, have used pre combat empowered warding seal more than once when fighting the greater blights.  follow up short thereafter with a second combat encounter use o' empower... pillar o' faith dropped on blights clustered by a wizard's empowered pull of eora.  

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Here's another Josh interview from Pax I just run into. Don't know if it's posted before, didn't see it in this thread. Nothing new for most of us; only interesting thing is the mention (around 6:30 I think) that there are a couple secret ships you can find. Interesting and intriguing :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuu8a8QxJS8

Well, that was a nice interview. Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That was one of the best interviews that I've seen for this game

damn, gonna have to listen to it then. It always kills me when the interviewers have no clue what they are doing/talking about. Same for streamers... (looking at you Maximus wth)

• Like 3

damn, gonna have to listen to it then. It always kills me when the interviewers have no clue what they are doing/talking about. Same for streamers... (looking at you Maximus wth)

I agree, that was almost painful to watch adding the cluelessness to the attire  :lol:

Edit: To be fair to the guy, maybe he was just nervous.

Edited by Daled

Edit: To be fair to the guy, maybe he was just nervous.

“God, I hope my dad isn’t watching”

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

there is a functional exception. spells which can be cast before combat but which have a long enough duration to remain in effect following repopulation may be empowered for what amounts to two empowers per combat. for example, a priestly seal spell has an incredibly long duration and may be cast and empowered outside of combat. wait a few seconds before beginning combat and the per encounter empowering will have refreshed... and you will also have your X level ability available for use.

regardless, it is possible to have a single character benefit from multiple empowers during a single combat encounter, but the exceptions is limited... and a bit exploitive.

HA! Good Fun!

ps full disclosure: am gonna confess, have used pre combat empowered warding seal more than once when fighting the greater blights. follow up short thereafter with a second combat encounter use o' empower... pillar o' faith dropped on blights clustered by a wizard's empowered pull of eora.

Ouh - good catch. I didn't know that. It's so gimmicky - I like it! :)

Technically it's still 1/encounter though because casting "out of encounter" is not casting "per encounter". :p

But yeah - it's an exception. Sorry!

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

So... now it's your turn, SonicMage! :)

”Will stretching the VO budget to include every line of dialog make the quality so bad that the game is literally unplayable or just god awful? I’m asking because I love Obsidian so much and would hate to see them make a no good very bad game.” Edited by Achilles
  • Like 3

I'm curious about the final wordcount for the game now too. Mind, not because I believe it's been deliberately reduced to accomodate for full VO or any such theories but because I'm curious about the amount of text relative to the original game, and how many words and lines the "full dialogue VO" actually amounts to (or close to). I know the idea from the start's been to make it a less dense read than the first Pillars but I wonder if that amounts to a smaller wordcount or more along the likes of a better distribution of exposition and dialogue and information across a larger game and so on.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden